The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo in 2014 Predictions?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo in 2014 Predictions? Empty Nintendo in 2014 Predictions?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:50 pm

Here you can post your predictions about what Nintendo will do this year, including game releases/announcements, console updates, etc. You don't have to post as much as I do in mine though, if you just want to say one thing go ahead. I just have a ton of predictions is all.

Firstly, Nintendo will have another huge Nintendo Direct at some point this month. We are already halfway through the month, and I believe that Nintendo will have one during the final two weeks of January. This Nintendo Direct will be a bit different from what Nintendo normally does. Generally, Nintendo likes to keep new games or game details hidden for quite some time. However, this Direct will be one to help them show that the Wii U will have plenty of games throughout the course of 2014, unlike in 2013. This will be that proof. The Direct will include trailers and new info on previously announced titles including SMT X FE, Yarn Yoshi, X, and Bayonetta 2. It will also announce a new 2D Metroid title on the 3DS. And yes, I did say 2D Metroid on 3DS, not Wii U, I honestly don't think they'd have enough to show of a Wii U Metroid game at this point in time, and that should wait for E3. However, I do think there will be TWO brand new Metroid games this year, which may be a bit strange, but we do need new Metroid games. Nintendo will reveal Miyamoto's new IP on Wii U, plus Intelligent Systems' new game on Wii U, which I predict will be a new Fire Emblem game. I also think Nintendo will announce Kirby: Triple Deluxe's release for early February. The trailer will end with release date announced for Mario Kart 8 to be in March, then a brand new trailer for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

February will see the release of DK:TF and Bravely Default as we already know, as well as Kirby: Triple Deluxe, as I believe this is when Nintendo would choose to release the game.

March will be the release of Yoshi's New Island and Mario Kart 8. I also think Nintendo will announce the Wii U Slim, a brand new slimmer model of the Wii U which will be available for only $20 more than the current Wii U Deluxe. I also think Nintendo will increase the battery life for the Wii U Gamepad for all Wii U consoles shipped starting in around March.

April will be the release month for Bayonetta 2 and Mario Golf: World Tour. There will also be a Nintendo 3DS system update improving speed for the OS and allowing for the console to be used as a Wii U Gamepad.

May nothing much will happen, Hyrule Warriors will release and that's about it.

June will be E3 and Nintendo will actually have a press conference! They will focus more on games than is usually done at these E3 conferences, starting off with a new Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS trailer with a release date set for October on the 3DS version, and December for the Wii U version, unfortunately not a simultaneous lanuch. Metroid Wii U will be shown with a new trailer and will be the 4th game in the Metroid Prime series, as well as a release month set for November. X will get a final name and release date set for August. StarFox for Wii U will be revealed and will include elements from StarFox Adventures and StarFox 64, but introducing new things as well. This game will also release in November. Animal Crossing Wii U will be revealed with a 2015 release, using the Wii U Gamepad for different features making it easier to find things such as your home. Third party reel will be shown, then have 1 or 2 of the games have a spotlight for the Wii U versions. (or hopefully being Wii U exclusive!) Nintendo will finally introduce a very interesting new IP in addition to Miyamoto's. A new game is also shown making use of 2 Wii U Gamepads at the very same time. Then Zelda Wii U is also finally revealed, but with disappointing news that it won't be releasing until Summer 2015. There will be demos of pretty much every game there! But even better, some of them will be available for download on the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS eShop.

July will be the launch of another Pokemon spin-off game which is minor on the 3DS eShop. Metroid 3DS will also be released in July.

August is the release of X and Yarn Yoshi, as well as the first game which will make use of 2 Wii U Gamepads in action at once! (Btw, I think this would be a very small $20, hence why released so soon after the announcement) It will also be the release of Wii Sports Club at retail.

All those game releases I mentioned before in these final months, which will be great. I also have predicted sales numbers for consoles:

Wii U - 15 million units sold by the end of 2014
    Nintendo 3DS - 84 million units sold by the end of 2014

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 pm