The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound)

Poll

Guess the 1st Place! (Nintendo Series)

[ 0 ]
    Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) I_vote_lcap0%Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) I_vote_lcap50%Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) I_vote_lcap50%Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) I_vote_lcap0%Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 2
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Empty Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound)

Post by Nessness Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Top 5 Game Series (Excluding Earthbound)

It's time for the big list. In this countdown, I am going to tell you my favorite Game Series. Also, I am going to split this into Nintendo and non-Nintendo games to introduce you guys more games. Plus Earthbound is not a candidate since it will automatically get the first place.

Countdown Results:

Last edited by Nessness on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:02 am; edited 4 times in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Empty Re: Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound)

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:04 pm

Yay, you're finally back with doing these! I'm going to expect Pokemon on there now, considering how much you've been playing it as of late.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Empty Re: Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound)

Post by Nessness Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Day 1 Former

We will countdown the Nintendo series the first three days. Then we'll move over to Non-Nintendo series starting from the forth game. Thank you.

Number #5

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) AnimalCrossing_wallpaper_800x600-A

#5: Animal Crossing

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) GI9qO6z
    Animal Crossing takes the fifth place spot. As you know, Animal Crossing is a series where you live in a small town where various animals live. The reason I like the Animal Crossing Series is that it is very fun to socialize with animals, thanks to the fact that they all have different designs, personalities, and catchphrases.

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) FRaMEbQ
    They sometimes say hilarious things, and the most amusing part is seeing the animals talk to each other. Unexpected situations can also make things funny, where the animals can receive random letters with random stuff like 'A! N! O! N! Y! M! O! U! S!', insult each other by not realizing each others' personalities, or even fall in love with each other.

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Tom-Nook-300x203
    There are also memorable characters like Tom Nook the bad real estate the thief, Sable who tells nice stories, and K. K. Slider who enjoys music a lot. But the best part is definitely the Wi-Fi, visiting other player's villages is very fun. It can also lead up to unlimited possibilities with the game. The only problem is that it can sometimes become boring after playing for two months or more, but Animal Crossing is still a nicely made game.

Favorite Game: New Leaf, though I never played it, I like the idea that you can be a mayor.

Favorite Character: Crazy Redd for disliking Tom Nook K. K. Slider, for being an music artist who doesn't want money. Take that, those money hungry companies.

Day 1 Latter consisting the fourth place will come up later this day. Thank you.

Last edited by Ness and Lucas on Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:11 am; edited 2 times in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Yay, you're finally back to doing these, for real this time. Razz XD

Animal Crossing doesn't have much to it, yet it keeps you going back for more. Definitely one of my favorite Nintendo franchises as well, and for games in general.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:06 am

Day 1 Latter

I think most of the talks are now going to be in this Former/Latter way. It's pretty much to avoid the consequences of the data wiping away.

Number #4

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) 813

#4: Pokemon Pinball

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Logo
    Pokémon Pinball series takes the fourth place spot. While I don't usually play normal Pinball games, I usually play the pinball spin-off games of the series which I like. And I think the Pokémon Pinball series are both the best Pinball games, and the best spin-offs of the Pokémon series. (Even better than Mystery Dungeon, really.) Some of you might be confused why I like the Pokémon Pinball games so much. Well, let me tell you why.

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Pokemon-Pinball-RS-Screenshot-1
    The gameplay of Pinball and the Pokémon series blend in so well. While doing several missions in other Pinball games might get boring, it isn't so in Pokémon Pinball. While you would have to do the same steps in order to catch a Pokémon, getting to see the different Pokémon and catching them all didn't make the gameplay boring at all. It also helps that there are special stages where you can encounter Pokémon and defeat them in special ways. While you won't really get to raise the Pokémon you caught, you are still the trainer of the Pokémon, so I still wanted to catch 'em all, really.

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Ruby_FieldTop 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Sapphire_Field
    Also I like all the extra details on the Pinball boards. I really like how various Pokémon act as features of the Pinball board. And their features really represented their characteristics well. For example, a Chikorita would use Razor Leaf to make other Pokémon come up. And Pikachu would use his Thunderbolt to save the ball from falling. Combine these nice features with good pinball gameplay, and you get a real nice game. While it could get repetitive sometimes, it was still fun for me, really.

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Latest?cb=20120809013711&path-prefix=en
    This is a very controversial opinion, but Pokémon Pinball was so good that I even prefer it to the main series Pokémon games. (Yes, the main series is NOT in the list.) Some of you might not get this at all, but I think there are some flaws in the main series. I really don't like how the random encounters often too much (I know, there are repels, but some other games even have spells that could evade encounters completely) and there are some tedious grinding sometimes. Sometimes, I didn't want to play the main series due to those reasons. But I never thought there was a big flaw on Pokémon Pinball. So there you go, the Pinball games are in fourth place. I still like the main series though, but it was not enough to get into the list.

Favorite Game: It's no contest. Pokémon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire gets this. While the original was good, it can't beat the new game with better gameplay and graphics.

Favorite Pinball Board: The Ruby Board from Pinball Ruby & Sapphire. I usually do the best in that board.

We will continue tomorrow with the third and second places. Until then, goodbye.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:57 am

What? Well that was a surprise, to say the least. XD I really wouldn't expect Pokemon Pinball to be in your top 5 favorite game franchises. Personally, I'm not a huge pinball fan, and Pokemon Pinball looks like a pretty average pinball game to me. I used to own the Ruby/Sapphire version of it, but I don't really remember it because it's been so long since I played it.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:16 pm

I guess Zelda and Sonic are next.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Day 2 Former

Three spaces are left for the Nintendo Series. Which series will get the remaining spaces? Let's find out.

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) 957478-wariowarelogo

#3: Warioware

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) 52508_front
    While the last entry was quite controversial, I think most of you will agree that the Warioware series is great. The main thing to do in the series is to complete several microgames where you have to do something in a limited time. And playing a lot of microgames can make you spend a quite of time playing Warioware if you are not careful..

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Wii_WarioWareSmoothMoves_11_mediaplayer_large
    It's all thanks to the fact that all the microgames are fun and simple to play. Also, the microgames increase in speed as you complete them, and they even get harder, so it can be pretty challenging to get a high score. But challenges like this is very nice. Plus, the series tries to take the advantage of its console/handheld very well, like using the Touch Screen, Wii Remote, or even twisting the handheld itself. Those motion controls work very well, so you won't even have trouble playing this game, really.

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Wwimpg_characters_1024
    Also, there are various characters with different personalities which helps. There's Mona the hyperactive girl who always changes job, Jimmy the dancing guy, 9-Volt the Nintendo Fan, Orbulon the Smart Alien, Kat and Ana the Ninja Girls, Ashley the horror girl, and much more. Their backstories which appear ingame can be extremely funny, and it adds more detail to the already fun game. For giving me fun with its nice microgames and controls, Warioware Series get the third place spot.

Favorite Game: Warioware Twisted, twisting the GBA was a very nice idea.

Favorite Character: Mona, I found her scenarios to be the most amusing.

Favorite Microgame: https://thenforumsite.forumotion.com/t2352-top-5-warioware-boss-microgames

The latter part will be posted later this day.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:47 am

Day 2 Latter

Only two spaces remain. Which series are honorable enough to get these spots? We will reveal the second place today. (Remember, no Earthbound.)

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Rhythm-heaven-01_9050

#2: Rhythm Heaven/Paradise

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Ddr_supernova_08
    Controversial Opinion Alert
    To be frank, I don't really like Rhythm Games. I think most of the Rhythm Games unleashes step combos which is extremely hard to do for most people. What's the point of a Rhythm Game if it can't make you feel the rhythm, only making you do a lot of confusing steps in a row? While Rhythm Games would be fun for people who are good at them, I don't think most of the casual gamers, including me, would really enjoy those Rhythm games.

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Rhythmguys
    But Rhythm Heaven is different. What I like about the Rhythm Heavens series is that it's a rhythm game which can appeal to every casual gamers. The controls are extremely simple on the Rhythm Heaven games. Instead of having confusing steps, all you need to do is to press and release buttons to the music's beat. (Tap/Flicking the Touch Screen in the DS Version) Some of you might think the series itself would be pretty boring, since the controls are very simple. Well, nope. Let me tell you how fun the Rhythm Heaven series is.

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) 300px-Rhythm_Tengoku_GBA_-_Karate_Man_2
    The game itself is seperated into variety of minigames. All of them use the same controls as I said above, but they are all unique. One involves you singing in a choir where you have to tap the screen in rhythm to stop singing. Another involves you tapping the buttons in a beat to punch the stuff someone is throwing at you. And one involes you slashing up ninjas by pressing buttons to the beat. The uniqueness of these minigames definitely makes the series a lot more fun to play.

Top 5 Favorite Game Series (Excluding Earthbound) Cast_End_Marshal
    Also, the series has a great replay value. There are all sorts of unlockable Rhythm Toys and Endless Games, which you would enjoy. Also, you can attempt to perfect each minigame without messing up once. While it looks hard, getting used to the Rhythm will definitely help you do it. Rhythm Heaven Series gets the second place for being a casual Rhythm Game which everybody will get to enjoy.

Favorite Game: Rhythm Heaven Fever for the Wii.

Favorite Minigame: Night Walk in the original GBA game and the Wii version.

Favorite Character: The Choir Boys which I uploaded in the upper picture.

The first place will be revealed tomorrow. Feel free to guess it. Until then, goodbye.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:50 am

This is quite an interesting list, Rhythm Heaven and WarioWare are certainly not franchises I would expect to be in anyone's top 5. (not that they're bad series, I also enjoy playing them) But I'm going to guess #1 for Nintendo series is either Zelda or Kirby.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:24 am

I will just tell the later results now for the cancelled talk.
    Nintendo #1: Kirby
    Non #5 Final Fantasy
    #4 Mega Man
    #3 Sonic the Hedgehog
    #2 Streets of Rage
    #1 Ace Attorney
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:04 pm

Definitely like your non-Nintendo list. Although I don't think I'd have any of the Nintendo franchises you put on your list on mine. Razz I guess you're not going to explain why you liked those series so much then?
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:10 pm

@Zero
    Maybe I could do it for the first Bit Talk.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm