The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Miyamoto COULD Lead Retro Studios Project

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

project - Miyamoto COULD Lead Retro Studios Project Empty Miyamoto COULD Lead Retro Studios Project

Post by queenzelda Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Retro Could Work On Miyamoto-Led Project In The Future, Says Nintendo Producer Kensuke Tanabe

project - Miyamoto COULD Lead Retro Studios Project 630x

"We consider Retro as part of the Nintendo family"

Retro Studios has become one of Nintendo's most important associated teams, having produced the likes of Metroid Prime and Donkey Kong Country Returns — both of which gained critical and commercial acclaim.

Retro Studios president Michael Kelbaugh and Nintendo producer Kensuke Tanabe have been talking to Official Nintendo Magazine about the working relationship between the two companies, with Kelbaugh explaining a little more about how each project works: Tanabe-san and his team at SPD [Nintendo Software Planning & Development] are our primary contacts at Nintendo. Please let me be clear: games developed at Retro Studios are a collaboration between members from Retro Studios, SPD and other entities throughout the Nintendo family. It’s a symbiotic relationship that consists of members from all over the world; we are very honored to be working with such a talented team.

When we worked on Mario Kart 7, we were working on Tropical Freeze at the same time. Part of the team was working on creating assets for Hideki Konno’s group, the Mario Kart team, and part of our team continued making progress on Tropical Freeze in conjunction with Tanabe-san and SPD.

Tanabe reveals that Retro is held in very high regard indeed — so much so that he believes the studio could end up working on a game led by the legendary Shigeru Miyamoto himself: We consider Retro as part of the Nintendo family and a very capable game development studio. As a Nintendo development team, they will keep working not only with SPD, but also with the teams in Kyoto. They might even work on a title that Miyamoto-san leads directly in the future.

However, the SPD team assigned to Retro is working together with them as a single team and I hope that will continue this way - on Mario Kart 7, for example, SPD staff were involved as co-coordinators. I am saying this because a very interesting and stimulating chemical reaction occurs when the two parties from different languages and cultures are united under Nintendo’s game production philosophy, and that chemical reaction results in extraordinary ideas.
    sauce
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

project - Miyamoto COULD Lead Retro Studios Project Empty Re: Miyamoto COULD Lead Retro Studios Project

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:59 pm

I heard about this before, and it's interesting. If they do wind up working on a game led by Miyamoto, it would more than likely be Metroid Prime or Donkey Kong Country. (although who knows, they could work together on Zelda or Mario, or even something new)

But with Miyamoto being such a fantastic game developer, along with Retro Studios who is also a fantastic dev team, it could be one truly amazing title.

project - Miyamoto COULD Lead Retro Studios Project Empty Re: Miyamoto COULD Lead Retro Studios Project

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:11 pm

I'm wondering if maybe there could be a cross over of some sort in the works myself. O.o
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:20 pm

I would expect a Metroid game from Retro, but with Miyamoto, this could truly be something amazing.
    I do hope it is a Metroid or DKC game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:44 am

Since Miyamoto is the head of the ED Tokyo teams Retro could be helping with the next 3D Mario or whatever the the first Tokyo team has been working on I guess they could also help with Zelda Wii U but, if Nintendo ED 3 needs extra help they will likely ask Monolith Soft since they did help with A Link Between Worlds. There next game is likely a Metroid game though and I don't see Miyamoto leading that project.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:26 pm

^ No, Miyamoto did work on Metroid Prime, so it wouldn't be unlikely for him to work on another game, especially considering it was Retro who made that one.

Does anyone think it could be Miyamoto's new IP?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm