The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

SSB4 Wii U Direct Thursday/Friday

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

SSB4 Wii U Direct Thursday/Friday Empty SSB4 Wii U Direct Thursday/Friday

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:15 am

A Super Smash Bros for Wii U Direct is coming this Thursday.

The times are 3pm PST/6pm EST for North America and 12am for Europe on Friday.

Watch it here

50 must see things is the headline for this. I think some of the newer stages will be shown such as Gamer and The Great Cave Offensive, the modes Amazon listed will be shown and I guess Boswer Jr. or Duck Hunt's trailer will be shown at the end of the video  but, I'm hoping for a DLC trailer.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

SSB4 Wii U Direct Thursday/Friday Empty Re: SSB4 Wii U Direct Thursday/Friday

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:46 pm

Yes! Finally! I still want a regular Direct. Razz But oh well, this is better than nothing. And it's on Thursday too! Perfect day since I don't have rehearsal, whereas I do the rest of the weekdays this week. (and there's never been a Direct on a weekend...)

I'm expecting a ton of new info then.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:45 pm

Here's the full video.

8 Player Smash, Stage Builder and all of the new stages look cool and I guess it's cool how Mewtwo is coming back even though I likely won't use him much.

Here the info round up.

Go Nintendo wrote:- collect in-game CDs to unlock new tunes
    - you can also get songs for completing challenges
    - Classic Mode progresses you based on skill, instead of having multiple paths. There are also random events. This mode is 2-player. Rewarded with a short player movie when you complete this mode.
    - All-Star mode starts with newest characters and goes to old. This is two-player as well.
    - Event mode has set themed battles with various paths. There are also two-player event battles.
    - Smash Tour plays as a board game where you spin a wheel to move around a map. 4-player. Move around Miis and collect items. Collect fighters to use in battle as well. If you land on the same spot as another Mii, all players have to face off. Defeat someone to steal a fighter from their lineup. Power-up your fighters with items. Items are important on the game map and battles. Fighters in the last battle are enhanced with the power-ups you collected. Stock battle ends the game, but the stock is made with the fighters you collected.
    - Target Blast has a bigger, more powerful second bomb. It's also heavier. There are 3 types of stages. This effects your global smash power.
    - 4-player target blast where each player takes turns, multi-man is 4-player and home run contest is 2 or 4 player as well
    - Special Order has master and crazy hand giving you special challenges. Master orders gives rewards based on the difficulty level. Tickets are used separately and can only be used once. Crazy orders costs gold or a ticket to enter. You get a set time limit to choose battles. Battles get harder as you go on. Finally face off against crazy hand. If you win, you keep all your rewards.
    - Master Core can take a new form called Master Fortress, which only appears on higher difficulty levels
    - Wiimote plus, nunchuk, gamepad, classic controller, classic controller pro, wii u pro controller, GameCUbe and 3DS are all control options. Customize buttons for all.
    - bring your custom 3DS fighter over to the Wii U version
    - more trophies than in the 3DS version, lots from console games. Final Smash trophies as well. Complete all-star mode to get a Final Smash trophy. New trophy boxes as well.
    - photo studio lets you set up shots of your trophies and display them as you want.
    - Trophy Rush is 2 player. There are 2,600 combinations.
    - Masterpieces mode lets you play snippets from various characters on the roster, some with pre-installed save data. Buy the full games in the eShop
    - amiibo figure players can level-up. Feed them extra equipment to help them level up. Fight against them or team up. Have amiibo fight each other as well. Amiibo fight tougher when visiting other players. They also bring presents from their battles.
    - Team Smash lets you do two-player online
    - allows you to host your own online tourneys
    - up to 64 players can fight in a tournament. Watch replays of each battle.
    - GamePad screen shows what's on TV, but also shows damage information.
    - Compose screenshots on the GamePad and then 'paint' it with various options
    - send photos online with a future update
    - allows for online voice chat with friends. This is on menus, not battles.
    - design stages with the GamePad. Share stages you've created online.
    - includes all the 'join the battles' movies
    - buy both versions of the game, register with club Nintendo and get special soundtrack CDs. 2-disc set.
    - MewTwo is being included as a bonus fighter for those that purchase both versions of the game as a free download, Due out Spring 2015.

Last edited by Gameguy1996 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

User Points : 126

Post by Frost-Knight Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:50 pm

I love how they brough back the Smash taunts again, I knew there would be a Kid Icarus and Star Fox one. The new game modes also look interesting, and I'm really looking forward to the release.

It was a good watch, and worth staying up until 1 AM for.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:04 pm

That was the best game-specific Direct EVER. Damn, I nearly died watching that. Razz XD

My favorite additions have to be the stage editor...seriously, you can just draw your own stages. That's really great. 8-player Smash looks really fun and chaotic, although I hope you can play with AI characters too. Smash Tour looks really fun, I'm surprised, when Amazon said there was a board game mode, I didn't expect it to be so interesting and cool. Mewtwo is of course great, I'm buying both versions so I guess I'll be getting him next year! SO many other great additions, but the Wii U version definitely is way better than the 3DS version;BY FAR! This was a really good Direct.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Ridley's fate has finally been sealed with this direct. :0

Though this was an amazing direct too! I loved how the announcer commentated this direct. xD Also the reveal of the 8 player Smash Bros. was just epic! The game does look absolutely gorgeous and with all that content - dang. o.o

Also I don't know about you guys, but I loved the small tidbits that are returning like the special character movies being played after clearing a character's Classic Mode trial or the additional modes like Stamina mode returning. Simply fantastic!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 am