The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Marowak
Polar
Luma Party
7 posters

Club Nintendo to be Discontinued

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Club Nintendo to be Discontinued Empty Club Nintendo to be Discontinued

Post by Luma Party Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:54 am

Club Nintendo wrote:Dear Club Nintendo Members,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Nintendo.

We launched Club Nintendo 6 years ago in North America, and we’re grateful for all of the feedback that our members have provided on your experiences with our products.

In order to focus on planning for a new customer loyalty program for our fans, we’ve decided to wind-down the Club Nintendo program. We are deeply thankful to our members for being a part of Club Nintendo for all of these years.

We will share details about our new program at a later date. For now, please see the schedule below for information on the discontinuation timeframe for Club Nintendo.

All Coins will be deleted when Club Nintendo accounts are closed on July 1, 2015. As a result, to give our members the best opportunity to use their Coins, we will add dozens of downloadable games and a limited quantity of exclusive reward items to the rewards catalog in February. In addition, as a small token of appreciation for your loyalty, all Club Nintendo members will receive a free download code for Flipnote Studio 3D in February 2015. Please visit here for information on the software and how to get the download code.

Club Nintendo program discontinuation schedule

1/20/2015 - Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo 3/31/2015 - Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership
    6/30/2015 - Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.

Your Account and Coin Balance

The information in your Club Nintendo account will not be transferred to the new loyalty program. We are adding multiple items to our reward catalog, so please be sure to redeem your Coins before the deadline on June 30, 2015. Unused Coins will be deleted as of July 1, 2015.

2015 Elite Status

In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

And I've got over 900 coins!
    I really wonder why they need time replace it, they could just update it.
    I hope what ever comes in February is good, I need to use my coins.
    It'll seem weird without Club Nintendo though...
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

Club Nintendo to be Discontinued Empty Re: Club Nintendo to be Discontinued

Post by Polar Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:10 am

I wonder what they're replacing it with? 

I still need to spend my stars, Club Nintendo Australia has nothing interesting to get.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:11 pm

I wonder how big the final selection of goodies will be, they say that they're adding dozens, so hopefully it's not just the same ones they always rehash.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:04 pm

I was disapppointed at first, but if they'll be adding dozens of downloadable games, free Flipnote Studio 3D download, and more exclusive rewards in February, eh, it's fine by me. I have 1100 coins, so I needed something to spend them on anyway. Can't wait for next month then!

I do wonder what they're replacing it with. It seems odd they'd discontinue it, but we kind of knew it was coming, it was discontinued in Japan already.

EDIT: Hey guys, do you think this new rewards system they'll be implementing after Club Nintendo could have anything to do with this?

Iwata 2014 wrote:If we succeed in the redefinition of video game platforms that I speak of today, our account-based connections with consumers will become very clear. For example, until now it has been taken for granted that software is offered to users at the same price regardless of how many titles they purchase in a year, be it one, five or even ten titles. Based on our account system, if we can offer flexible price points to consumers who meet certain conditions, we can create a situation where these consumers can enjoy our software at cheaper price points when they purchase more. Here, we do not need to limit the condition to the number of software titles they purchase. Inviting friends to start playing a particular software title is also an example of a possible condition. If we can achieve such a sales mechanism, we can expect to increase the number of players per title, and the players will play our games with more friends. This can help maintain the high usage ratio of a platform. When one platform maintains a high active use ratio, the software titles which run on it have a higher potential to be noticed by many, which leads to more people playing with more titles. When we see our overall consumers, they generally play two or three titles per year. We aim to establish a new sales mechanism that will be beneficial to both consumers and software creators by encouraging our consumers to play more titles and increasing a platform’s active use ratio without largely increasing our consumers’ expenditures.
    Nintendo aims to work on this brand-new sales mechanism in the medium term, but we would like to start experimenting with Wii U at an early stage.

So maybe by registering more games to the new program, you'll be able to get discounted games instead of earning coins to get free bonus rewards? If so, I think I'll actually like the new system a lot. I never have the money to keep buying games, but with this I'll be able to get them at cheaper prices. Of course, it could be something completely different too.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Ha! I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. I'm kind of glad I never joined Club Nintendo to begin with. I figured that it was too good to last & it looks like I was right.
    bayonetta
    bayonetta
    Waddle Dee
    Waddle Dee

User Points : 49

Post by bayonetta Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 pm

Winters Thief Zero wrote:EDIT: Hey guys, do you think this new rewards system they'll be implementing after Club Nintendo could have anything to do with this?

Iwata 2014 wrote:If we succeed in the redefinition of video game platforms that I speak of today, our account-based connections with consumers will become very clear. For example, until now it has been taken for granted that software is offered to users at the same price regardless of how many titles they purchase in a year, be it one, five or even ten titles. Based on our account system, if we can offer flexible price points to consumers who meet certain conditions, we can create a situation where these consumers can enjoy our software at cheaper price points when they purchase more. Here, we do not need to limit the condition to the number of software titles they purchase. Inviting friends to start playing a particular software title is also an example of a possible condition. If we can achieve such a sales mechanism, we can expect to increase the number of players per title, and the players will play our games with more friends. This can help maintain the high usage ratio of a platform. When one platform maintains a high active use ratio, the software titles which run on it have a higher potential to be noticed by many, which leads to more people playing with more titles. When we see our overall consumers, they generally play two or three titles per year. We aim to establish a new sales mechanism that will be beneficial to both consumers and software creators by encouraging our consumers to play more titles and increasing a platform’s active use ratio without largely increasing our consumers’ expenditures.
    Nintendo aims to work on this brand-new sales mechanism in the medium term, but we would like to start experimenting with Wii U at an early stage.

So maybe by registering more games to the new program, you'll be able to get discounted games instead of earning coins to get free bonus rewards? If so, I think I'll actually like the new system a lot. I never have the money to keep buying games, but with this I'll be able to get them at cheaper prices. Of course, it could be something completely different too.
    I hope this is a reality. I think this would have been the way to go to begin with thus people who invest in Nintendo games & consoles would get a cheaper price for games they're wanting or planning to get anyway. But in the end; isn't it just a basic rewards/loyalty program if they go that route? Still ti'd be nice; cause paying $40 to $60 up front for a new game each time is getting a bit ridiculous after a while.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:28 pm

^ While it would be pretty basic like you said, I think it would be a great service in the end. Loyal customers (such as pretty much everyone on this forum XD) would have be able to get cheaper games after buying a certain amount of them or something like that. Especially for those who would be buying the games anyway regardless of price, it just means they get discounts they wouldn't have gotten otherwise, and I think that's great for the consumer.

Of course Iwata could've just been talking nonsense a year ago, but I think it could tie into this new program starting after Club Nintendo is discontinued.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:38 pm

I feel like Nintendo will bring back Deluxe Digtial Promation and just make all there rewards downloadable games on the Club Nintendo follow up.

I guess I'm going to have tons of coins after I use my unentered game codes so I hope there's something better then Dr. Luigi this time.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:05 pm

^ Well they did say dozens of games, so as long as it's not just all the ones they keep on using over and over again like Cubone said, it should be fine. Plus there's still the physical rewards that are also coming along with the dozens of games. I think there will be a lot to get, I just hope that doesn't make the choice too difficult.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 pm