The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Day 14 - Discuss Your Favourite Game from 2014

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Day 14 - Discuss Your Favourite Game from 2014 Empty Day 14 - Discuss Your Favourite Game from 2014

Post by Luma Party Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:53 am

5 Userpoints for each of the following:
    1. Name Your Favourite Game that released in 2014
    2. Post it's box art from your region
    3. Describe it in 5 sentences
    4. In 5 sentences, describe what a sequel or the next game in the series could be like
    5. Post in it's topic

Deadline: Sunday December 21, 2014 8 AM EST
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Day 14 - Discuss Your Favourite Game from 2014 Empty Re: Day 14 - Discuss Your Favourite Game from 2014

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:39 pm

Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Day 14 - Discuss Your Favourite Game from 2014 KTD_Box_art

Kirby Triple Deluxe is the next chapter in Kirby's quest. The story has Kirby gong through different worlds to save King Dedede and he also has to get his house back. There's always a ton of new powers for Kirby such as Bell Kirby, Circus Kirby and a few others. Some levels have also added parts where Kirby goes into the background like the levels seen in Donkey Kong Country Returns. If your looking for a good platform on the 3DS you should pick this game up.

My ideas for a sequel are. Bring back Meta Knight and Waddle Dee as playable characters. For the game to have at least 8 worlds and 2 new powers. For there to be an easy, normal and hard option. An option to use all the characters and powers in Kirby Fighters. Lastly the game needs to be on the Wii U so that the system can have a regular Kirby game.

https://thenforumsite.forumotion.com/t1417p42-kirby-triple-deluxe#59627
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Day 14 - Discuss Your Favourite Game from 2014 Empty Re: Day 14 - Discuss Your Favourite Game from 2014

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:09 pm

Damn, Kirby: Triple Deluxe was mine too. I'll just go with one of my other favorites, as I had no particular order after Kirby:

1. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

2. Technically none, but Day 14 - Discuss Your Favourite Game from 2014 Shantae_3_cover

3. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is the continuation of the Shantae trilogy, where Shantae no longer has her genie powers after they were taken away by Risky Boots. In Pirate's Curse, Shantae must team up with Risky in order to defeat the Pirate Master and save Scuttle Town from the curse being put upon it by him. Pirate's Curse is more of a Metroidvania style game than the first two games, where Shantae can find Risky's pirate gear in order to help her traverse the islands. Some of these include Risky's Pirate Hat which allows her to glide across a gap or move upward in wind, as well as a scimitar which lets her hop across spikes and defeat enemies below her, among others. Another great part of Pirate's Curse is being able to talk to characters, as they have humorous dialogue and are affected by whatever goes on in Scuttle Town as the game progresses, which is a cool touch.

4. I don't really have ideas for a sequel that actually changes the mechanics of Pirate's Curse. However, I would like to have the ability to play as some characters other than Shantae, including Risky, Sky, Bolo, and Rottytops. I would also want her genie powers to be brought back, where she can transform into the monkey, as well as new animals. There should also be a quick change feature that allows you to quickly cycle through different animals with L and R (or ZL/ZR) without having to go through the dance. Other than that, I'd just like to see some more unique gameplay mechanics and well-designed dungeons like in Pirate's Curse.

5. I'll post in here in a second, I was going to do that anyway. Razz
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:09 pm

I have a favorite that's a non Nintendo title so I hope that my entry is acceptable. ^^;

1. South Park: Stick of Truth. Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows. (I own the PS3 version.)

2. Day 14 - Discuss Your Favourite Game from 2014 SouthParkTheStickOfTruth

3. The player controls the New Kid as he explores the fictional Colorado town of South Park. The player can freely move around the town although some areas remain inaccessible until specific points in the story are reached. Notable characters from the series—including Cartman, Butters, Stan, and Kyle—join the New Kid's party and accompany him on his quests; only one character can be active at any time. The game features a fast travel system, allowing the player to call on the character Timmy to quickly transport them to any other visited fast travel station. At the beginning of the game, the player selects one of four character archetypes; the Fighter, Thief and Mage (which represent standard fantasy types), and the Jew. The Jew class specializes in "Jew-jitsu" and long-range attacks. Each class has specific abilities; armor and weapons are not limited by class, allowing a Mage to focus on melee attacks like a Fighter.

4. I can imagine a sequel being nothing like the first game at all. With the way that Trey Parker & Matt Stone are with the series; I imagine that a sequel would be completely different from how the first game played & would have a completely different plot to go along with it. So my best guess is that the next South Park game would thus be 'Berries of Power'. The plot would be that Kyle would be the child that was born in order to save the world from the evil Cartman. Thus it'd be a mockery of the Legend of Zelda franchise is what I'd envision it as.. Though knowing the creators of South Park almost anything is possible really. XD

5. (I had to create a new topic for my favorite game. XD) https://thenforumsite.forumotion.com/t2681-south-park-stick-of-truth-ps3-xbox-360-pc#59642
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:17 am

I have a quite few favorites this year I have a hard time deciding, I'll go with one of them. Smash Bros probably would be it if I played it but I haven't yet.

1. Shovel Knight

Day 14 - Discuss Your Favourite Game from 2014 Shovel_knight_cover

3. A platform indie game developed by Yacht Club Games designed to resemble old games like the NES. It stars the Cerulean Knight with the same name as the game as he travels through the world. Shovel Knight and Shield Knight were adventurers who fought alongside each other until the two come across a dark amulet inside the Tower of Fate. They fall to the Dark Magic of the Amulet, Shield Knight vanishes, and Shovel Knight must find her after the Enchantress and the Order of No Quarter rise up to power. Shovel Knight can use various relics and abilities on his quest while conquering some really fun and challenging levels during his quest. The Order of No Quarter are like the Robot Masters from Mega Man except you are doing the stages in an order of either two or three Knight levels each until the end.

4. My ideas for a sequel could be having Shovel Knight gain new unique abilities and having more playable characters. The game could feature more boss Knights, old and new maybe something like Jester Knight. Shovel Knight should team up with somebody so he can perform some special tag team to make huge distances and special attacks with a partner. Some new techniques and powers for the Shovel Blade like a drill to dig through the ground to create tunnels, maybe a snow shovel power to blow snow all over the place. I'm not sure about a story but I'm sure they could come up with an interesting one like the first, oh yeah maybe Shovel Knight should be able to glide with the Shovel Blade as well.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:05 am

Results -
    Christmas Queen - 25 Userpoints
    Winters Thief Zero - 25 Userpoints
    SnowGuy1996 - 25 Userpoints
    SirYoshiFrozenFairy - 25 Userpoints

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:14 am