The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Rosalina
MarioBros
Lady Pikachu
Nessness
queenzelda
TheFrozenFairy
Gameguy1996
Winters Thief Zero
12 posters

TNFS Direct: June 29th, 2015!

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

TNFS Direct: June 29th, 2015! Empty TNFS Direct: June 29th, 2015!

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:24 pm

TNFS Direct: June 29th, 2015! Bfkl06

Hello, and welcome to the newest edition of TNFS Direct! This is a very special TNFS Direct, as a certain special event is coming up. :3

Spoiler:

That's right, the TNFS third anniversary is tomorrow! (or by the time you're likely reading this, today) I created TNFS back on June 30th, 2012, and at the time, never would've expected it to become such a great, welcoming, and fun community! We've changed quite a bit over the years, but we're still the same great community. So congrats to TNFS for 3 great years, here's to the next 3!

Every year for our anniversary, we have a special dedicated board to celebrate. In this board, feel free to post about your favorite TNFS memories, best parts of the year, etc. However, the main reason we have a board is because we also have tons of fun events to celebrate! I'm going to detail those events here so you know what's coming up! (Even if you don't want to look over every event, stick to the end, we do have other announcements :3)

First up, we have the Award Show! Luma Party will be hosting this. Now he'd been asking me constantly for the longest time about doing it, so I finally decided to let him. XD We have an Awards sub-board of the Anniversary board, with threads already made where you can vote for users. There are 13 different awards which you can vote for other users in. They can include best frequent poster, best artwork, and more. We've already nominated members for each award, as we wanted to try to include every active member for at least one award! (we may have missed a few however, I'm sorry if you weren't nominated for anything)

The awards are open to vote for now, and the voting will stop July 5th. Please cast your vote by then! The winners will be announced on July 6th!

Next up we have another show, the Quiz Show, hosted by Gameguy! Here you will be given some trivia questions relating to TNFS, and you can try to guess the answers through PM. Whoever gets the most right wins! (and there might just be a special prize, but you'll have to wait to see the official thread when Gameguy posts it :3)

The other event will be a big one, the TNFS World Championships! Similar to the Nintendo World Championships (inspired by the relaunch of them this year) you will play through (mostly) Nintendo games and try to get high scores, etc. to win the competition! These will run from July 1st to July 8th (possibly a bit later but we'll see) Now you'll basically just be posting screenshots or some kind of proof that you played. And I also understand that, obviously, not everyone owns every game. So we'll be letting you choose from a wide selection to play in certain categories. :3 But to give one certain game a tease just because I love it so much...I guess it's time to tell you all that...well, it's hard to say this but...I'm a squid now. :p

That's not all for playing games however, we'll also be hosting a Pokemon ORAS tournament at some point near the anniversary. This hasn't really been planned much however, so I don't have much to say yet. I don't even know if it'll be a tournament...but we'll be playing Pokemon at some point regardless.

That's not all however! We do have a few other announcements unrelated to anniversary events! First of all, our banner will soon be replaced. This is quite possibly the shortest run of any banner we've had, but it was definitely a nice one. (thanks Queen!) The reason it's being replaced is because I had some nice ideas for a new one (or should I say...ones...) We're still working on figuring it out though, so it won't be up for at least another few days. Just expect a replacement! We do like to change things around a bit every once in awhile, so it should be a nice addition.

Speaking of appearance, we'll also be replacing the Splatoon decorations! They've been up for a month now, I don't know why I never took them off. Razz But they will now be removed in favor of some anniversary celebration decorations! These should be added tomorrow!

Also, Cubone has whipped up a nice batch of new badges recently, if you'd like to buy one, they're still available in the store! He did a nice job, it'd be a waste to have nobody buying any! It's 50 user points for a common badge, and 200 for a special one. Happy badge-buying! Razz

Now that was quite a bit, but I did ask the staff to say something for the Direct. Unfortunately only two of them actually did, but it's still something lol.

Gameguy1996 wrote:Thanks for 3 great years everyone!
    Luma Party wrote:Hello everyone. First of all, I must say, thank you, all of you, for a wonderful 3 years at The Nintendo Forum Site. This current staff has been together for more than 2 years, and we all are so happy to see the progress that TNFS has made. Happy 3rd Anniversary!

Thank you Luma and Gameguy!

Now that I'm finally finished typing up all those announcements...that's about it! Thanks for reading! I'll see you next time on TNFS Direct! Happy Anniversary TNFS!

Last edited by Winters Thief Zero on Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

TNFS Direct: June 29th, 2015! Empty Re: TNFS Direct: June 29th, 2015!

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:01 pm

It's hard to believe 3 years have past now and info on the Quiz show will go up soon.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:02 pm

Sweet. Everything sounds interesting. I'm a little surprised the banner is getting replaced so soon and I just realized the Splatoon decorations are still there. Happy Anniversary TNFS!
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:42 pm

Cool! Good to know the Anniversary celebration is soon going to be underway. I certainly enjoyed the last celebration; though for some of it I wasn't able to participate. XD :3
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:57 am

You'd better not procrastinate uploading the award results, Zero, muhahaha

Anyways, I can't believe that the forum is already three years old. The quiz show and the awards definitely look interesting, I can't wait for them.
    Lady Pikachu
    Lady Pikachu
    Koopa Troopa
    Koopa Troopa

Custom Title : Pika fan. Chu!

User Points : 51
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon & Super Mario 3D World

Post by Lady Pikachu Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:47 am

Cool! Sounds like a lot of fun, happy anniversary tnfs!! ^w^
    MarioBros
    MarioBros
    Goomba
    Goomba

User Points : 12

Post by MarioBros Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:57 am

Happy 3 year anniversary tnfs! Looking forwards to 3 more!

Good to see so much is planned & will be going on too. Awesome!
    Rosalina
    Rosalina
    Deku
    Deku

Custom Title : Person

User Points : 21

Post by Rosalina Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:42 pm

Damn this is only forumotion forum that I joined and still alive for more than 3 years. Gotta give kudos to the members, support, and care that makes TNFS still alive.

Happy a great 3 year anniversary TNFS and I hope you continue it in the future!
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:11 pm

To add one thing, I think the award votings are really going well. The only thing I want to suggest (if there are going to be awards next year too) is that you should make members vote for all awards, not just for the awards they want. (The Lounge and Shoutbox only got 4 while Best Elite, News and Active Member got 9 Votes)
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:33 pm

^ Thanks for the suggestion!

@Nonon
    Right? I would never have expected us to stay so strong for 3 whole years. This is really a great achievement. (but of course we'll still be around for quite some time longer!)
    DerpyTheToad
    DerpyTheToad
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Directly.

User Points : 280
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Galaxy 2

Post by DerpyTheToad Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:42 pm

Happy Anniversary TNFS! I'm hyped for the TNFS World Championships the most to be honest. Razz
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:37 am

I remember the first anniversary...
    I can't believe TNFS has made it 3 years, and 3 great years!
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Happy 3 years TNFS! Here's to 3 more & beyond! Very Happy
    Etna
    Etna
    Waddle Dee
    Waddle Dee

Custom Title : Wild Cat
    Internet Browser : Opera

User Points : 87

Post by Etna Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:44 pm

Happy 3rd year anniversary tnfs! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:44 pm