The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zero's 8th Generation Game Console Sales Predictions

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Zero's 8th Generation Game Console Sales Predictions Empty Zero's 8th Generation Game Console Sales Predictions

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:55 pm

Obviously, I'm no sales analyst or anything like that. Razz But I thought it would be a cool idea to predict what each of the 8th generation of game consoles would sell and see if I get some close to being right. A couple of these may seem unrealistic. But if they were impossible numbers, I wouldn't be predicting it. I'll be doing them in a top 5, with both consoles and handhelds included.

1. Nintendo 3DS - 80 million units

The 3DS is roughly halfway into it's lifespan, and is quite popular. Not nearly as much so as the original DS, but it's still been the top selling game console for many weeks throughout the past couple years. It's so far sold around 44 million units I believe. Sales will likely start slowing near the end of it's lifespan, but I still think it can nearly double that number.

2. PlayStation 4 - 75 million units

While I still think the PS4 will be the top selling home console this generation, I don't think it will sell as much as some people think. For some reason, I just don't get that vibe from it. Still, it's been selling well so it makes sense to sell reasonably well. And it does have plenty of games coming that will increase sales.

3. Wii U - 52 million units

This probably seems like the most unlikely prediction to most people, but I honestly think once the games start coming at a really fast pace in 2015, the Wii U will rapidly increase it's sales. The 3DS did the same thing, but the Wii U has even more games releasing next year than the 3DS did in it's third year. (which was where it began to shine) The games are what make consoles sell. Wii U doesn't have it yet, but by the end of 2015 it definitely will, and I think it will continue to do well and earn 3rd place. (and 2nd among home consoles)

4. Xbox One - 30 million units

We all know it's not that great of a console, and it's not selling that well either. I don't really expect it to do much better in the future either. It does have some games releasing soon, but throughout it's lifespan I doubt it will sell more than this.

5. PlayStation Vita - 11 million units

The PSVita has sold around 8 million or so, I believe. And it's not going to sell much more. In fact, I'm kind of expecting Sony to outright discontinue it before it's lifespan is even over. That's how badly it's doing. With that said, I do still think it can sell another couple million units before that does happen.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 pm