The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Nintendo's E3 plans

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Nintendo's E3 plans Empty Nintendo's E3 plans

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:09 pm

PR email wrote: REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Over the last few years, Nintendo has repeatedly reinvented its approach to E3 by creating unique ways to break news and get fans at home involved in the fun, while also offering great experiences for on-site attendees. That mission continues in 2014 as Nintendo offers a series of new channels to communicate news directly to its key audiences, including fans, media, analysts, investors and business partners. This includes a new format for unveiling news: the Nintendo Digital Event; a Super Smash Bros. tournament; a full slate of live, in-depth game demos from the Nintendo booth; and an opportunity for fans to play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U for the first time at their local Best Buy.

“We demonstrated last year that we are never afraid to reinvent a proven tactic or to break completely new ground if we believe it will provide the best experience for our fans, followers and partners,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America’s president and chief operating officer. “So, whether you’re attending E3 in person or joining online, there’s an amazing lineup of games, experiences and events coming your way.”

At E3 2014, Nintendo will offer four unique experiences, all under the unifying banner of “Play Nintendo.”

Super Smash Bros. Invitational

2014 will see the arrival of not one, but two new Super Smash Bros. games: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. To commemorate this occasion, Nintendo is inviting 16 highly skilled Super Smash Bros. players to the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles to compete in a Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament. Thousands of fans in the audience and countless more watching a live stream online will see new Super Smash Bros. characters clash with existing favorites in action for the first time. More important than declaring a winner, however, this event is a celebration of all things Super Smash Bros., and a great way for new and veteran fans to take part in a tribute to this legendary franchise. More information about the 16 invited participants in the tournament, the identity of the announcers, and how fans of the franchise can view the tournament in person and via webcast, will be communicated shortly.
    Nintendo Digital Event

Every year, Nintendo looks for the best way to show its games and share its news with fans, media and other key audiences. In 2013, Nintendo decided to forgo a traditional press conference and use a video – in that case a Nintendo Direct – to share its news from E3. The company is building on that approach at E3 2014 with the “Nintendo Digital Event,” a new kind of video program that will reveal and provide further detail about the gaming experiences on the way for Nintendo platforms in 2014 and beyond. The Nintendo Digital Event will air at 9 a.m. PT on Tuesday, June 10.
    Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3

This year, Nintendo will offer fans a deeper look at Nintendo’s biggest games of E3, with information directly from the source. The “Treehouse,” the Product Development department at Nintendo of America, will provide in-depth game demos live and unscripted from Nintendo’s booth. This new program will be live streamed during all hours of the E3 show. Fans can get settled in, open their browsers and experience the Nintendo games at E3 like never before.
    Super Smash Bros. Smash Fest @ Best Buy

In 2013, Nintendo broke new ground by expanding its E3 activities outside of the walls of the Los Angeles Convention Center and letting fans play some of the games being played on the show floor at participating Best Buy stores. The partnership between Nintendo and Best Buy continues in 2014 and will mark the first time around the world that fans have had the opportunity to get their hands on Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
    More details about each event, including dates, times, locations and game content will be revealed shortly. To follow all of Nintendo’s E3 activities, keep an eye on Nintendo’s Facebook page, Twitter feed and YouTube channel. Or visit http://e3.nintendo.com.

I think playing Smash Wii U at Best Buy is cool. The Nintendo Digital Event seems to be a bigger Nintendo Direct so Iwata will likely talk about upcoming games and the Quality of life thing in more detail.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo's E3 plans Empty Re: Nintendo's E3 plans

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:15 pm

It's a bit confusing, but I guess it sounds interesting. I guess that means basically a Nintendo Direct, with a different name. Razz I likely won't even play Smash Bros. Wii U at Best Buy, I'm looking forward to the game, but it's not something I really care to try out beforehand, since I know what's coming. (not much seems to be changing in the game as compared to previous Smash games, where tons of new additions were made to make it feel fresh)

I do hope that there are some big announcements made too. That why I always look forward to Nintendo's E3. And the others too, but mostly Nintendo. XD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri May 23, 2014 1:03 am

Here's an update about the Super Smash Bros.  Invitational.

Nintendo's E3 plans BoQUxVHIUAAY_FJ

More info here.

http://e3.nintendo.com/invitational/rules.html

I like how Nintendo is paying for 2 people to have an E3 trip and for 1 person to be part of the Invitational.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon May 26, 2014 10:46 pm

Smash Fest will be happening on June 11th and June 14th.

Nintendo's E3 plans Clyz4

As of right now the locations are not up. However, we should know about the locations in a few days.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 26, 2014 10:57 pm

Hopefully my Best Buy is one of the locations. But I highly doubt it, and the lines would likely be way too large to really do that anyway. Razz
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue May 27, 2014 3:05 am

The locations are now up.

Alabama
    Hoover
    Mobile

Arizona
    Tempe

California
    Chino
    Citrus Heights
    Costa Mesa
    Culver City
    Folsom  
    Geary Boulevard
    Mira Mesa
    Murrieta
    San Jose
    Yobra Linda

Colorado
    Broomfield
    Denver

Connecticut
    West Hartford

Delaware
    Concord Pike

Florida
    Daytona Beach
    Jensen Beach
    Lakeland
    Orange Park
    Sawgrass
    South Tampa
    Tropicaire

Georgia
    Augusta
    Backhead
    Mall of Georgia

Illinois
    Champaign
    Countryside
    Schaumnburg

Indiana
    Castleton
    Greenwood
    Mishawaka

Iowa
    Cedar Rapids
    Des Moines II

Kansas
    Overland Park

Kentucky
    Florence
    Lexington
    Outer Loop

Louisiana
    Baton Rouge
    West Bank

Maryland
    Gaithersburg
    Glen Burnie
    Wheaton

Massachussetts
    Danvers
    Dedham
    Marlborough
    Watertown

Michigan
    Ann Arbor
    Rochester Hills
    Southfield

Minnesota
    Maple Grove
    Northtown

Missouri
    Brentwood
    Less Summit

Nebraska
    Omaha

New Hampshire
    Manchester

New Jersey
    Deptford
    Jersey City
    Paramus Garden
    Woodbridge

New Mexico
    West Albuquerque

New York
    Long Island City
    Saratoga Springs
    Valley Stream
    West Nyack

North Carolina
    Asheville
    Concord Mills
    Durahm- Raleigh
    Wilmington
    Winston- Salem

Ohio
    Chapel Hill
    Mentor
    Polaris
    Toledo
    Tri-County
    Youngstown

Oklahoma
    Norman

Oregon
    Cascade Station

Pennsylvania
    Century
    Erie
    Whitehall

Tennessee
    Johnson City
    Knoxville
    Memphis

Texas
    Baybrook
    Cedar Park
    Midway/LBJ
    North Arlington
    North Irving
    North McAllen
    South Park Mall
    Woodlands

Utah
    Sandy

Vermont
    Williston

Virginia
    Charlottesville
    Chesapeake Square
    West Broad

Washington
    Lynnwood
    Tacoma

Wisconsin
    Appleton East
    E. Madison
    Southridge

Also it looks you might be able to get something.

Best Buy Website wrote:Be one of the first 70 attendees at each event to pre-order Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U and receive a rare collectible Super Smash Bros. gold coin (one per customer, while supplies last). You will also get a $5 My Best Buy™ certificate when you pick up your fully paid game upon release.

Bring your Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS system to the event and play games like Kirby: Triple Deluxe or Mario Golf: World Tour with other fans.

I know I won't be getting the coin since I won;t be one of the first 70 in the door. I think I'm going to the Folsom one even if it is an hour away from me.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue May 27, 2014 3:06 pm

None of them are close to me of course. :/ There is one near where I'll be going when I go to New Jersey, but that will be shortly after this event. So that kind of sucks...

Cool that you're going Gameguy.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:28 am

Have a look at Nintendo's booth in construction.

Nintendo's E3 plans 258uj3s

I wander if the 5400 means something?

Also here some more info coming from Miiverse.

Tom wrote:    Hi there, Tom at Nintendo here at the Nintendo of America office.

Are you ready for E3?

All week, we've been busy with a lot of Miiverse and Wii U updates, but now I'm putting on my E3 hat!

If you aren't aware, here's what's going down in the next week:

Just now - as you can see the E3 2014 Community is now live! The main community if for everyone who can post to Miiverse to share their thoughts and excitement about our announcements. We also opened this announcement community, and as the name suggests, we'll be posting game news, videos and events as they're about to happen from now throughout the show.

Next Tuesday 6/10 at 9am PT / 12pm ET, we will be broadcasting our Digital Event video where we will be breaking news about our latest games for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

Immediately after, there will be the live post-show Nintendo Minute: Live@E3 where the hosts will recap the Digital Event with even more info.

From 4pm also on 6/10, we will be hosting the Super Smash Bros. Invitational tournament. The event will be live streamed on our Twitch channel.

If that's not enough, all E3 long we'll have Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 where we will be live streaming right from the show floor, to go in-depth about our latest games.

You can watch all of this on our Twitch and YouTube channel, and of course and e3.nintendo.com.

To help you get in the mood, check out e3.nintendo.com. The link's at the bottom of this post for web users, or click on the blue globe icon for Wii U/3DS users!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073299627563

I'm not sure what to think about this since Nintendo Minute will likely means that the Digital Event is less then an hour and I'm going to stay clear of the E3 Miiverse page.

Also I think someone is making a comeback at E3.

Nintendo's E3 plans BpVzEW-IAAADH0V
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:22 pm

I doubt the 5400 means anything significant, it's probably just something they're using for construction. I think it's cool that they added a Miiverse community for E3, and they're Digital Event is only 5 days away. O_O It came really quickly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 am