The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
queenzelda
Gameguy1996
King Atem
Polar
Luma Party
9 posters

Metroid Prime : Federation Force

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

metroid - Metroid Prime : Federation Force - Page 2 Empty Re: Metroid Prime : Federation Force

Post by queenzelda Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:30 pm

I flat out still refuse to get this title. Being a hard core Metorid fan either it's Samus or no dice. That's my stand. :p
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

metroid - Metroid Prime : Federation Force - Page 2 Empty Re: Metroid Prime : Federation Force

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Metroid Prime: Federation Force has been delayed, but not by too long, as it will be releasing August 19th in North America and September 2nd in Europe!

This doesn't surprise me given that we didn't even have a release date up until this point, it was just slated for spring. That time slot makes more sense for a game like this anyway, and I'll have Kirby and Star Fox for the wait.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:43 pm

It makes sense that the game is pushed back. Since I'm sure no other Nintendo games are planned for release in August.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:50 am

Feh, this 'game' needs to be pushed back indefinitely impo. -_-;
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun May 29, 2016 10:26 pm

So when do you guys expect to get more info on Federation Force, being that it's releasing in a couple months?

I'm guessing we'll be getting a Nintendo Direct soon, potentially even before E3, and we'll get a new trailer with info, just because we still don't know all that much about it. I'm actually still pretty interested in it so I do want to know more.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun May 29, 2016 11:46 pm

I doubt there going to show much more since it seems to be a drop in the bucket at this point. With that said I can see there being a small trailer in the next Direct in June or July.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue May 31, 2016 5:40 pm

Well, since this thing was pushed back from releasing in 'spring of 2016' my best guess as to when it will release would be sometime in either late summer or early fall. Nyan Cat
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue May 31, 2016 10:14 pm

^ Oh it's already confirmed for release in August/September, I'm just wondering when we might actually be getting details on the game. We've gotten some info but we still don't really know much about it other than the basic idea behind the game, an extra mode, and that Samus appears.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:23 pm

Here is the overview trailer and details on amiibo support.

It's kind of cool how the mech can look like Samus in a way and it seems like there will be quite a few different mech options.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:29 am

Game is looking really fun, I can't wait to play this! This is legitimately one of my most wanted games currently, I still can't believe people are so against this game's existence. It looks so much fun. Just because it's not a traditional single player Metroid or Metroid Prime game doesn't make it any worse...if anything I'll probably enjoy it more just because it's multiplayer. (although I do quite love the other games as well)

Also here's the boxart:

metroid - Metroid Prime : Federation Force - Page 2 Face
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:59 pm

I think that the reason a lot of people aren't wanting to give MP:FF a 'chance' is because Samus isn't a main character in the game. A lot of fans of the Metorid series have played a Metorid game as Samus & to play using some other nobody character's kind of puts a bit of a sour feeling in a lot of fans mouth's.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:21 pm

^ I understand that, but being that this is a spin-off game I don't see why not playing as the main character throughout the series should be a turn-off. I understand if this type of game isn't appealing to some of the fans of Metroid, but to call it a terrible game altogether just because it's not the game they wanted from the series (when it's being developed by a different team entirely to the ones that have made Metroid games in the past) I feel is pretty harsh when it looks pretty fun.

But I don't know that's just me. I do love Metroid but it's not my favorite game franchise and I assume bigger fans of it are probably just upset it's not the next core Metroid title. But it does look fun nonetheless.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:39 pm

What I think you fail to understand is that hardcore Metroid fans always want a main series Metroid game when one is released by Nintendo. To get one that isn't is probably an insult to their face. XD

After reading this; Metroid Prime; Federation Force is fun & all, but it's no Metorid, I'm still not sure. Yea, the game seems like it's fun but as it said; it's not Metorid. Honestly I just don't know at this juncture, tbh my mind might change about not getting this game cause I don't want to be one of the Metorid hardcore gamers who hate on it for stupid reasons.

Though.. Personally I feel that unless I can play the game without having to rely on other players to help me during a mission; I'm just not interested.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:13 pm

A big thing too for people is that it's been six years since the last Metroid game, and that wasn't the best to a lot of them, then they come out with one and it's a spinoff. I know plenty that just don't care about the federation at all, or wouldn't mind if there was still some game coming out that wasn't a spinoff like the starfox route, but that would be more complicated to do with these games. So it makes sense why people are upset, there's reason, but if people like this one coming out then good on them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:32 am