The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
TheFrozenFairy
ZombieFish
Bossblitz88
bayonetta
Nintenex
Bowser498
The Shattered Legacy
Nozomi
KingLavos
Soupy
King Atem
Luma Party
16 posters

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 6 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Luma Party Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:23 pm

It's not a rumour, they actually patented it.
    We knew that a few days ago.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 6 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:11 pm

^ She's talking about the controller shown in the patent, not the patent itself. Of course the patent isn't a rumor, it's a patent lol. (at least I'm pretty sure that's what she's talking about)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:56 am

Winters Thief Zero wrote:^ She's talking about the controller shown in the patent, not the patent itself. Of course the patent isn't a rumor, it's a patent lol. (at least I'm pretty sure that's what she's talking about)
    Yep. What you said. ;3
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:50 am

Okay, but how can it be a rumour if it's patented?
    I'm just confused really.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:19 am

^ ...Luma, the controller itself isn't what's being patented. It's just an image demonstrating the scrollable shoulder buttons. The rumor is that that's what the NX's controller will be, which may or may not end up being the case. (and it's very unlikely imo)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:39 pm

Yea, I mean I know the patent isn't a rumor, like Zero said the picture shown is what the rumor patent could end up being.

I still think the NX is going to be more like a phone/tablet myself. I know I'm probably wrong thou. But one day it'll happen through some company somewhere. :p
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:19 pm

Dev kits have officially been sent out to developers for NX.

TOKYO— Nintendo Co. has begun distributing a software development kit for its new NX videogame platform, people familiar with the matter said, suggesting the company is on track to introduce the product as early as next year.

The kit is used by third-party software developers to modify existing games for the platform or create new ones. Videogame console makers such as Nintendo like to have popular game titles ready when they start selling new devices.

Nintendo’s current flagship products are the Wii U, a console typically used in the living room, and the portable 3DS device. Both have been out for several years, leading analysts to predict that the Kyoto-based entertainment powerhouse will move fairly swiftly to bring out the NX.

“We are increasingly of the idea that Nintendo might launch the NX in 2016 because of the softness of 3DS and Wii U,” said David Gibson, an analyst at Macquarie Capital Securities.

A Nintendo spokeswoman said the company plans to disclose details of NX next year.

Square Enix Co. said in July that it planned to make the latest version of its blockbuster role-playing game Dragon Quest for the NX. That version, called Dragon Quest XI, is also planned for the 3DS and Sony Corp.’s PlayStation 4.

The exact shape of the NX hardware isn’t yet clear. People familiar with the development plans said Nintendo would likely include both a console and at least one mobile unit that could either be used in conjunction with the console or taken on the road for separate use. They also said Nintendo would aim to put industry-leading chips in the NX devices, after criticism that the Wii U’s capabilities didn’t match those of competitors.

Nintendo’s former president, Satoru Iwata, said in March that NX “is a platform dedicated for videogames.” Mr. Iwata died in July, and his post was assumed in September by Tatsumi Kimishima, a former banker who served as one of Mr. Iwata’s top lieutenants at Nintendo.

Mr. Kimishima is expected to carry forward the strategy of Mr. Iwata, a legendary figure for many videogame fans. In the months before his death, Mr. Iwata laid out plans to put Nintendo characters in games for mobile devices under a partnership with DeNA Co. and made a deal with amusement park operator Universal Parks & Resorts, which is part of Comcast Corp.

“Nintendo is no longer just a traditional videogame company,” said industry veteran Hirokazu Hamamura, a director at Kadokawa Dwango Corp., which publishes magazines about videogames.

So basically, NX confirmed for release next year. Ugh. I mean, I'm not surprised, but I was really hoping they'd support the Wii U for longer. This is incredibly disappointing. :/
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:00 pm

This is quite disappointing.
    Despite the huge amount of great games I got to play, it hasn't even been 3 years since the Wii U released...
    It won't be 4 by then.
    The consumer will lose trust, and, the NX will have to live much longer than its competitors, since it will release earlier...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:31 pm

The writing has been on the wall for a while. I still don't think it's a console and handheld in one though based on what Iwata said in the past and don't know why so many people thing that it will be reveled before E3.
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !

User Points : 358

Post by Bossblitz88 Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:11 pm

Ugh. At least there's still plenty of titles for the Wii U for me to get. I'm hoping they release this as middle ground system, since in the the first picture, it had both Wii U and NX which might hint at letting the NX exist beside the Wii U . Nintendo giving up on the Wii U is very pretty disheartening, I saw many families just deciding to purchase the Wii U. Nintendo couldn't market the Wii U well enough(even with it's amazing content) and now they have to release the NX early which could possibly decrease NX sales and consumer loyalty. I don't see the hype.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:07 pm

According to a report from Digitimes, NX will go into mass production in Q2 2016, with an expected shipment of 10-12 million units that year. (although Nintendo is hoping for 20 million) Source

If they really expect to ship 20 million units there has to be some insanely unique or cool feature that would really get people buying it from the get go. I can't really see that happening for a new console in it's first year, when it'll likely only be available less than half the year...it's impossible.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:37 pm

I still really hope it doesn't release next year...
    I still haven't gotten nearly close to the amount of Wii U games I wanted...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:36 pm

There is no way it sells that while in just 2 months unless it's cheep and does something new. Nintendo did release a good number of games in the last 3 years with a few more coming in 2016. On the other hand if Nintendo does not release Zelda on the Wii U quite a few loyal fans will stop buying Nintendo things and why would they waste money on the NX after the drought of games during the Wii U era?
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:09 pm

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 6 Nintendo_free_form_patent1

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 6 Nintendo_free_form_patent2

New patents show a handheld with free form display.

Source

I don't have much to say other than that character in the drawing needs to be added to Smash. XD
    Looks interesting, but I still doubt the final product will look remotely similar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 am