The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

My Favorite Pokemons

Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

My Favorite Pokemons Empty My Favorite Pokemons

Post by Nessness Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:34 am

My Favorite Pokemons

I know, I know, I promised not to make a Talk until the end of my midterm, but I couldn't resist to make a short Talk. I won't make this Talk's Card (The ones on my signature) until my endterm is finished, though. I will cover half of the types today, and the other half later on.

Only final evolutions can make it in the list. Plus, both the primary and the secondary type can be counted. Thank you.

Day 1

1. Favorite Bug Type

My Favorite Pokemons Scizor
    My favorite Bug Type is Scizor. Though Scizor wasn't that great of use in Gen 2/3, I liked how it gained a lot of nice skills in Gen 4. Plus, it looks cooler than most of the bug types.

2. Favorite Fire Type

My Favorite Pokemons Typhlosion
    My favorite Fire Type is Typhlosion. It was pretty much the best Pokemon that could use eruption. Also, I really like the design of Typhlosion, being a nice fire-breather. Blaziken was close but I had to go with Typhlosion.

3. Favorite Electric Type

My Favorite Pokemons Ampharos
    My favorite is still Ampharos, who is still my favorite Pokemon out of all of them. It was really useful on the Johto Games, since it could super-effective many foes. Plus it both looks cool and cute. I really want to try out its Mega Evolution. Raichu was close, but Ampharos is still my favorite.

4. Favorite Water Type

My Favorite Pokemons Quagsire
    Quagsire is my favorite Water Type Pokemon. Though it might be slow, it has a great type matchup that it will only get damaged 4x by Grass Type Moves. I also like how it opens its mouth when it attacks, hehe.

5. Favorite Ground Type

My Favorite Pokemons Marowak
    Marowak is my favorite Ground Type Pokemon. Though it might not be that useful on battle, I still like its hold item Stick. It looks cool, and I like the backstory of Cubone overcoming the loss of its mother and becoming Marowak.

6. Favorite Flying Type
    7. Favorite Steel Type

My Favorite Pokemons Skarmory
    Skarmory is my favorite Flying/Steel Type Pokemon, that it won both two categories. I like how it both has a Flying Type and a Steel Type, that it could both be used as a 'Fly' Pokemon and a Pokemon who can resist most of the types. Plus it looks so nice that I even though Skarmory was a legendary Pokemon first.

8. Favorite Fairy Type

My Favorite Pokemons Wigglytuff
    Wigglytuff is my favorite Fairy Type Pokemon. Though it might not be that useful like Cleffable, I still like how it was improved a lot after gaining the Fairy Type with Normal. It could get 1.5x damage with Normal attacks, while it has the strength of a Fairy Type. And don't forget the awesome Guildmaster Wigglytuff.

9. Favorite Normal Type

My Favorite Pokemons Blissey
    Blissey is my favorite Normal Pokemon. I love Blissey's idea, it is pretty much a happy nurse who really likes to help other Pokemon. I also like how Blissey is really useful in battles, due to its high HP and nice normal skills. Furret comes close since I used him a lot for HMs, lol.

We will do the other 9 types later. Until then, goodbye.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

My Favorite Pokemons Empty Re: My Favorite Pokemons

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Those are some of my favorites too! I don't really know all of the Pokemon that well, but I do like the ones you posted here. Especially Wigglytuff and Ampharos.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:19 am

Day 2

10. Favorite Psychic Type

My Favorite Pokemons Wobbuffet
    Wobbuffet is my favorite Psychic Type Pokemon. I like how Wobbuffet is based on defending and countering other opponent's attacks. If it is used right, it could KO dangerous foes like Lugia. Also Wobbuffet in Team Rocket is funny and nice.

11. Favorite Dragon Type

My Favorite Pokemons 12074327311562940906milker_X_icon.svg.hi
    None of the Dragon Types really captivated me, sadly. Ampharos's Mega Evolution has a Dragon Type, but I am basing this on FINAL evolutions, not MEGA evolutions. So nobody wins this.

12. Favorite Fighting Type

My Favorite Pokemons Hitmontop
    Hitmontop is my favorite Fighting Type Pokemon. I like how Hitmontop is shaped like a spinning top. I also like that it is based after a sport in Brazil called Kapoera. I also like how its stats is pretty balanced. It is just too sad that it is pretty hard to get a Hitmontop.

13. Favorite Ghost Type
    14. Favorite Poison Type

My Favorite Pokemons Gengar
    Gengar is my favorite Ghost and Poison Type Pokemon. I really like Gengar's backstory that makes it able to devour one's mind and soul. Also it looks pretty cute. He is also useful in battles, with its nice Ghost Type skills.

15. Favorite Grass Type

My Favorite Pokemons Ludicolo
    Ludicolo is my favorite Grass Type Pokemon. It was very useful on the Hoenn games. If you used it right, it could defeat Pokemon like Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre easily. Also I like how it is a Pokemon that likes dancing.

16. Favorite Ice Type

My Favorite Pokemons Regice
    Regice is my favorite Ice Type Pokemon. First of all, it is one of the three Pokemons in the regi trio, which is my favorite set of Legendary Pokemon. (Their battle music is awesome, and I like how you get them.) Also, his cry sounds like "Hello", which is pretty nice to hear at least.

17. Favorite Dark Type

My Favorite Pokemons Umbreon
    Umbreon is my favorite Dark Type Pokemon. Umbreon's design looks perfect for a Dark Type, and Umbreon is probably my favorite Eeveelution out of the 8 possible candidates. It is also pretty strong- just try to beat Elite Four Karen's Umbreon!

18. Favorite Rock Type

My Favorite Pokemons 12074327311562940906milker_X_icon.svg.hi
    Rock Type Pokemons didn't really captivate me, sadly. So there will be no candidate for my favorite Rock Type Pokemon.

Tomorrow, we will end the talk with other special topics like 'Favorite Legendary' or 'Favorite Baby Pokemon'. You can also suggest a topic if you want to. Until then, goodbye.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:31 am

I like all of those Pokemon and Rock type is the worst so I don;t blame you for leaving it out. A topic I came up with 'Favorite 2nd stage Pokemon as a topic.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:17 am

^ That would be a good one.

What about favorite Mega Evolved Pokemon?
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:25 pm

Final Day

19. Favorite Unevolved Pokemon (Excluding the Babies)

My Favorite Pokemons Scyther
    Scyther is my favorite unevolved Pokemon, excluding the Babies. I like how evolving into Scizor didn't cause too much changes on stats, so you could still use Scyther in battles well. Plus it has some nice flying attacks which go well with Technician.

20. Favorite Middle Stage Pokemon

My Favorite Pokemons Vigoroth
    Vigoroth is my favorite middle stage Pokemon. I like how it overcomes its laziness and becomes a wild and fit Pokemon. I like Vigoroth that I really don't want to evolve it into Slaking. Why do I need a traunting Pokemon while I can live with a more fit one?

21. Favorite Baby Pokemon

My Favorite Pokemons Wynaut
    Wynaut is my favorite Baby Pokemon. I like how its name is based after "Why Not?" Plus, it learns some useful skills like Encore. And the best part is that Wynaut eventually evolves into Wobbuffet. Cleffa was close but Wynaut tops over.

22. Favorite Mega Evolved Pokemon

My Favorite Pokemons Kangaskhan-mega
    Mega Kangaskahn is my favorite Mega Evolved Pokemon. The idea of Kangaskahn's child growing up is pretty much fantastic. I heard that it is pretty good on battles too, so it can't be better.

23. Favorite Legendary

My Favorite Pokemons Registeel
    Registeel is my favorite Legendary Pokemon that is catchable in-game. Most of you would know how much I like the Legendary Golems. I prefer Registeel more than the other regis, since it looks cooler and I like the steel type more than ice/rock types.

24. Favorite Event Legendary

My Favorite Pokemons ShayminMy Favorite Pokemons Shaymin-sky
    Shaymin is my favorite Event Legendary Pokemon. I like how Shaymin could alter between Land and Sky Formes using a flower. Also both formes look great- I even have a Sky Forme Shaymin Figure in my house.

25. Favorite Pokemon Design

My Favorite Pokemons Furret
    I think Furret is the best designed Pokemon. Just look at his 3D Modeling. Isn't it just cute? I like the expression on its face, its body style, and how it waggles its tail. This cute thing should get powered up in the next generations, so that I could use him in battles instead of using him as an HM Pokemon. Dang it.

26. Favorite Starter Pokemon per Generation

My Favorite Pokemons CharmanderMy Favorite Pokemons CyndaquilMy Favorite Pokemons TorchicMy Favorite Pokemons ChimcharMy Favorite Pokemons TepigMy Favorite Pokemons Fennekin
    Yes, my favorite starters are all Fire Types. I think they have the best design out of the trio in all 6 generations. Plus Fire is my second favorite type, so yeah.

27. Roll Call!
    So, the talk is over. Now let's roll call all the Pokemon I chose and gather them here.

My Favorite Pokemons AmpharosMy Favorite Pokemons ScizorMy Favorite Pokemons TyphlosionMy Favorite Pokemons QuagsireMy Favorite Pokemons MarowakMy Favorite Pokemons SkarmoryMy Favorite Pokemons WigglytuffMy Favorite Pokemons BlisseyMy Favorite Pokemons WobbuffetMy Favorite Pokemons HitmontopMy Favorite Pokemons GengarMy Favorite Pokemons LudicoloMy Favorite Pokemons RegiceMy Favorite Pokemons UmbreonMy Favorite Pokemons ScytherMy Favorite Pokemons VigorothMy Favorite Pokemons WynautMy Favorite Pokemons Kangaskhan-megaMy Favorite Pokemons RegisteelMy Favorite Pokemons ShayminMy Favorite Pokemons Shaymin-skyMy Favorite Pokemons FurretMy Favorite Pokemons CharmanderMy Favorite Pokemons CyndaquilMy Favorite Pokemons TorchicMy Favorite Pokemons ChimcharMy Favorite Pokemons TepigMy Favorite Pokemons Fennekin

Well done you guys, you got through Ness and Lucas's judgement. And that's something rewarding since he is a really strict person. Or not.

Talk Over
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:19 pm

I also like the fire starters the most and I also think Vigoroth is better then Slaking since it does not recharge after every turn.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:13 am

Yeah, fire starters! *High five* I love the fire starters. Although I guess it would be nice to use other types as your starter sometimes. I love all of the Pokemon you chose!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:41 am