The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
queenzelda
Winters Thief Zero
Luma Party
7 posters

Nintendo to buy Atlus? UPDATE: SEGA buys Atlus

King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Nintendo to buy Atlus? UPDATE: SEGA buys Atlus - Page 2 Empty Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus? UPDATE: SEGA buys Atlus

Post by King Atem Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:55 am

And why wouldn't Nintendo buy out Altus? They bought Beyonneta from SEGA when it didn't do well on the Playstation 3 console I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't purchase Altus as they are trying to change how they are previewed by gamers as they want to be considered hard core and not so 'kiddie' as before.

I would like to see Nintendo acquire Atlus just to have more games on their Nintendo consoles rather then the same stand by's.

Nintendo to buy Atlus? UPDATE: SEGA buys Atlus - Page 2 Empty Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus? UPDATE: SEGA buys Atlus

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:34 am

If the games were to stay the same I wouldn't give two shits, honestly.

I just am really fond of their JRPGs is all and I'd hate to see those go away because of a transition.(i dunno. maybe Atlus wouldn't care so much about making those obscure JRPG games i like anymore)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:17 am

I see what the problem is.. Every one who is an Atlus fan is afraid that Nintendo is going to change them too much for them to remain true to their IP's.. But is change really that bad of a thing if it saves a great company that makes wonderful JRPG's & strategy titles?

I think it's is worth saving Atlus even if Nintendo is the one looking to purchase it. I don't think it should matter which corporation wants it as long as those jobs and the games survive.. That is my whole take on this.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:43 am

You have a great point there and I was blind to that. When putting it that way it's a tremendously good thing.

Now, if Atlus were to go away ENTIRELY...THAT would be terrible.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:13 pm

Oh hey there's been an update to this story! Apparently 20 other companies are looking to purchase Atlus with one of them being SEGA. (source from Nintendo Life)
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Nintendo or SEGA and that would be perfect.
    Hopefully Sony and Microsoft aren't one of those companies.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:07 pm

I hope SEGA doesn't wind up buying Atlus, but really anybody would be fine for those who still want to continue to play games currently developed by Atlus. :3

Nintendo would be better imo, just because all but one of my consoles are Nintendo consoles, obviously I'm going to want to play games on Nintendo consoles, and that would be perfect if they were exclusive to them.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:07 pm

Out of the four you listed, Luma... I personally think Sony would be the best in handling the series. But Nintendo is also one I wouldn't mind.

If there was a list of all these companies looking forward to purchasing Atlus, though... I'd certainly hope one is a big time JRPG maker. *cough*NOTSQUAREENIX*cough*
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:15 pm

Another update:

Looking forward despite parent company problems. It's been a tough summer for Atlus, as it's had to absorb its share of pressure over its parent company's financial difficulties. As we've reported previously, Atlus' owner Index has begun the process of selling its operations following its slide into an equivalent of bankruptcy; rumored potential buyers for the Atlus brand have included Sony, SEGA and Nintendo.

That process may be wrapped up by early September, if all goes well, but the results of the bidding are still unknown. From its perspective Atlus has shown plenty of resolve to continue business as usual, proceeding with multiple game releases and activities since the news of financial troubles first hit. That seems to still be the focus, with Katsura Hashino — a Director in the Persona series — saying the following in a blog post.

Katsura Hashino wrote:I’m sorry for the concerns caused by the recent circumstances, and I apologize. Next year is set to bring many announcements as part of the 25th anniversary of the Atlus brand, but there are a few things I’d like to share before that. All the unannounced titles we are working on are “under zealous development”. The challenge, for the time being, is how good they will be. We have spent days full of problems and worries, but we work strenuously so that it doesn’t break our focus.

Looks like the values of games have become very diverse nowadays, but as long as we continue to think about you that love our games, about the creativity, the know-how accumulated, the challenges and the expectation of results, I believe that the future of the series will be something great, full of fun and stimulating.
    The developer / publisher certainly has a dedicated core of fans, and news of special 25th Anniversary projects is sure to excite. sauce

Hmm.. Looks like one of the other buyers outside of Nintendo & SEGA is.. Sony. So it should be interesting to see which company ends up acquiring Atlus. ^^

I also agree with Unknown Entity that SE doesn't deserve to get Atlus AT ALL. Since most of the people who actually made good games left SE which has been kinda 'bad' at making larger console games as of late.. <.<;
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:17 pm

"A new Bloomberg report out of Japan states that Index Corporation, parent company of Atlus, is close to finding a buyer. Inside sources have indicated that Sega Sammy Holdings is one of the top interested companies. The report also says that candidates in the sale will be narrowed by next week, and if all goes well, the final sale may take place by the end of the month.
    Atlus developer Katsura Hashino recently provided fans with an apology about his company’s state of affairs, as well as a reassurance that the current situation will not slow the development of new titles. MNN will continue to track this story as it unfolds."

I'm sure SEGA will buy it now.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:36 pm

Luma Party wrote: I'm sure SEGA will buy it now.
    Hey it's fine by me. Just as long as it's NOT SquareEnix; then all is right with the world. XD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:50 pm

@Luma
    If the only reason you want Nintendo to buy Atlus is because their games would be on Nintendo consoles, then if SEGA buys Atlus, they could still develop games for Nintendo consoles.

The main reason that I want Nintendo to buy them is so that Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei happens, so it would suck if that were cancelled. :/
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

Post by Polar Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:57 am

It has appeared that SEGA turned out to be the company to buy Atlus. 

Lots of people seem annoyed about this but as long as we still get their games, I'm happy Smile

http://kotaku.com/atlus-is-becoming-part-of-sega-1338653981
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:16 am

I knew that would happen.
    At least Sony or Microsoft didn't buy Atlus.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm