The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Nessness
Marowak
Luma Party
queenzelda
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
10 posters

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

luigi - Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:22 pm

Reusing the same boxart they've been using since Bowser's Inside Story. Face Palm!

Why is it that all Nintendo games the second half of the year seem to be rushed, incomplete, and reusing assets and art? It's starting to bother me...next year's games should be fine but they really seem to be rushing everything out for the holidays and none of what's releasing looks too great.

But I digress. Hopefully we get a new trailer soon.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:28 pm

We need a Direct...
    The E3 demo may have pre-dated E3 by quite a bit Zero.
    They've had 4 months since then, not a long time, but a demo is a demo.
    Hopefully it can release here before March...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:09 pm

Famitsu hasshared some new info.

It's nice to see that Toadette and Bowser Jr. play a role and I'm still hoping for sections in the Paper Mario world at times.
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 358

Post by Bossblitz88 Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:17 pm

That's what I was thinking. The world map we see seems too small. I wonder if they somehow go into the book, it'll appear different since Luigi seemed to spill most of it's contents. Thanks Luigi.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:36 pm

Paper Jam releases in Australia and New Zealand December 10th!

Wow I'm really surprised it's coming so early to regions outside of Japan, it might see a January or February release in Europe/NA. But I'm also still worried about it's quality considering how it looked at E3 and the fact it's only 6 months later.

EDIT: It releases December 4th in Europe! Wow!
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:58 pm

The early release date still makes me worry a little. It didn't look good in the E3 Digital Event trailer but there is a little improvement here. I love the Mario and Luigi series and the Paper Mario series but they just don't seem to mix all that well. It also has a ton of elements from my least favorite games in both series (Dream Team and Sticker Star). I'm still willing to try it but I think I'll have low expectations. I don't know why I wasn't excited for another Mario and Luigi, I love that series. I enjoyed Paper Mario so much as well but Sticker Star was so extremely disappointing and the exact opposite of what makes Mario RPGs enjoyable in my opinion. Sorry I sound so negative.

The Box art also looks awful, it was good for Inside Story but the 3 of the games have very similar ones now.

Toadette in the game though? That's just fabulous! I'm glad she's playing some kind of role in the game, that makes me happy.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Toadette and Bowser Jr.?
    Great!
    AlphaDream is picking up on the popular characters from past Paper Mario games.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:11 pm

SirFrozenFairy wrote:The early release date still makes me worry a little. It didn't look good in the E3 Digital Event trailer but there is a little improvement here. I love the Mario and Luigi series and the Paper Mario series but they just don't seem to mix all that well. It also has a ton of elements from my least favorite games in both series (Dream Team and Sticker Star). I'm still willing to try it but I think I'll have low expectations. I don't know why I wasn't excited for another Mario and Luigi, I love that series. I enjoyed Paper Mario so much as well but Sticker Star was so extremely disappointing and the exact opposite of what makes Mario RPGs enjoyable in my opinion. Sorry I sound so negative.

The Box art also looks awful, it was good for Inside Story but the 3 of the games have very similar ones now.

Toadette in the game though? That's just fabulous! I'm glad she's playing some kind of role in the game, that makes me happy.
    I 100% agree with everything in this post.

It just looks bland and not as enjoyable as the other Mario and Luigi titles, and I feel that's mostly due to the Paper Mario elements. It's an interesting idea, but it really doesn't seem to mix well AT ALL, and I'm not sure why they decided to keep going through with the idea considering. :/ It honestly seems like they're focusing way more on the Paper Mario elements than the Mario and Luigi ones, and those are really boring from the looks of it. I like how they're trying something new but it really isn't working out. (at least from what I can tell)

And they're obviously being VERY lazy, look at that boxart, same one they've been using for 3 games now. >_>
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by Bossblitz88 Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:33 pm

^ I see what you're saying. This game really isn't charming as the other installments. Oh, look doubles of everyone! I'm not too mad about the box art, it makes it seem more like a series, however since this is a crossover, something that would pop out would be more fitting.
    Bowser498
    Bowser498
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Custom Title : Bowser498: Super Mario (Modern) Video Game Expert/Pro
    Internet Browser : Internet Explorer

User Points : 36
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Maker and Splatoon!

Post by Bowser498 Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:34 pm

Generally, idk how this is going to turn out, but it may be bad. As of now, the game looks a bit boring. And what worries me is that we get this game only 4 months after announce date, and I believe RPGs should have a lot more time put into them. :/
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by Bossblitz88 Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:41 pm

^Yeah. When they said 2016, I expected lots of care and work put into it. December feels a bit soon.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:25 pm

Really though, it's one thing if they'd been working on it for quite some time and just happened to announce it when it was near completion, but when it looked that early 4 months ago and is apparently almost complete (if not already complete) then we have a problem.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:56 am

Remember this though, not all games get announced right at the start of development.
    This has probably been in development since late last year, or early this year.
    Still not a lot of time, but it's not as little as you think.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:05 pm

^ That's what I'm saying Luma. It could've been possible they were working on it for awhile longer, but they weren't, that E3 footage and demo were both WAY too early for it to have possibly been in development for more than 1 or 2 months. (if that, all the assets were reused too)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am