The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Nintendo to cut the prices of five great Nintendo 3DS games

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Nintendo to cut the prices of five great Nintendo 3DS games  Empty Nintendo to cut the prices of five great Nintendo 3DS games

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:04 pm

PR Email wrote:REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Five great Nintendo 3DS games, including the top three best-selling Nintendo 3DS games of all time, are getting a new lower price. Together these five games have sold more than 9 million combined physical and digital units in the United States alone, and represent some of the most fun game experiences available today. The five games are must-haves for anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS system, and their new price represents an even better value for consumers.

Starting April 22, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D will be available in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and in retail stores at a suggested retail price of just $29.99 each.

In order, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros. 2 represent the top three best-selling Nintendo 3DS games of all time in the United States - each one has sold more than 2.15 million physical and digital units in the U.S. alone. All five of the newly discounted games star classic Nintendo characters and franchises, and their strong sales over time demonstrate the longevity of Nintendo's games. The games make great gifts, engaging entertainment for families and other spring break travelers, or just a way to introduce kids to the fun of video games.

For more information about these products, visit http://www.nintendo.com.

*Data regarding physical sales of games are from the NPD Group. Data regarding digital downloads of games and combined physical/digital life-to-date numbers are from Nintendo's internal sales figures. All numbers, unless otherwise stated, are specific to the United States only.

I guess they cut back the prices since 3D World, DKCTF and New Super Mario Bros U are out for Wii U and Mario Kart 8 is coming out soon. As for New Leaf getting a small price drop it could be hinting a Wii U Animal Crossing coming soon.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Nintendo to cut the prices of five great Nintendo 3DS games  Empty Re: Nintendo to cut the prices of five great Nintendo 3DS games

Post by queenzelda Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:52 pm

I sure hope to see a new Animal Crossing release to the Wii U. Usually the Animal Crossing series seems to follow the pattern of releasing from home console, to handheld, to home console, to handheld, to home console. So I'm hoping this trend with the AC series continues. :3 I'm not interested in the other titles that have been listed for the price drop though. *shrugs*
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo to cut the prices of five great Nintendo 3DS games  Empty Re: Nintendo to cut the prices of five great Nintendo 3DS games

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:25 pm

I really do hope that's hinting at a Wii U Animal Crossing game being released in 2015. (no way Animal Crossing would release outside of Japan before 2015 when it hasn't even been announced yet, too much text to translate)

I'm not interested in any of the games as I own all but Mario Kart 7 and DKC3D. I'd rather just get MK8 and I already own DKCR on the Wii. But it's nice they're starting to drop some 3DS prices.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:35 am