The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 10 Kirby Games

Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Top 10 Kirby Games Empty Top 10 Kirby Games

Post by Nessness Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:27 am

August 3rd
    Today's subject is my Top 10 Kirby games. Since I only played 10 Kirby games, all of the games I played will be revealed here. (Dreamland 1, 2, 3, Adventure, Super Star, 64, Canvas Curse, Squeak Squad, Amazing Mirror, Mass Attack)

10th: Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
     This game tried to change the normal Kirby gameplay, by making Kirby able to roam the world freely, much like Metroid and Castlevania. However, unlike Metroid and Castlevania, the idea wasn't executed well at all. 
     In this game, Kirby moves by doors (mirrors), which is usually one way. So, when you reach a goal, you must return to the hub of the world and restart finding the boss. I found it to be very tedious.
     Also, there are some passages which requires abilities to pass. In Metroid and Castlevania, it wouldn't matter because you can keep abilities forever. But in Kirby, if you get hit, your ability goes away. If you lose it forever, you must backtrack and find the ability again. This kind of gameplay was just bad for me, making this my least favorite Kirby game. I don't hate this game, though. It's a Kirby game. Razz

9th: Kirby's Dream Land
    The original Kirby's Dream Land was a good start for the whole series. Though it didn't have nice copy abilities like the current games, it was still a fun game for that time. But I found its sequels better.

8th: Kirby's Dream Land 2
    This Kirby game introduced the Animal Friends. Kirby could use copy abilities with them, which are different from his normal abilities. That was really innovative for me. I thought the Rainbow Shards (which is required for the good ending) were extremely hard to find, though.

7th: Kirby: Squeak Squad
    This Kirby game executed the Copy Abilities very well. I always liked the fact that there are scrolls which could enhance Copy Abilities. Also, some of the bosses were pretty clever, like World 3's Mecha Kracko. Fighting the Squeaks every time to get the gold chest was a bit tedious, so it is in 7th place.

6th: Kirby: Canvas Curse
    Canvas Curse is one of the games that utilized the DS screen very well. Drawing a line for Kirby and rolling him was much more fun than I expected. However, I think it would be better if Copy Abilities were more useful in this game. Having an actual boss other than the final boss would be nice too. I hope Rainbow Curse fixes these things, because then it would be a masterpiece.

The next five games will be revealed tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Last edited by Ness and Lucas on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:39 am; edited 6 times in total
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Top 10 Kirby Games Empty Top 10 Kirby Games

Post by Nessness Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:39 am

August 4th

5th: Kirby's Adventure
    Kirby's Adventure is an amazing game. It introduced the copy abilities, which was a huge innovation. Also, I liked the fact that there were mini games to play while you were going on your adventure. The level design is also very nice, and this was the first game that the awesome Meta Knight appeared. The only real reason that this is in 5th place is because I enjoyed the other games a bit more.

4th: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
    This game is so fun. The main gimmick of this game is mixing two copy abilities in one. This can lead into such funny abilities, like having a refrigerator or a skateboard. Also, all the levels and bosses were pretty nice and diverse. We had an ancient ruins, a factory, a department store, a castle, and a lot more kind of levels in this game! The only flaw of this game is its shortness. (Reminds me of The Minish Cap...)

3rd: Kirby Super Star
    Kirby Super Star is famous for having multiple smaller games other than having a one big adventure. That aspect made the game very fresh. I especially liked The Arena, which is much more impressive than just a boss rush. Also, this game has the best Kirby gameplay yet. You can have partners, copy abilities are very well used, and you can guard here. Oh, and that computer RPG boss is amazing.

Extras
    Before finding out which either Dream Land 3 or Mass Attack will be the champ, I would like to state my opinions about Return to Dream Land and Kirby Triple Deluxe. I have never played these games, but they look amazing. The bosses and the level designs are amazing, and I really like how the gameplay is based on Super Star, which was the Kirby game with the best gameplay. The Super Abilities and the Hypernova Kirby looks awesome too.

Now let's see the final results!
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Tomorrow, we are going to talk about a great series which is very unpopular- StarTropics Series. Stay tuned!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 am