The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition + Puzzle and Dragons Z

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition + Puzzle and Dragons Z Empty Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition + Puzzle and Dragons Z

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:56 am

Nintendo has just revealed a new game for the 3DS! (I believe it is coming to original models as well) Puzzle and Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition is exactly what it sounds like...Puzzle and Dragons, but with Mario. Razz It's coming worldwide, here's the Japanese trailer though:

Hm...Depending on the price, it might be something I get, but it looks kind of uninspired. Maybe it's just because it's early footage though.

Last edited by Winters Thief Zero on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition + Puzzle and Dragons Z Empty Re: Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition + Puzzle and Dragons Z

Post by Luma Party Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:25 pm

It seems like a basic puzzle game, but if it's cheap, why not.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition + Puzzle and Dragons Z Empty Re: Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition + Puzzle and Dragons Z

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:23 pm

I guess this could turn out big for Nintendo since the mobile Puzzle game did great. I just don't like how the Mario version is based on New Super Mario Bros since the other Mario games coming this year also pull things from those games. I also think they will say that the game is coming out outside of Japan in the next Direct.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Meh... It looks cute & all but I'm not really into these kinds of puzzle games.. So I'll most likely pass on this one. xp But unless it was free (or given to me as a gift) I'd probably never get this game for myself otherwise. *shurgs*
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:16 pm

Here's a new trailer, the game will come in a pack with Puzzles and Dragons Z and the game will release this May.

I just wanted the Mario version though if the pack is only $40 I guess it's a good deal.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:20 pm

I guess that's cool, but I likely won't get the game at all, it looks kind of uninspired as I said previously. Still, it's nice that they're bundling both games together for the western release.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:43 pm

Eh, maybe if there's a sale on the game in the eshop I might get it just to have something to fart around with. But yea; I'm not impressed with this game's showing either; it looks unpolished & lazy impo.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:59 pm

Actually, it's now less appealing.
    I'd get it for Mario, but wouldn't play the other one. XD

Last edited by Luma Party on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:32 pm

^ Yeah, because the Mario edition looks so much different from the regular game. At least you're not in Japan though, where it's the same price for each game. Razz
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:03 pm

PAX East Video:
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:31 pm

While the game looks enjoyable, I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay $40 for it. I'm sure it has a fair amount of content, and it is 2 games in one, but I still think it should be a bit less.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:08 am

Puzzle and Dragons Z + Puzzle and Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition releases May 22nd in NA, for $29.99. (so slightly cheaper than expected) There will also be a demo released on the eShop in early May. Source.

That's a good release date, although hopefully it's slightly after or before Splatoon releases so it isn't overshadowed. There's a lot going on in May for Nintendo. ^^
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:05 pm

I feel better about the price now and I guess the demo will help me make sure that I want the game on day 1.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:26 pm

I'm still undecided on this game. Maybe if there's a buy one get one free event; then I'll get it as my free title. Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 am