The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Luma Party
Winters Thief Zero
TheFrozenFairy
queenzelda
Gameguy1996
commanderedgeworth
Lady Pikachu
King Atem
LuigiFan97
Shadow the Hedgehog
Link5009
Dark Jester
Polar
Gengar
Ospreyeagle
Peyton
Snowy Yialina
gamer
redguy
Mona
Meta Knight
Soupy
Sir Metal King
Tetratonix
Marowak
29 posters

Wii U

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Wii U - Page 16 Empty Re: Wii U

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:33 am

Mario Tennis Open had medals and Mario Golf World Tour will likely have medals so it could happen. For Smash Brothers for Wii U you could win medals of all of the characters, stages, items and other Miis.

For games that use the Gamepad expect Mario Party 10, the Wii series and maybe a Mario Golf for Wii U since the gamepad looks like it could be good for that based on that Wii Sports teach demo.

I still think that most games will hardly use the gamepad though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:56 am

You're right, there will probably be like 20 more Mario games on Wii U. Razz It seems most games really don't use the gamepad, I can maybe see the next Zelda game having some unique puzzles that use it though...I would certainly enjoy that. Maybe that's also a reason for a Professor Layton game on Wii U?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:32 am

I don't think this is the summer update so I'll post this here, a new update is now available for the Wii U.

The standby functions will now regularly connect to the Internet when the Wii U is powered down to check for available SpotPass data or software and system updates. Software updates will be installed while the Wii U is powered down, and system updates will be installed the next time the Wii U is powered on, and further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:37 pm

For the very first time I played the Nintendo Wii U yesterday. With Pikmin 3 not out yet I was "forced" to play Nintendo Land.

Gotta admit. Them reviews I've seen about it exceeding people's expectations were true. I actually enjoyed NL.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:55 pm

Yeah, Nintendo Land is actually a lot of fun when playing multiplayer. (otherwise it gets boring easily) I haven't used my Wii U for an actual Wii U game in months...but with Pikmin 3 releasing soon, I can finally have something to play on it rather than just using it to play Wii games on.

Also, since I mainly just play Wii games on my Wii U, I just press and hold the B button to access the Wii menu. But sometimes, it just says it's going to the Wii U menu, and it does, despite me holding B, and it even saying "Going to Wii menu" on the user select screen...
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:48 am

Ok, I have to get this out of my system.. So here's a huge complaint about the Wii U gamepad that I have atmo:

-_- *Sigh* I love my Wii U gamepad & all but I wish I could watch flipping embeded forum video's with the thing. >.<
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:36 pm

You can't? I rarely use the Wii U's internet browser, but I remember having been on here and watched embedded videos on websites.

Is it just blank where the video should be?
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:00 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:You can't? I rarely use the Wii U's internet browser, but I remember having been on here and watched embedded videos on websites.
    Well it's fine working on youtube & what not.. But on forums? Forget about it. :/

Zero Revolution wrote:Is it just blank where the video should be?
    Yea; there's nothing there AT ALL. It's kind of a pain in the butt if I'm here using my Wii U gamepad internet & some one posts a youtube video all I see is a HUGE empty space bellow where the video should be. It gets annoying after a while. xp
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:30 pm

That's a bit strange, but I'll go ahead and assume they didn't spend all that much time working on making the browser perfect for everything, it's at least MUCH better than the Wii's browser is. :p

I've been using my Wii U often lately to play Pikmin 3, but it's going to be annoying once many games I actually want to purchase release for Wii U, because they're usually $60, which is a much too high price for me to just go out and buy a game. I'll probably be waiting for many games to have a price drop after having been out for a while.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:That's a bit strange, but I'll go ahead and assume they didn't spend all that much time working on making the browser perfect for everything, it's at least MUCH better than the Wii's browser is. :p
    Yea that's true. But it's not like posting the link underneath the youtube video would be much of an extra step.. So yea; there's that. xp

Zero Revolution wrote:I've been using my Wii U often lately to play Pikmin 3, but it's going to be annoying once many games I actually want to purchase release for Wii U, because they're usually $60, which is a much too high price for me to just go out and buy a game. I'll probably be waiting for many games to have a price drop after having been out for a while.
    For me there aren't that many games releasing for the Wii U that I want. Pikmin 3 being the least of the Wii U games I personally want. The games I'm looking at are: Super Luigi U,  Sonic Lost Worlds; The Wonderful 101, & that's about it. Every thing else I want is releasing for the 3DS otherwise.. XD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:32 pm

I only really buy a game when I get the money for it since I like to save money. It's $65 for most Wii U games if you count tax and the Xbox One and PS4 games might be $75. The thing is that most HD game won't be cheep.

Also Zero it takes Nintendo years to drop the prices of games. Most Wii games are still $50 in stores and most 3DS games are still $35 or $40.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:09 pm

@Queen
    There aren't many games I currently want on Wii U either, but I'm assuming there will eventually be games that I want to purchase, such as Bayonetta 2, and Mario Kart 8. I don't want to be spending so much money just for one game...

@Gameguy
    $75? O_o

That's how much NES games would've cost back in the 80's, wow that is a lot of money. Why would you spend $75 on a game...I suppose some people would do that, but I don't have enough money to be spending $75 on games.

And usually that's just for the games that are #1 bestsellers with millions of copies being sold, such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Wii Fit.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:06 am

Well that is why you pick & choose the games you want. Also with Nintendo releasing games at different intervals getting the game you want is going to be easier to save up the cash toward the game/s you want & get in the long run.

As for me I'm still debating weather I want to get a Wii U before the bundled Wii U Wind Waker releases or not. I suppose I could get the GC version but I enjoy HD graphics better & I hear that there is going to be an extra added DUNGEON to the newer Wii U version so of course I'm very much tempted to wait & get the Wii U bundeled version. Razz
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:14 am

Nintendo previously confirmed back in June the The Wind Waker HD will NOT include an extra dungeon. (or other modes, for that matter)

Aonuma wrote:My main goal in making Wind Waker HD was to stay true to the original and really balance the game. When we released the GameCube version we weren’t able to fully do that and make the adjustments I felt were necessary to optimize the experience. So there will be no new content, but overall gameplay should be improved.
    Source

But Queen mentioned that the GCN version of the game is very expensive in most cases, but I have seen some copies online for cheap prices lower than $20 if you decide to purchase the GCN version.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:02 am