The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Luma Party
Marowak
Nessness
Polar
queenzelda
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
11 posters

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival  - Page 3 Empty Re: Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:54 pm

The game is coming out on November 13th! Isabelle and Digby will only be sold with the game. K.K. Slider, Reese and Cyrus will also only be sold in a 3 pack.

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival  - Page 3 Animal-crossing-3-pack

PR email wrote:Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival launches Nov. 13 at a suggested retail price of $59.99. The game will be sold only as a bundle that also includes two Animal Crossing amiibo figures (Isabelle and Digby) and three amiibo cards. A 3-pack containing amiibo figures of Animal Crossing characters K.K. Slider, Reese and Cyrus can also be purchased on Nov. 13 at a suggested retail price of $34.99. Outside of the game bundle and 3-pack, amiibo figures based on Tom Nook, Mable and Lottie can be purchased separately at a suggested retail price of $12.99 each.

I have to give Nintendo some credit. They know people just wanted Isabelle and K.K. the most so they make you buy the retail game, Digby, Reese and Cyrus. I feel like they also did this since many people only want the Smash amiibo for the most part as while.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival  - Page 3 Empty Re: Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival

Post by Yoshiman222 Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:10 pm

The game is literally worth nothing without the amiibo anyhow so giving that option for that price is at least something. I mean, on the eShop they already said it's going to be worth $0.

Would have been better to have seen an official Animal Crossing WiiU instead of the Spin-Off but for those who like the amiibo at least they get a free game out of it, I guess.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:14 am

The way I see it, I'll still get the game.
    My sister can have Digby and Isabelle, I want K.K. Slider and Tom Nook, she also wants Reese and Mable, too bad Cyrus comes in the 3-pack and Mable doesn't.
    I'm going to have to unload more cash. XD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:44 pm

Uh...no. I'm not paying $60 for this, or any money for that matter. I was under the impression it was free to download, and only needed an Amiibo to be activated. (which I'd gladly purchase, I really want some of those Amiibo)
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by Yoshiman222 Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:20 pm

Winters Thief Zero wrote:Uh...no. I'm not paying $60 for this, or any money for that matter. I was under the impression it was free to download, and only needed an Amiibo to be activated. (which I'd gladly purchase, I really want some of those Amiibo)
    Umm... but that IS how it's like.

If you get it digitally, it's free regardless, but it comes with no amiibo.
    In store, it comes with 2 exclusive amiibo and 3 amiibo cards, which will enable you to play the game in the first place.
    They're not going to be selling the game by itself because that would be stupid if it's locked behind the amiibo.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:26 pm

^ But that just doesn't make any sense if the MSRP is $59.99. You're in Canada, correct? Here the Amiibo figure prices are $13, and 3 Amiibo cards would be worth another $3. So if the game itself is free, the retail version should be only $30, or at least only $40 if you're also paying for packaging and the disc. Otherwise it's a HUGE rip-off.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by Yoshiman222 Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:29 pm

Winters Thief Zero wrote:^ But that just doesn't make any sense if the MSRP is $59.99. You're in Canada, correct? Here the Amiibo figure prices are $13, and 3 Amiibo cards would be worth another $3. So if the game itself is free, the retail version should be only $30, or at least only $40 if you're also paying for packaging and the disc. Otherwise it's a HUGE rip-off.
    ...maybe the cards are worth $13 there themselves. Razz
    Also in Canada the price gets jacked up to $70 so of course it different.
    Also maybe those two amiibo are worth more than a regular amiibo? Razz
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:31 pm

^ Amiibo cards are worth $1 each, a pack of 6 is $6 here. (according to the announcement yesterday) And I highly doubt the Amiibo are worth more than the others, they look exactly the same. Just saying, I don't see how it'd be free on the eShop considering all that.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:20 pm

Guess who's developing Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival?
    Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival  - Page 3 1920px-Nd_Cube_Logo.svg
    Nd Cube.
    Source
    So, this could be good, or bad.
    Wii Party U and Mario Party 9 were great games, Mario Party 10 was not...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:31 pm

So in other words it's probably not very good. I mean I didn't expect it to be, but that just makes it even worse, Nd Cube really isn't a very good development team. (although I do wonder why they keep doing party games when they could always try something else)

I figured it was the main Animal Crossing team since it has the New Leaf director, I guess not. Well at least that frees up some time for them to be making an actual main series Animal Crossing!
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:32 am

I told you guys it was Ndcube since they reused the amiibo party idea and made a few edits. The issue is that there strong point was mini-games and there is none in this game and I would not trust a Party game team to work on a main series game of anything really.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:36 am

Then I guess, when they're done, they'll be doing the rumoured Momotaro Dentetsu game then?

Surprised to here they're working on it still.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:29 am

Gameguy1996 wrote:I would not trust a Party game team to work on a main series game of anything really.
    Oh no I meant that the main Animal Crossing team is likely working on the next main series Animal Crossing title, if they were working on this, they may have been too busy with 2 games and Splatoon updates.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:48 pm

Here's a new trailer and the game is coming out on November 21st in Japan.

I'm not so sure about this game anymore since you need the cards to unlock other things in the game as while sadly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 pm