The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Luma Party
Nino
Gameguy1996
Winters Thief Zero
8 posters

Star Fox Zero

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Star Fox Zero - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Fox Zero

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:44 pm

The E3 demo was all about the motion controls so I doubt there will be any big changes. With that said I doubt the game does while with motion controls being a big focus.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:00 pm

I hope it doesn't have a huge focus on motion controls. I really dislike them. They can be done well but I find them unnecessary, Splatoon did it well because aiming is much more precise with the motion controls, it feels less clunky. Unless Star Fox Zero can deliver something smooth like that, I doubt I'll like them. They're fine in Mario and Luigi Dream Team for the most part.

I'm really worried if they say motion controls are plaguing the game. I'm afraid we'll end up with crippling glitches like that one that can happen during a certain boss battle in Mario and Luigi Dream Team.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:17 pm

It seems likely Star Fox Zero will be getting another delay. According to Liam Robertson (aka Tamaki) the game has been facing development troubles and may not be able to pass QA, meaning it will likely be requested that it be delayed once again.

I mean, if it's really not ready I do hope it sees another delay, but Wii U's first half this year will take a dramatic drop in quality and quantity if it's delayed. All we have is Pokken Tournament and TPHD, both are remakes or ports...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:41 pm

I still have not seen anything saying it's not just Star Fox 64 HD with motion controls on the Wii U and there is nothing they can do for the Wii U anymore.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:00 am

It seems like we will find out if the game has been delayed on Friday or not.

You know Nintendo really needs to just add regular controller support for this game to do decent and a delay is looking more likely as the release comes closer.

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:35 pm

Ugh, hopefully they'll figure things out. I haven't actually seen the thread yet (lmao) but it looks like there's a Direct soon anyway, so maybe they'll announce the delay there, or show off a new trailer for the April release. Although personally I'd rather they delay it if it's really in that bad shape.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:46 pm

Here is the latest trailer.

I guess the game is looking pretty good and at least no delay happened.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:49 pm

The game looks great! They didn't show off much of anything new but I'm still excited for it. The whole control thing worries me, but quite honestly if it's playable and it gets fixed later it's not all that big of a deal if the game itself is fun. And from the looks of it I'm going to enjoy it quite a bit.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Post by TheFrozenFairy Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:18 am

I'm super excited for this game! I'm glad to see it has improved even more since the last time it was shown. Some polish in visuals here and there. We finally get to see Star Wolf and it appears it is the N64 Star Wolf (Except Andrew? I didn't see him. I hope he's in the game at least) which is pretty cool. The game just looks fantastic now, I've been waiting so long for a new Star Fox game. It still looks a lot like Star Fox 64 though, I love that game but it looks so similar. The levels look very different at least, except Corneria looks similar. Looks like this game will have the replay value of that game thanks to the branching paths, which was a great thing about Star Fox 64.

Nice to know what the amiibo does. Will Falco give the arwing a Star Fox 64 or Star Fox Assault skin?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:58 pm

^ Yeah I was wondering that too, the Falco Amiibo is also compatible, so I kind of hope it does something else. It's possible it'll just have the same effect that using the Fox Amiibo has though.
    ZombieFish
    ZombieFish
    Waddle Dee
    Waddle Dee

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 88
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon

Post by ZombieFish Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:32 pm

It looks so good! It does look very similar to Star Fox 64 but I really loved that game so it isn't any kind of problem for me. I love how they are still doing the branching paths thing and it seems like there are so many areas to explore.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:32 pm

It seems like there will be an imvincible Arwing for new players.

ne thing that I think is a misunderstanding, is that I’m not very supportive of simply making a game easy so that people who don’t play games can play the game themselves. Obviously part of the fun of taking on a challenge is that the challenge has to be a hurdle that you overcome. Simply lowering the hurdle doesn’t necessarily mean that the challenge will be fun. What’s fun is you mastering the skill and having that sense of accomplishment—of achieving something that’s difficult.
    So I think that action games like this have to have a certain level of difficulty to achieve that satisfaction. And particularly with Star Fox Zero, if you try to complete this game, I think you’re going to find it to be quite challenging. But it’s because of that, that we have things like Star Fox Guard and the cooperative mode in this game. What those do, is allow people who maybe can’t deal with that level of challenge or difficulty to easily be a part of the gameplay and enjoy this universe.
    And then beyond those modes, we have additional ones for people who like the game but find it too hard to get past certain levels. So for instance there’ll be a way for them to get an invincible Arwing, so that they can fly through and see the levels. But at the same time, we’re also preparing modes for Star Fox fans looking for an even harder challenge, such as a ship that does more damage, but which also takes more damage.

Source

I think this is a good thing to add for new players since Star Fox has always been a kind of difficult series. I still don't think it will help sales though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:40 pm

For inexperienced players, I love how Nintendo adds in that option for quite a few of their games, it really allows for everyone to be able to hop in and have fun without getting frustrated if they don't play games very often, specifically Star Fox games. Obviously I won't be using that option but I really love how they give new players the ability to do so.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:58 pm

It's great that they allow an option to make things easier so challenge isn't sacrificed. Making the Arwing invincible? It's fine for anyone who would like to be invincible. I won't be using that but it's a nice option for anyone who wants it.

So there's no Expert mode but only an option for double damage? That's somewhat disappointing. I like how the expert mode affected the number of enemies and broke the wings instantly if they were damaged (Also giving Fox sunglasses for some reason) in Star Fox 64. I don't play it that much now but it was a nice mode. I prefer the main game myself, it's fairly challenging near the end.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am