The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Winters Thief Zero
Dark Jester
6 posters

How challenging was this game for you?

Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

How challenging was this game for you? Empty How challenging was this game for you?

Post by Dark Jester Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:44 am

So, this isn't just a thread but also a bit of research for me.

I personally found X and Y to be the easiest Pokemon game to date, even easier than some games outside the Main RPG like Mystery Dungeon and such.

I think changing the mechanics of Exp Share to give all your Pokemon and giving to you so early in the game was ridiculous. I personally turned it off during my first playthrough of the game. 

But when I did get to play through with it I found it incredibly cheap, I had level 97 pokemon by the time I got to the Elite Four, that plus being able to boost EXP with so many items given to you in game like the lucky egg and Pokemon-Amie... it was just overkill! 

So that of course eliminated some of the challenge, but then the overall design of the map seemed less confusing, not as adventurous, I mean, there isn't much of an after game this Gen.. really just that one island and the Looker story. The Elite Four didn't even get traditionally tougher the next time you challenged them, which is pretty sad really...

I don't know, to me I think they had the younger audience in mind with this one, dulled down the challenge quite a bit. 

But what do you think?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

How challenging was this game for you? Empty Re: How challenging was this game for you?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:27 pm

Yeah I found Pokemon Y to be fairly easy, I did have some trouble with the Elite Four, but otherwise, the enemy Pokemon always seemed to be at a MUCH lower level than mine, and were easily defeated for the most part. Just because I hadn't played a Pokemon game in such a long time, I didn't mind the easiness too much because I was really enjoying the game. So really, it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the game, but I do feel it could've been more difficult.

And Jester, you mentioned the map being less confusing and adventurous, well, really I don't think that effects the difficulty at all...I too would've preferred it to be less linear, but being confused for a really long time where I can't find where to go is just tedious and annoying, if they would've made it more like that, I feel I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. But that doesn't make it more difficult really.

But yeah, easy game.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

How challenging was this game for you? Empty Re: How challenging was this game for you?

Post by Dark Jester Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:27 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:Yeah I found Pokemon Y to be fairly easy, I did have some trouble with the Elite Four, but otherwise, the enemy Pokemon always seemed to be at a MUCH lower level than mine, and were easily defeated for the most part. Just because I hadn't played a Pokemon game in such a long time, I didn't mind the easiness too much because I was really enjoying the game. So really, it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the game, but I do feel it could've been more difficult.

And Jester, you mentioned the map being less confusing and adventurous, well, really I don't think that effects the difficulty at all...I too would've preferred it to be less linear, but being confused for a really long time where I can't find where to go is just tedious and annoying, if they would've made it more like that, I feel I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. But that doesn't make it more difficult really.

But yeah, easy game.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I expected from you, I read that this was your first Pokemon game in a while so I think your view on the game fits well. 

It really didn't effect my enjoyment ether! I'm not sure if that's what you thought I was implying, but X/Y are great games.

As for the maps, I can understand your confusion with what I meant. That statement really spawned over me having a friend and a cousin who both stated this was their first Pokemon game that they didn't get stuck within a cave, and even I in previous game got a bit lost and ended up in strange places or discovering secrets. 

I guess my thinking was more "the less game there is, then the less there is to be challenged by", if that makes sense?
    Nino
    Nino
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

Custom Title : Do my best!
    User Points : 1420
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon Ultra Sun

Post by Nino Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:57 pm

XY seemed so easy to me. As soon as I got my Carbink, every opponent was easily defeated. And of course, Battle Chateau and EXP Share helped.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:32 pm

It was an easy game for the most part since the Exp Share, Pokemon-Amie, lucky egg and the EXP points that you get from that random guy that shows up in most towns made leveling up Pokemon really easy. I also never really used a Mega Pokemon unless the trainer I was fighting used one since there over powered.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:10 pm

@Dark Jester
    Oh no, I didn't think you were implying they were so easy that you wound up disliking them, after all I doubt you would own so many copies of these games if you didn't like them very much. XD And yeah it was my first Pokemon game since Gold, so a lot has changed since then lol.

@Gameguy
    Yeah, I wound up not talking to all of the people who gave you special powers and whatnot in the towns, and also didn't use Pokemon-Amie for the most part, I didn't know it made the game all that much easier though. Does increasing your Pokemon bond actually do much during battle?...
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Oh yea Pokemon X/Y are laughably easy. Having played the older Pokemon games I expected these titles to have two different teams after the legendary shown, but you get the same team for both so no point really in my getting both except for my wanting to be able to capture both legendaries..

The story is ok, but I feel that this game was more like a cross breed of games with being able to dress up your trainer all the while catching Pokemon & going through the motions of battling npc's. Impo, I felt like I was playing a "My Stylish Pokemon Trainer" instead of it being a full on Pokemon game experience. xp
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Dark Jester Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:58 pm

queenzelda wrote:Impo, I felt like I was playing a "My Stylish Pokemon Trainer" instead of it being a full on Pokemon game experience. xp
    That really is quite the personal opinion.

So you're saying just because they added character customization it suddenly felt like a fashion game?

I actually kinda feel sorry for you there, you kinda excluded yourself by seeing it that way. XD
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:04 pm

I don't see how she can 'exclude' herself when in way: she's right. After catching all of the Pokemon, & beating the game the only thing left to do [if you don't online battle] is to buy clothes. I suppose one could breed alternatively, but breeding gets boring after a time: at least for me it did.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm