The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Male to female, character gender changes & or etc: In video games.

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Male to female, character gender changes & or etc: In video games. Empty Male to female, character gender changes & or etc: In video games.

Post by queenzelda Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Paper Mario & the Thousand Year Door; remember Vivian? She's a 'he' in the Japanese version.. Gracie Grace is also a man in the Japanese version; but for every one else Gracie is a woman. In Chrono Trigger Flea is really a man but looks like a woman. O-o; Another example is the villain from Final Fantasy 9 Kuja who looks to me more a WOMAN then a man as Kuja has the hips of a woman yet during the game Kuja is referred to as a 'man' during the game.

Are there any other characters you've come across that are women here but you found are men in Japan? Or even characters who your not even sure is either male or female? If so: post about it! Very Happy
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

Male to female, character gender changes & or etc: In video games. Empty Re: Male to female, character gender changes & or etc: In video games.

Post by Polar Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:49 pm

I know that Saharah is male in Japan and Birdo was also origanally male but now he's a girl? (Did Nintendo ever confirm that it is a girl now.) Also there has been plenty of animals in Animal Crossing where I have mistaken animals for the opposite gender.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Male to female, character gender changes & or etc: In video games. Empty Re: Male to female, character gender changes & or etc: In video games.

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:55 pm

^ Saharah is a female? O_o I thought all this time he was male, lol. I guess it makes sense due to him being male in the Japanese versions, but still...

I also thought Bluebear was male, but she turned out to be female.

Some people mistake Kirby for being female, but I'm certain that he's a male.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Most people just say Vivian is whatever it what's to be. I also never know that Gracie was male in Japan. Birdo is likely female since she wears a bow and a ring now and she's always teamed up with Yoshi.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Rule 63, anyone? lol

Umm... I recently read a manga(Prunus Girl) that has a character named Kizuna Aikawa and apparently said character is male but crossdresses and looks like a female. Would that count...?

Then again...this is Japan we're talking about. There is a whole plethora of this s***...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:09 pm

There's a character in Fruits Basket named Ritsu who is male and crossdresses with female clothing as well. (I thought he was a female until he stated he was male too Razz)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:02 am