The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Would you like more Wii U colors?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Would you like more Wii U colors? Empty Would you like more Wii U colors?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:17 pm

So, Nintendo really likes to put out lots of colors and designs for their handhelds. There's over 10 colors for the 3DS XL, there has to be like 50 3DS XL special edition designs, and there's already over 100 faceplates for the New 3DS in Japan. (which of course NA won't get >:l) They also used to release different colors for their home consoles, but kind of stopped after the GameCube. Wii only came in white and black, Wii U is now only available in black, and there was only one special edition for Wind Waker HD. Would you like to see more colors/limited edition designs for Wii U?

Personally, I'd like to see it happen, as it would give consumers more choice. Plus, those special edition 3DS's sell like crazy. (that Majora's Mask New 3DS XL sold out in 13 minutes EVERYWHERE Razz)
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Would you like more Wii U colors? Empty Re: Would you like more Wii U colors?

Post by Luma Party Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:25 pm

The Wii also a Limited Edition Red for Mario's 25th Anniversary.

Either way, it wouldn't make a differece to me.
    The Wii U looks fine black, not a fan of white though.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:00 pm

I'd like to get a purple Wii U; cause purple is my favorite color. :p
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:57 pm

Sure why not? I'd like to see them have more colors. Specials edition systems are cool. I already have the Wind Waker HD one so I guess it wouldn't bother me much if they don't make other Zelda ones because I don't think it's necessary to have more than one Wii U. Great for future buyers of Wii U. I can see a Mario or Zelda Wii U one coming up.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:08 pm

There was also the gold and light blue Wii systems

I don't think there will be many more new system options though since some of the biggest games never came with a differnt Wii U.color.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:16 pm

^ Yeah, well I did read at one point that Nintendo had been planning to release 5 or 6 colors for the original Wii soon after launch, but because it was selling like crazy they had to simply stock as many of the white ones as they could to keep up with the demand. Obviously the same isn't happening with Wii U though, so it's strange we're not seeing more colors...

@SirYoshi
    Maybe, but you know what game would be perfect for a Wii U special edition? Splatoon! It could be multi-colored and splattered with ink, which would be an interesting design. (although, maybe it wouldn't look as good as I imagine Razz)
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:25 pm

SnowGuy1996 wrote:There was also the gold and light blue Wii systems

I don't think there will be many more new system options though since some of the biggest games never came with a differnt Wii U.color.

Gold and light blue Wii systems? Wow I've never heard of those. I only knew of the Red Mario one so I guess they're probably exclusive to Japan or other region.

Winters Thief Zero wrote:^ Yeah, well I did read at one point that Nintendo had been planning to release 5 or 6 colors for the original Wii soon after launch, but because it was selling like crazy they had to simply stock as many of the white ones as they could to keep up with the demand. Obviously the same isn't happening with Wii U though, so it's strange we're not seeing more colors...

@SirYoshi
    Maybe, but you know what game would be perfect for a Wii U special edition? Splatoon! It could be multi-colored and splattered with ink, which would be an interesting design. (although, maybe it wouldn't look as good as I imagine Razz)

Interesting. Sounds like a super cool Wii U design. Bundle that with the game and that could get some potential buyer's attention, the splattered ink would be a sweet eye catcher especially if it has red and blue in it. Hopefully they use your idea around Splatoon's release.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:23 am