The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Luma Party
Winters Thief Zero
6 posters

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

Kong - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Page 6 Empty Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Post by Dark Jester Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:45 pm

I got my copy today, I love this game. 

Like I said above I really enjoyed Returns for it's challenge. I've only completed the first island but I'd still say it has a fair amount of challenge, I actually died at the first boss a few times.

After playing less challenging games like Mario this is really a breath of fresh air, a real fair challenge too, they don't mess you around. 

My only complaint is that it's all a bit basic, this feels more like an expansion to Returns than it does a sequel, it's not too imaginative and is (of course, in Nintendo tradition) playing it VERY safe. 

...but I expected that, and parts of me kind of welcomed it too, so I'm not disappointed in the slightest. I guess I'll post more opinions as I go through the game, but so far it all gets the thumbs up from me!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Kong - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Page 6 Empty Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:02 pm

@Luma
    Well platformers are one of my top 3 favorite game genres so yes this would be the type of game I like to play. XD

@Jester
    So then, would it be like Super Mario Galaxy 2 is to the original game? Basically just being DLC to the original. But really watching the trailers and such, it looks very imaginative, there seem to be so many wacky levels just from the ones shown in the trailers. Maybe they're just not very early on in the game?

Also glad to hear both of you are loving the game!
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:00 pm

"Popular online retailer Amazon is currently selling the fantastic Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Wii U for $39.99. Retro Studios latest adventure normally retails for $49.99, so if you fancy saving yourself $10 then go get it. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze currently has an average review score of 83 on Metacritic."

Hey, any of you going to look at this?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:35 pm

Hm, well, the thing is, I have a $25 gift card for a game store where I was thinking about getting it instead. But, I could use that deal for this game and use the gift card for something else, as it would actually save more money that way.

Also, the game is normally US$50? Not $60?
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:01 pm

Yeah.
    But due to the stupid Canadian Dollar (now below $0.88 US) I had to pay $55...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:19 pm

That sucks Luma. But at least it's still not full price for a game. ($60) Or would it be more for you now? Either way all games are overpriced. XD

Also, I'm wondering if anyone who owns the game on here actually doesn't like it, since the ones I know who do like it.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:55 pm

The game was also about $55 here with tax and I used part of my gift card to get this game.

This was my second favorite Wii U game after 3D World. So of course I liked it.

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:11 am

I actually traded in Tales of Xillia & Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD for my copy of DK: TF & all I had to pay was $10 for it. So I saved munnies by doing that. Besides, ToX didn't grab me & I like the GC version of WW better anyway.

I've been enjoying DK: TF since getting it; though I will admit to getting side tracked by Stick of Truth though.. XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 am