The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Gameguy1996
Snowy Yialina
Luma Party
queenzelda
Winters Thief Zero
9 posters

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal - Page 3 Empty Re: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:05 pm

Thanks Yi, I haven't really kept up with any of that since I'm not that interested in the Wii U version. Razz (I've heard it's not too good...but then again people always say that for Sonic games, so who knows XD)
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 715

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal - Page 3 Empty Re: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal

Post by Snowy Yialina Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:Thanks Yi, I haven't really kept up with any of that since I'm not that interested in the Wii U version. Razz (I've heard it's not too good...but then again people always say that for Sonic games, so who knows XD)

You're welcome! Smile 

Really!? No! Don't do that, please! Just cuz people have said, that doesn't mean it's true! In my opinion, it looks really good and I'm absolutely stoked about it! Very Happy 

Yeah, they do, so I say you opt it a chance Wink Seriously~

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:22 pm

This is coming from someone who has been a fan of Sonic all his life and has played almost all the games.

Highly uninterested.

Since when did Sega thought it was a bright idea to make the gameplay of Sonic more combat oriented rather than platforming? How come they brought in staff from the Jak and Daxter series? How come the voice acting sounds incredibly out of place? Why is the game so slow?

Look, I love action-adventure games like Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank but trying to implement that style of gameplay to Sonic is stupid. Looking at both the Amy and Knuckles gameplay vids, it decreases the game's excitement factor when I have to constantly maul enemies and switch players, rather than one-hit KOs and faster pace. Sonic Heroes kind of had the same concept but the difference is that the level designs were more linear and obviously the game was faster. I just hate all this new combat oriented bullcrap. It was fine in Sonic Heroes and Shadow The Hedgehog, but once Sonic '06 rolled around it got old pretty fast.

I understand that this is a spin-off to the main franchise and that it has a more Western, kid-friendly attitude toward it, but why make it a big deal to completely revamp Sonic's image and the nature of speed gameplay? It's not like Sega changed the franchise very much when the Sonic X show aired, aside from voice acting, and besides that show had that same cheesy but way past cool atmosphere that was already present in the games.....just with Chris Thorndyke (YUCK!)

I'm actually fine with the new redesigns. Knuckles looks a little derp but it's not something to complain about. I find it heavily annoying that the characters talk during your missions, as in all the damn time and they even repeat some dialogue! Oh goody! That's gonna be pleasant on the ears, especially when the voice acting in this game sounds HORRENDOUS.

I am hoping at this point that Sega is in the works of another Generations-like installment. That gave me hope that the fire in the franchise's eyes hasn't burned out yet. With the release of that godawful Lost World and this pandemonium however, my patience is slimming.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:03 pm

^ I accidentally clicked back when posting so now I have to type all over again. >_>

Anyway, I've never been a fan of Sonic's games even if I've liked a few of them, but I'm also not interested in at least the Wii U version because of basically the same reason. The fast-placed movement and control scheme makes it seem like it's meant to be a traditional Sonic game where you of course move really fast, that's pretty much the main reason Sonic games exist, and what the normal gameplay should be like. But they've been doing this a lot with many of Sonic's 3D games, where it just feels really awkward to play because it still FEELS like a game where you're supposed to move very quickly like Sonic's traditional games, but actually plays like something else entirely that is much slower paced. (at least it seems that way to me...) I assume it'll be the same with Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric as well.

I haven't seen any of the 3DS version on the other hand. XD

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:17 pm

It's fine to slow down once in a while but the combat oriented gameplay is what ruined it for me. Compare Modern Sonic's stages in Generations to Sonic Boom's gameplay vids. High.amount of difference in speed.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:16 am

I especially hate how the characters talk very frequently in this game. I don't want to hear things like "These tracks were just meant for me!" or "Rings! Nomnomnomnomnom." while I am playing a video game. I never thought there could be something more annoying than Omochaos in Sonic games..
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:43 am

^ Oh yeah, it's annoying. I should know because I've played Xenoblade Chronicles, where the same thing happens, and they repeat the same lines constantly. It's not THAT bad, but I wish they wouldn't do the same thing here. (especially if the voice acting is terrible)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:54 pm

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric will come out one week early in North America.

This is great news for everyone who wants the game and I think it's smarter to release the game 10 days before Pokemon and not 3 days before.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 am

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric is really the name of this game? So you have to fight against lyrics... To music? -_- Me thinks that some one in SEGA lost it to name it that. If it was a rhythm game I could see the name & all.. But it's NOT.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:07 pm

^ It's because the main villain's name is Lyric I believe. (or that's the type of creature he is, something like that) I don't really think it's that bad a name to be honest.

And it's good it's releasing a week early here, Smash Bros, Pokemon, GTA V on PS4, there would be a lot of competition otherwise.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:17 am

A demo for Shattered Crystal will be coming to the eShop on November 4th.

Go Nintendo wrote:SEGA just confirmed that a demo for Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal is heading to the 3DS. You'll have to wait until Nov. 4th to get the free demo, but free is free! Hopefully the demo will help some people decide which side of the fence

I'm glad it's getting a demo and I hope Rise of Lyric also gets a demo since I would likely get that version when I'm able to get the game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:50 pm

A demo for Shattered Crystal is out now has anyone downloaded it?

I dewnloaded it a few minutes ago but, I won't try it until later.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:44 pm

I don't really feel the need to try it out, the game doesn't look that great already, so it would probably just waste space on my 3DS. I'm probably not going to get the game, so I don't really need to play the demo.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:09 am

I'll probably download the demo just to try it out myself. I'll try it after I'm finished downloading the Pikmin 3 demo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 pm