The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Nintendo 3DS Successor?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo 3DS Successor?  Empty Nintendo 3DS Successor?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:13 pm

I've been asking and wondering too much about it, so I thought I'd post a thread. What do you think or want Nintendo's next handheld to be? Do you have any ideas about it? You can also post thoughts on others' ideas as well. Here are mine:

Nintendo FeelDS - Keeps the same 3D effect as the Nintendo 3DS, with better graphics. It also includes the Slide Pad Pro built in. But the main feature of the FeelDS is it's new improved touch screen! The new touch screen is a bit bigger and is much better suited for touch rather than being only accessible with the stylus for the most part. The new improved touch screen allows you to feel the textures of whatever is on the touch screen. (I guess it depends but, it may be like the 3D where there is a slider to turn the option off)

Nintendo DS Mind - Terrible name I know, I can't think of anything good for the name. But the DS Mind will also keep the 3D and have built in Slide Pad Pro, but you now have the ability to control the game using your mind! It IS possible y'know, but I don't see this one coming until after Nintendo's next handheld honestly, because the technology for it probably isn't good enough yet.

Nintendo TS - Triple screens! This would be a bit chaotic, but could be kind of interesting. I guess it depends on how they go about it.

I would have more ideas, but Gameguy actually came up with the other two first, so I'll just let him post them if he wants to.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Nintendo 3DS Successor?  Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Successor?

Post by Marowak Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:56 pm

I honestly was thinking in my head of three screens, and then saw that you said it, so why not more screens are needed to advance.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:30 am

The Nintendo 4DS- Take the games to the next level with Nintendo 4DS. Nintendo 4DS does not have just 4D but, also HD making it easy to play you favorite Nintendo games on the go such as Super Mario 4D, The Legend of Zelda 4D, Donkey Kong Country 4D, Kirby 4D and some returning favorites such as StarFox 4D, Kid Icarus 4D and many more. Nintendo 4DS also includes an improved touch screen, duel analog sticks, a bigger stylus, a plug that connects to the Wii U and and a copy of Mii Adventure. Nintendo 4DS will be out in 2015 at a price of $299.99 at your local retailer.

The Nintendo HDS- Same thing as the the 4DS minus the 4D and it's only $249.99
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:45 am

Zero, what the heck is a Slide Pad...

Also, I still think it is too early to predict.
    I hope for another Game Boy.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Circle Pad, whatever, the Slide Pad was the original name for it, I still say it just because that's what it was when Nintendo revealed the 3DS. As for another GameBoy, I just have a few problems with that. If there aren't two screens, then it wouldn't be able to have backwards compatibility with 3DS or possibly DS games. Plus the DS is the second best selling console of all time (just about the first, damn PS2 selling like 100,000 more units Razz) and the 3DS has also sold really well, so it might be bad to just abandon the DS line entirely.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:47 pm

I'd say that the next console successor would be for both the top & bottom screens to be touch screen that way not only can you do certain things on the bottom of the screen but the top as well. Maybe in the future; there won't be any directional buttons but you have to use the bottom screen in order to move the character & the top buttons for input of attacks or whatever; where the a, b, x, y buttons would be set. So maybe set a, b, x, & y would be set to the top of the screen; while movement will be on the bottom.

Idk if this console will ever come into being or not; but I could see it happening in maybe trying to see if it could happen while in development of the next new console.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:47 pm

Hm, that would certainly be interesting. I do have a problem with the second thing you mentioned though, and I'm sure I'm not alone, touch screen buttons suck. It would make no real sense for the buttons to be placed on the touch screens alone, for every game. Yes, there are some DS and 3DS games that are controlled using the touch screen, but I don't think that every game should be that way...

But otherwise, having both screens being a touch screen would actually be cool. I wonder why they didn't do that to begin with on the DS. It just makes sense with the 3DS since the screen is 3D and all, being a touch screen would be awkward.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:45 am