The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Gameguy1996
TheFrozenFairy
6 posters

3DS is getting more new games than Wii U?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

3DS is getting more new games than Wii U? Empty 3DS is getting more new games than Wii U?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:07 pm

So, I've been predicting for quite some time now that Wii U would have pretty much monthly releases during 2015. Well, it seems like that's definitely not the case now. However, what's worse, is that the 3DS is actually getting more games than Wii U! Now I love my 3DS, but why is there STILL a lack of Wii U releases when 3DS is getting a ton? Off the top of my head, I can think of these big upcoming games:

Nintendo 3DS
    Pokemon Shuffle (February 5th)
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (February 13th)
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (February 13th)
    Codename S.T.E.A.M. (March 13th)
    Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (April)
    Puzzle and Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition (May)
    Fire Emblem If (TBA)
    Style Savvy 3 (TBA)
    Rhythm Heaven (TBA)
    Bravely Second (TBA)
    Theatrhythm Dragon Quest (TBA)
    Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (TBA)

Probably more too.

Wii U
    Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (February 20th)
    Mario Party 10 (March 20th)
    Splatoon (May)
    Xenoblade Chronicles X (TBA)
    Mario Maker (TBA)
    Yoshi's Woolly World (TBA)
    Devil's Third (TBA)
    Star Fox (TBA)
    The Legend of Zelda (TBA)

Not to mention that the 3DS lineup is more exciting, AND has more games. It's insane...
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

3DS is getting more new games than Wii U? Empty Re: 3DS is getting more new games than Wii U?

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:08 pm

As much as I love the 3DS, I honestly think they should show some more love for the Wii U as well. I seriously want themes for my Wii U as well I don't care if I have to pay for themes if I could spice the Wii U menu up with something. Yeah they're giving the 3DS more games but I think developers are more interested in the 3DS. I'd love more games for the Wii U but at least they've got some big titles like Zelda and Star Fox coming. Maybe they're saving the big titles for the Wii U when E3 comes around like Paper Mario and Metroid. They should fix the lack of games and at least get it up to around the 3DS' selection. 

Maybe The Year of Wii U? Razz

Last edited by SirYoshiFrozenFairy on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

3DS is getting more new games than Wii U? Empty Re: 3DS is getting more new games than Wii U?

Post by Luma Party Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Mario Vs. DK is cross-platform.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:21 pm

I like the Wii U lineup more since the only game Indont care for is Delvil's Third. Miyamato also said more Wii U games are in the works.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:47 pm

^ Yeah, I mean, I'll likely end up getting most of the Wii U games releasing this year, but I still think the 3DS has a stronger lineup. The Wii U has a bit more variety, but 3DS has games that look higher quality honestly.

@SirYoshi
    Yeah, I think third-party devs don't mind developing for 3DS, in fact, they love it. Same can't be said on Wii U, Devil's Third is the ONLY third-party game releasing on Wii U this year, and even then it's being co-developed and published by Nintendo anyway.

@Luma
    True, the 3DS still has more though. And nobody really cares about Mario Vs. Donkey Kong anyway. XD
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

Post by Polar Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:51 pm

I'm guessing it's because the 3DS has more users so they'll be able to make more money. 

Overall, I say that the Wii U line-up is pretty solid, you have Zelda, Star Fox, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Mario Maker. All games people have been waiting for.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:49 pm

^ Not to mention Splatoon, of course. (I just know it'll end up being my game of the year...) I agree it's a great lineup, I'm not saying it's bad, it just pails in comparison to the 3DS this year, which is unfortunate as it's been on the market for over 2 years, and 3DS over 4, yet it's still the one getting way more games.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:56 am

Splatoon hasn't been a game people have been waiting for for years...

Either way, I can say, none of those 3DS games interest me, except maybe the Puzzles & Dragons game.

Last edited by Luma Party on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:22 am; edited 2 times in total
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:15 pm

I can see it because the 3DS is most likely easier to program games for. I imagine that the Wii U takes more time & more devs to program to since usually the majority of the games releasing for the Wii U is in HD. None of the 3DS titles are being developed in 1080p (or whatever) so of course it's going to take less time to develop & launch games for the 3DS compared to the Wii U is my thought on it.

I'm fine with less Wii U games releasing tbh that way when a game releases I want I can save up to get it when ever it releases.. All the while still investing in the Skylanders that I want. xp
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:02 pm

^ That's of course true, and it could be that even if Nintendo are focusing more on Wii U than 3DS, that it's taking longer to develop most of their Wii U games, and they're just trying to give 3DS a few more games in the mean time since they're quicker to develop. (just so they can have more games releasing in general)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Winters Thief Zero wrote:^ That's of course true, and it could be that even if Nintendo are focusing more on Wii U than 3DS, that it's taking longer to develop most of their Wii U games, and they're just trying to give 3DS a few more games in the mean time since they're quicker to develop. (just so they can have more games releasing in general.)
    Exactly.

Personally I'm happy to not have that many Wii U games releasing all at once. I need time to save up for the games releasing is the way I see it. ;3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:38 am