The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

[FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon Empty [FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon

Post by Luma Party Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:17 pm

An image has been circulating around the Internet, with no confirmed source where it came from.
    [FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon CGqDAwRVAAE3sP7

I still think that makes no sense.
    F.L.U.D.D. and a Mario costume I'd like, but not Mario himself.
    I mean he can't become a squid, and would be spammed online.

Last edited by Luma Party on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
    DerpyTheToad
    DerpyTheToad
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Directly.
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 280
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Galaxy 2

[FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon Empty Re: [FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon

Post by DerpyTheToad Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:39 pm

Yeah, it does sound off.
    But still, it this is true, that least they didn't forget about Sunshine.
    (And I kinda saw this coming because of how some people say some stuff in Splatoon was based off of Super Mario Sunshine.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

[FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon Empty Re: [FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:01 pm

I don't see it happening since the team said they did not recall Mario Sunshine in the Iwata asks. Also if Mario was just there for the image how why would someone go through the trouble of making a new artwork of him. Lastly this is not on the image.

[FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon Splatoon-boxart-jp
    DerpyTheToad
    DerpyTheToad
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Directly.
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 280
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Galaxy 2

Post by DerpyTheToad Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Gameguy1996 wrote:I don't see it happening since the team said they did not recall Mario Sunshine in the Iwata asks. Also if Mario was just there for the image how why would someone go through the trouble of making a new artwork of him. Lastly this is not on the image.

[FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon Splatoon-boxart-jp

Yeah, I realized the Japanese text isn't on the bottom of the logo on the leak.
    Eh, If the leak is real, it's real. If it's not real, it's not real.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:11 pm

Because all these kiddies are putting paint everywhere, Mario has to once again utilize his F.L.U.U.D. abilities! 

When I first came into this topic...I thought a SMS2 had just been announced... THAT would have been AMAZING.

I've never played Splatoon, so I dunno where all the hype for it is coming from. :/
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:06 pm

^ Yeah, Splatoon is really the kind of game you have to play for awhile in order to understand the hype. It feels really unique and is a lot of fun to play. It's almost like Mario Kart but with a shooter instead, not really like other shooters, but still being part of the genre.

Also, not only is the other Japanese text not in the logo, but it's also using the old logo for Splatoon from when it was first revealed. (the 2D one) It's obviously fake...the artwork looks good though.

Honestly, even if this were real, I wouldn't be too excited. I'd LOVE for a Super Mario Sunshine themed stage to be available, but Mario himself being in the game...ugh no thanks. It wouldn't make sense and would kind of ruin the game's mechanics.

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:15 am

Check out the awesome render they made for the "leak"!

[FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon NYNnR1I
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:33 am

Interestingly, a "leaker" from a website that I won't be naming has been showing off "concept art" and "screenshots" of Super Mario Sunshine content in Splatoon.

Gameluster wrote: The first picture depicts an Inkling fighting Petey Piranha, but the important part is that the Inkling is wearing the Hero Mode gear; the leaker claims there will be a new Hero Mode world with a Petey Piranha boss fight. The second picture shows Mario in a Blooper form, which could possibly be an alternate Squid form used if the player has any Mario gear equipped.

The leaker has added more pictures, including a screenshot of one of the shirts that will be added in the update. They claim there will be a new game mode added after Rainmaker titled “Clean Up Crew,” where one player goes around with FLUDD and cleans up.

[FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon 21m5e2b

[FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon Blooper

[FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon Fludd

[FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon Mario4

[FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon Mario3

[FAKE] Super Mario Sunshine content being added to Splatoon Mario2

EDIT: Apparently it's been confirmed fake, since the leaker said it would be shown in the Digital Event, and it wasn't...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:09 am

It looked pretty fake anyway, but I'll commend him for doing so much work. I still don't see Mario DLC coming...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:05 pm

I will give them credit for making a detailed leak. I think Mario DLC will be based off the latest Mario games though and I can see some gear being added at some point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:42 pm