The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Nintendo Directs?

Zero Revolution
Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo Directs?

Post by Zero Revolution on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:26 pm

What has happened to Nintendo Directs? There used to be one every 2 months or so, but it's been quite a bit longer than that. There hasn't been a regular Nintendo Direct since February. (if you don't count E3) Is Nintendo just stopping with the regular Directs? I don't really like the game-specific ones, since it's usually just summing up information on the games we already knew about...at least that was the case with the most recent Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 Directs. I hope there's a new one soon, I really want a Direct. Razz

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!
queenzelda
Lady Queen
Lady Queen

Custom Title : Trap Master of Light
Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8199
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Re: Nintendo Directs?

Post by queenzelda on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:49 pm

Yea, I kind of agree with you there. The way the directs come off as of late are just ones that just advertise for games that we know are coming out already. I wish we'd get a direct about up coming games that are releasing that we don't already know about. =/

Extra stuff:

One day soon I shall surpass you Luma, I the Queen of Zelda do declare it so!!
Kinopio
Fox McCloud
Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"

User Points : 680
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:30 pm

I recall Iwata reporting to have some health issues during the late portion of August, so I wondered if the lack of Directs was due to this. However, this might not even have any relevance to the lack of Nintendo Directs in general during the last month or so. Neutral 

It's odd...Nintendo already lacks efficient advertising, and the Directs certainly gave us the information we needed for various upcoming games as well. Let's hope that a new Nintendo Direct rolls in sometime soon.

Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1555
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:19 pm

Yea, the directs have been few & far between haven't they? But from what I can tell Nintendo is usually tight lipped about the games their making anyway; so it's not anything new that they're being tight lipped about it. Razz

Zero Revolution
Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Zero Revolution on Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:10 pm

^ Well that's true, but I do think recently they have been showing quite a bit of their new games, a bit too much actually. Razz

@Queen
Yeah, and I'm fine with the game-specific Directs, but there's not really much surprise to it. When a general new Nintendo Direct is announced, you never know what's going to come of it. (whether what they show is exciting or disappointing, it's still nice to have a surprise imo)

@Kinopio
I thought about that too, although, didn't Nintendo release a statement saying he is in full health now? He was recovering from some surgery to get something removed in August, I believe.

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!
Gameguy1996
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 11603

Post by Gameguy1996 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:20 pm

Iwata hosted the Direct for Japan in late August though he was not standing up so you could tell that he was not feeling the best.

I feel like there's been a lack of regular ones this year do to Iwata's health and there's not as many big games coming out this year. I know Pokemon, Smash and Captain Toad are big but, I feel like each of them would just get there own Directs at this point. Maybe there might be a big Direct near the end of the year though.

Thanks Zero Smile

Spoiler:

queenzelda
Lady Queen
Lady Queen

Custom Title : Trap Master of Light

User Points : 8199
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:58 am

Gameguy1996 wrote:Iwata hosted the Direct for Japan in late August though he was not standing up so you could tell that he was not feeling the best.
Yea, depending on the kind of surgery he had; it'll take him some time to recover from that & I'm sure that with some of the company holders calling for him to step down from power has probably been stressful on him too. It'll probably be some time before he'll be up & walking around or feeling well enough to do another direct & I have a feeling we probably won't be seeing another direct with him standing up for some time. And.. From what I've seen Nintendo likes to make a strong standing when creating any direct that make it's way to the rest of the world outside of Japan.. I don't know why that is; but it's just something I've felt for some time now. =/

Extra stuff:

One day soon I shall surpass you Luma, I the Queen of Zelda do declare it so!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:46 pm