The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Baiten Kaitos: EW&tLO topic

Christmas Queen
Lady Queen
Lady Queen

Custom Title : Trap Master of Light
Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8276
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Baiten Kaitos: EW&tLO topic

Post by Christmas Queen on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm

@commanderedgeworth wrote:If this your first time playing then please post your reaction to THAT part of the game. I can only refer to it as THAT part of the game because what happens is so mind-blowing that mentioning anything specific about it would spoil it. When you see it, you'll know what I'm talking about.
Ok there are so many different parts in the game that you could be talking about here. XD At least impo.

For example:
Like when Kalas turns on your group? Or when Mizuti is unmasked to be a girl? Or even the fact that Kalas is technically a living experiment that succeeded? Or maybe the part in the game when you see Melioda for her true evil self?

So yea, there are more then a few scene's in the game that could be what your talking about. xp

Extra stuff:

One day soon I shall surpass you Luma, I the Queen of Zelda do declare it so!!
King Atem
Ness
Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 1565
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Re: Baiten Kaitos: EW&tLO topic

Post by King Atem on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:03 pm

My guess is that you haven't gotten to that part of the game yet then. XD

Winters Thief Zero
Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:00 pm

I never wanted to play this game when I first knew of it's existence. (which was actually recently since I never heard about it at the time of release...) But you've gotten me kind of interested. Razz Although Gamecube games are way too hard to find now.

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!
commanderedgeworth
Deku
Deku

User Points : 189

Post by commanderedgeworth on Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:53 am

Spoiler:
Mizuti being a girl was never that shocking. I've never seen a man pull off the masked mascot look before, didn't think it would start here. Nah, the whole Kalas being evil thing and then going back. When I played it which would have been about ten years ago I thought it was a game over screen, so I turned off. Played through it again, turned it off again. Looked up on the internet what was supposed to happen, then I started pissing myself as my barely functioning teenage couldn't handle such as thing.

BKO had a similar twist, but it didn't feel as personal. Still, I can't think of another RPG that makes the same twist. Apart from maybe Chrono Cross where you play as the bad guy for a while.

So yeah it was a good twist.
Christmas Queen
Lady Queen
Lady Queen

Post by Christmas Queen on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:35 pm

@ Yusei: I figured it was the Kalas thing since it was kind of a huge twist. xp But one never knows.

Zero Revolution wrote:I never wanted to play this game when I first knew of it's existence. (which was actually recently since I never heard about it at the time of release...) But you've gotten me kind of interested. Razz Although Gamecube games are way too hard to find now.
You could always trying looking for it on ebay. ;3 Or just wait & see if Nintendo starts to bring GC titles over to the Wii U VC. ;3

@commanderedgeworth wrote:
Spoiler:
Mizuti being a girl was never that shocking. I've never seen a man pull off the masked mascot look before, didn't think it would start here. Nah, the whole Kalas being evil thing and then going back. When I played it which would have been about ten years ago I thought it was a game over screen, so I turned off. Played through it again, turned it off again. Looked up on the internet what was supposed to happen, then I started pissing myself as my barely functioning teenage couldn't handle such as thing.

BKO had a similar twist, but it didn't feel as personal. Still, I can't think of another RPG that makes the same twist. Apart from maybe Chrono Cross where you play as the bad guy for a while.

So yeah it was a good twist.

Lol:
I knew Mizuti was a girl long before it was revealed since a lot of the defensive equipment can also be used for either Savyna or Xahla. So it was a logical deduction to me that Mizuti was a girl & not a guy since none of the guys defensive equipment would work on her. Also Malodia being evil did surprise me a bit since she seemed so innocent but it took my playing it twice to get that she's the voice you hear laughing hysterically about bringing about Malpercio's revival. I also thought it was interesting when you found out about Kala's background the more deeper the game continued the more info you got about him.

Actually I've already made my response post about what happened when the whole thing with Kalas happens in the game in my blog; here. But I'm an oddball in that if the developers were going to end the game that soon I wanted to at least see the ending credits anyway. It's just the way I am as I found out some time ago that 'the end of the game' isn't always the end of the game as it was Lufia that taught me this; since there's a wedding in the middle of one of the Lufia games after you've defeated the bad guy of the story: or so it seems. ;3

Extra stuff:

Christmas Queen
Lady Queen
Lady Queen

Post by Christmas Queen on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:43 pm

Btw; I've also been drawing out my reaction to some of the stuff that have been going on in the game via my status in the miiverse community:

Beware! Spoilers afoot:

Xehla: "Let's go save Kalas! Yey!"
Me ('The spirit guardian'): "Let's not & say we did huh?"

Xehla & co: "Yea we saved Kalas!"
Me: -_-; "Ugh!"

(The part in the game where Kalas begs for your forgiveness. Above is my reaction. xp)
Kalas: "Please forgive me Queen."
Me: "Um why? You deserve to have YOUR game ended ya' know." -_-;

Extra stuff:

commanderedgeworth
Deku
Deku

Post by commanderedgeworth on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:59 am

Spoiler:
A friend told me about the Melodia's voice thing, but I just thought the team were short on voice actors and her voice actor could only do girl scout or crazy evil lady. There are other forewarnings early on but I can't remember any of them. Yeah, Kalas is an arsehole, no doubt about it. Actually the twist wouldn't have worked if more JRPGs had done this before because losing Kalas wasn't really a big deal from an emotional standpoint. He sulked for a lot of the game without great reason and Monolith didn't really turn him a likeable arsehole, like some of the main characters in the Tales Of games. He just whined and made the odd sarcastic comment, much like 80% of non-mute protagonists.

I'm not saying the rest of the cast were great either, Gibari was pretty cool and Mizuhi was an okay mascot character. To this day I'm still torn whether I hate Kalas's dickishness or Lyude incredible dullness more. It's still a fantastic game though.

Christmas Queen
Lady Queen
Lady Queen

Post by Christmas Queen on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:26 am

Well personally my least favorite between Kalas & Lyude is Lyude. xp I never liked him: at all. Yet as I was browsing through deviantart I found that he has a bit of a fan following.. O-o;

Extra stuff:

commanderedgeworth
Deku
Deku

Post by commanderedgeworth on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:31 am

queen wrote:Well personally my least favorite between Kalas & Lyude is Lyude. xp I never liked him: at all. Yet as I was browsing through deviantart I found that he has a bit of a fan following.. O-o;

I don't know if it's the voice actor or the translation's fault or maybe a bit of both but he just sounds so bored. Every line is a mix of sarcasm and apathy, which just makes him look more of an a**h*** than Kalas. Eh, everyone has their weird fan bases. Mines are still kicking if the planned mail bomb didn't go off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:18 pm