The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Meta-Knight's video game art

queenzelda
Lady Queen
Lady Queen

Custom Title : Trap Master of Light
Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8466
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Re: Meta-Knight's video game art

Post by queenzelda on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:45 pm

Actually, I like your enemy drawings; they're interesting. As for the bunny with the sword & shield; there's something a'kin to it called a cut rabbit in Suikoden 2.

Still I like the idea of it with a shield like it can attack & defend when it's waiting for the hero's turn to go next. Like the pattern could go; bunny attack's, & then it's the hero's turn who attacks it while the bunny defends for it's round. Thus taking more rounds to defeat the bunny.

Extra stuff:

One day soon I shall surpass you Luma, I the Queen of Zelda do declare it so!!
Frost-Knight
Pikachu
Pikachu

User Points : 126

Post by Frost-Knight on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:44 pm

@Winters Thief Zero wrote:The insect one is absolutely terrifying, what even is that? Still, I'm assuming that's the point. I also think the bunny one is cute though.

Really great drawings. Are those the enemy designs for your game?
Really? I think it's kind of cute. And I have no idea what it is, I was just trying to draw something that fits my artsyle as much as possible.

Thanks, and yep, but all of them may not be used. It depends on how difficult it is to animate them. I have two more designs, but they're far from finished yet.
Queen Pikachu wrote:Actually, I like your enemy drawings; they're interesting. As for the bunny with the sword & shield; there's something a'kin to it called a cut rabbit in Suikoden 2.

Still I like the idea of it with a shield like it can attack & defend when it's waiting for the hero's turn to go next. Like the pattern could go; bunny attack's, & then it's the hero's turn who attacks it while the bunny defends for it's round. Thus taking more rounds to defeat the bunny.
I'm not sure how complicated I will be able to make the enemies' programming, but I like the idea of switching between attacking and defending. It shouldn't be too difficult to at least animate a blocking animation, and such details are very appreciated. Thanks for the suggestion!

Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:06 pm

Well we have very different thoughts on what's cute then. :p The insect one is my favorite but I think it looks hella creepy.

I like the idea of the bunny being able to defend too. It'd certainly make it more interesting than if it did nothing.

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!
Frost-Knight
Pikachu
Pikachu

Post by Frost-Knight on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:49 pm

I haven't made much progress since last time, I've mostly been working on my backgrounds. But, next week I'll probably start with the animating. Because there wasn't enough time for everyone to start this week.

Mostly sketches:

Background 4:

The unfinished background for the fourth area. Compared to my first one, it's a piece of art. I'm going to add glow effects to the candles and braziers too, and maybe some background stuff.

Sketches:

During a class, I and some friends started drawing stuff so the others could guess who or what we were drawing. I ended up drawing these masterpieces.

Ike because why not.

Wind Waker Link, because I love drawing him.

Marth, though he ended up looking kind of girly.

My cat I love more than anything else, so much that I draw her like this.

The best Ace Attorney comic ever. I was going to draw a few more panels, but come up with a good way to continue it.

A guy with a weird helmet. I tried to draw something else, failed, and this happened.

The history behind this one is weird, and kind of difficult to explain. I named it "Waifu".

Not sure what to say about this one. It started out as a Sweetroll volcano, but I think it's best if I leave it at that.

Admin
Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:16 pm

You named him Waifu? XD That's great. The sketches are pretty good considering they're just sketches, and the background is interesting. Is it an underground or haunted area?

Official Inkling Squid

Frost-Knight
Pikachu
Pikachu

Post by Frost-Knight on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:52 pm

After letting this topic remain silent for over a year, I thought it a fitting time for some necromancy. I honestly haven't drawn anything at all of note since last time, save for the usual school stuff and math doodles, most of which aren't very nice to look at or interesting enough to pay attention to. Thought I could at least show off some of the things I've done though, large image alert.

My finished first game:

In December 2015, I finished my first game, named "Delving Cookie", which I've posted some designs from last year.

Start screen from my first game, it's pretty ugly and the game doesn't get better.

Rare leaked screenshot from actual gameplay. You play as a cookie that can fire cookie dough, that delves into a tomb filled with bats, killer rabbits, weird bug things and ghosts. It may sound awesome, but it really isn't. Some things become better with age, this game is not one of them.

My second finished game:

My second game I made during the first half of 2016 was also a platformer, with more ambitious ideas that weren't fulfilled. It ended up being called "Something Happened", which shows how much of it never happened.

Early sketch of what could have been the main character, with nonsensical text and an eye drawn for good measure.

Early sketches of what ended up being the main character, but ended up as a mage instead of a sword wielder. Still regret that decision, swords are cooler. Also, I got some FFIV vibes from the design when animating, but those were unintentional.

Start screen, which has both the torch and glow animated in the actual game.

A bug enemy. I like those, I guess.

A bird enemy that shoots feathers. It ended up being slightly more annoying than intended.

Game over screen. I felt witty.

Win screen, using the background from the unused final boss stage. I don't have the programming skills for a boss encounter.

My third game:

This year, we're making a fixed screen over one whole year instead of two over one year, so it's a bit more ambitious. We have to go with a sci-fi theme too, which I'm one of the few who appreciate.

The background for the first room in the game. It has no doors. I'm working on that.

Design sketches for some xenoforms that I'm personally pretty proud of. They all draw inspiration from various games I've been playing recently, but as long as nobody can tell, that's okay.

Maybe the PC. Maybe just a random NPC.

Maybe also the PC. Maybe also just a random NPC.

Likely the PC. It makes sense within my lore, and I'm terrible at drawing humans.

Emblem I plan to put everywhere where it fits.

Other things:

Mr. Mög, a creature created by someone else and turned into what he is by me.

Sometimes we do realism during game design classes. Like the time we drew eyes, studied eyes, learned about eyes. We also had to design a creature with fitting eyes, which was actually pretty fun. Unlike my creature.

This is from the latest game jam, which was absolutely brutal but a lot of fun. My insane ideas helped, I think. Featured is the win screen from a platform game where you play as a wooden horse avoiding zombie wooden horses falling from the sky and exploding on impact. That was all my idea.

Now that I've posted a lot of pictures, maybe I can let this topic rest in peace for another year.
Winters Thief Zero
Admin
Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:31 pm

I mean the art from the first game might not have been the best, but you've shown a LOT of improvement, I mean it. I really like the style you went with for the second one and for your current one. And the horse one sounds kind of hilarious.

Official Inkling Squid

queenzelda
Lady Queen
Lady Queen

Custom Title : Trap Master of Light

User Points : 8466
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:42 pm

More like Cobra Commander with just a slightly different look is all.

Cobra Commander. xp

Extra stuff:

One day soon I shall surpass you Luma, I the Queen of Zelda do declare it so!!
TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 964
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Post by TheFrozenFairy on Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:03 am

Your art from the third game is a significant improvement from the first game. The design sketches for them are pretty nice. I also like the early sketch from the second game as it reminds me of a mix of Zelda and Link. Your idea for the game jam is great, looks like it turned out well. I like such a crazy idea.

Thank you Queen!

[21:48:28] @ Luma Party : I tried to ban Zero, but it didn't work

"So? A baseball has stitches! Are you saying all baseballs are suspicious because they have stitches!?" - Phoenix Wright

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:40 am