The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Meta-Knight's video game art

Frost-Knight
Pikachu
Pikachu

User Points : 126

Re: Meta-Knight's video game art

Post by Frost-Knight on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:29 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:I think it's better than your other digital Link drawing, it looks pretty good. ^^ Although I'd like to see you color it.
Thanks! I might color it tomorrow, I have to practice shading clothes and hair anyway.

Here is something else I finished today:

Spoiler:

It's Magolor from Kirby's Return to Dream Land/Kirby's Adventure Wii and Kirby's Dream Collection. He is surprisingly difficult to draw (at least for me), especially his hands. the right one looks like some sort of mutated leaf.
Not sure why I made him blink, though.
Winters Thief Zero
Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:27 am

I like how he's winking, and that's a great drawing of Magolor. The hands look fine since that's how they look in the game. Also, he's one of my favorite Kirby villains.

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!
Frost-Knight
Pikachu
Pikachu

Post by Frost-Knight on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:24 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:I like how he's winking, and that's a great drawing of Magolor. The hands look fine since that's how they look in the game. Also, he's one of my favorite Kirby villains.
Thanks! I like him, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan of him.

Here is something I just finished:

Click on your own risk:

It's Ike! I finally drew and posted something Fire Emblem-related. I'm trying to test some new artstyles and ways to draw, so I tried a chibi-like style today. I'm not too satisfied with the pose, his right arm looks just plain weird. I'm happy with how the hair turned out, I tried to shade it in another way than I usually do. The pose looks a bit awkward and I still need a lot of work on anatomy and such, but it turned out way better than I expected. But I messed up the colors as usual.
Winters Thief Zero
Admin
Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:13 pm

Oh, it's a chibi version of Ike! I was wondering if you purposely drew him like that, until I read the bottom of your post. I think that's a really good drawing. I like how you put in every detail. And I don't see what's wrong with his right arm, unless I'm missing something.

Official Inkling Squid

Frost-Knight
Pikachu
Pikachu

Post by Frost-Knight on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:30 pm

It's been a while since I last drew something digitally, so here is my latest drawing:

More Fire Emblem:

It's Marth. I started drawing way too many Fire Embem characters during math class today, so I had to draw something serious when I got home. Sadly, I couldn't make my hand-drawn drawings look good when drawn on the computer, so I tried something else instead. Which is a shame, I was really proud of those sketches.

I have actually never drawn Marth before, but he sure is fun to draw. I tried to use a more simple art style this time, based on the official artworks for Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, but it didn't go that well.

But I messed up the anatomy again. 
Winters Thief Zero
Admin
Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:49 pm

You should try to post the hand-drawings if you can, too! I'd like to see them.

That's nice, it looks like a more cartoony version of Marth.

Official Inkling Squid

Frost-Knight
Pikachu
Pikachu

Post by Frost-Knight on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:24 pm

Here's some uncolored hand drawn Fire Emblem art. Unfortunately, I still don't have a scanner, so I had to take photos of them with my mobile's horribly bad camera. I didn't resize them, so they're pretty large.

Micaiah:
I drew this one in school, it actually took about two hours to finish.

Sigurd:

He's quite difficult to draw, actually.

Marth is not amused:

Celice:
According to Fire Emblem: Awakening, his name is "Seliph", but I will still call him Celice. He's fun to draw, but difficult.

Ike:

Ike is fun to draw too, but almost even more difficult than Celice.

Another Celice:

This is his face when he gets an empty level up.

And an unfinished digital crossover thing:
Zelda and Fire Emblem crossover:

It's Link and Aless (Ares according to Awakening) from Genealogy of the Holy War. I thought their hairstyles were similar at first, but now, I see that they aren't. I still need to spend a few hours on the outlines until I can color this one.
It's not obvious to see who I spent the most time drawing.

I should get back to working on requests and art trades, I draw way too much Fire Emblem stuff.

Pikachu
Pikachu

Post by Frost-Knight on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:05 pm

I haven't drawn digitally for ages, feels like I've forgotten everything. But here's something new that is neither Kirby, Zelda or Fire Emblem. Then what could it be?

Who is this guy again?:

I can't do anatomy, so I'll stick to these chibi-ish headshots for a while. I also had a lot of trouble with the colors, I think I'm mildly colorblind. Also tried out a different colouring style, which I think can be used for 3D-ish drawings. Shulk is so detailed, I missed quite a few details and drew the others wrong. The one who designed him must have planned on never drawing him again...

I love Xenoblade why can't I do it justice argh

Admin
Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:31 pm

Did you know more than 10% of men are color blind? That's a pretty high percent so I wouldn't doubt it.

But regardless it looks really good! I like all the little details, I still have no idea how people are able to make the coloring look that great...

Official Inkling Squid

Frost-Knight
Pikachu
Pikachu

Post by Frost-Knight on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:41 pm

@Winters Thief Zero wrote:Did you know more than 10% of men are color blind? That's a pretty high percent so I wouldn't doubt it.

But regardless it looks really good! I like all the little details, I still have no idea how people are able to make the coloring look that great...
I don't have trouble with one particular colour, it's more that I can't tell the difference between different hues (like light blue and grey, orange and light brown, blue and purple). But you're right, it's probably some sort of colorblindness.

Thanks! I just messed around with the brush, I didn't actually have a plan of how I was going to colour it. It worked surprisingly well, though!

Pikachu
Pikachu

Post by Frost-Knight on Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:51 pm

I'm allowed to borrow my father's scanner sometimes now, so I can finally scan traditional drawings instead of taking a photo of them. Hopefully it will make them nicer to look at! I can only do it during even weeks for now though.

And to add a drawing to this update, here's an extremely simplified FE11 Marth:

Spoiler:

Really simplified, but take a look at his Shadow Dragon design and you won't blame me for being lazy. I kinda messed up the anatomy too, but I'm really happy with how his hair came out. But I need more pens.
I love Marth in Shadow Dragon. His design is amazing too, I'm one of the few who loves Shadow Dragon's artwork, portrait and graphics design.
I'm trying to get better at drawing humans in a manga-ish style, but it's for my future education (only four months left until I find out if I've been chosen for the school I want to go to!).

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I used ink for the outlines. Ink is a bit tricky to use, but I'm trying to get better. Can't draw manga traditionally without ink. Razz

Admin
Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:48 pm

Looks nice! If I had one thing to say about it, it would be that he looks really tired or something, not sure what that's about. XD But it looks really good.

Official Inkling Squid

Frost-Knight
Pikachu
Pikachu

Post by Frost-Knight on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:43 am

@Winters Thief Zero wrote:Looks nice! If I had one thing to say about it, it would be that he looks really tired or something, not sure what that's about. XD But it looks really good.
It's probably because of that line under the eye, it always make them look older/tired when I draw.

But thanks!

Pikachu
Pikachu

Post by Frost-Knight on Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:39 pm

I've been messing around a bit in Art Academy: Sketch Pad for the Wii U today. It wasn't a good idea, even though I took several long breaks, my eyes are burning. I guess I can't avoid getting glasses for much longer. Anyway, this is the result of hours of pain and drawing:

Spoiler:

Hardly anyone knows who this guy is, and even less have played his game. To be honest, I haven't either. It's Runan from TearRing Saga. Although he became quite a few years younger when I drew him.

I had a lot of trouble with the colors and shading this time. I really don't like drawing in Sketchpad, for several reasons. I'm practising drawing like a madman, but I hardly see any progress at all. At this rate, all the girls at my (hopefully) next school will be light-years ahead of me when school starts after the summer...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:48 am