The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough

Poll

Trivia Question! Which Zelda game first had individual music for all dungeons?

[ 1 ]
    Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 I_vote_lcap67%Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [67%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough

Post by Nessness Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:59 am

Polls Polls Polls

Who is your favorite animal friend in this game?
    Dimitri (Dinosaur) [ 1 ]
    Moosh (Bear) [ 1 ]
    Ricky (Kangaroo) [ 1 ]

All three of them are not cute. [ 0 ]

A three way tie, that's not a common sight. Anyways, please vote on the new poll too.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 Y8VgiS9Wc7P-a2v_6YXfMuMqZf3bJXaTOaJJkw_QDFU=w160-h144-no
    Oh, the destroyed Symmetry City.... who did this to you?

Day 7: A Link to the Present

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 PeFPpnvFla4Dx05RWHymia9242LDrqa8CBGuAywjOxI=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 5T0B-FbRlgYBieksbarHcgQibf5WKhTW2K_5r_cTU1E=w160-h144-no
    We go to the past to find out what happened, and it seems that the reason why this island went crazy is that the Tuni Nut, the symbol of the village, was broken into two pieces. Now Link has to take it to a guy called Patch to fix this and fix the village. Wow, what a butterfly affect...

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 XVqvAbXk8_iQSaZsVSiBoIs-2WcsroPWNqHxoAOG1Rg=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 WB760MgM6B3ZzHpvNZgM2F-NdPfZ2laSySWhphlRyz4=w160-h144-no
    Oh, it's you again. You know, this guy reminds of Blue and Silver in Pokemon games. Although, this time, Ralph gives some helpful advice. And that's true because that old 'hermit' will teach you a song which is needed for this chapter! It is the Currents Tune.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 CNAd9O6HzdH3149MEuT4jhnZf8fTLC6OsuGSKZnHVYo=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 YIbONMT6LyyD9yT0qvMDeYf9NpeOybPrnfpNpUjPwQY=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 2PFkP07xw-m6qcutvL_n651e2230lHHr1N_rXL7V_Kk=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 Q9fGtOghL8F9OaeJcaYhvhi5Xe7vi4-6sSbLJTAuxdw=w160-h144-no
    You can use the Song of Currents to directly warp from Past to Present in any place. Of course, this song has no effect when you use it in Present. It still creates a portal in the present which makes you go back to past, though. It is kinda like the Magic Mirror in A Link to the Past. You know, this game is more like 'A Link to the Past' than the game with the same name... never mind.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 Acm3n6aIxDm1lZVDLY5NXcCYysLN39XJKePiva80ilw=w160-h144-no
    You will encounter this fairy when you are browsing around for Patch. Definitely choose Gold, he gives you 10000 tons of Gold Bar though only Rupees are useful on Labryanna. Or choose silver, he gives you a silver medal that you will only get second on everything in your real life. Choosing 'a regular one' will make you get a game over.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 D9VSw74zLjUtSigK-dYeUpXxy_t_cVgV4EsZWU60meY=w160-h144-no
    Just kidding. Definitely choose the last option, it will increase your bomb inventory to 30 Bombs. If you choose the other options, the Fairy will drop some bombs on you, or might even steal all of your bombs.

It feels so great that I could just get a bomb inventory in this simple way, I hated it when you had to play stupid minigames like Whip Race on Spirit Tracks just to get an upgrade. I know, I love that game, but its minigames were a nightmare!

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 N3N2CrgYUjSt3EicWun6M5WUUmmhWAU8keY-vC96L-c=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 IRIMF1vOZOXxP_JSee5FDSNbwlRcAWCBfd2u-LDuyh8=w160-h144-no
    We reach Patch, and we now have to do a Restoration Ceremony to fix the Tuni Nut. What you have to do is to push four of these helmet things into the pit to finish the ceremony. However, Patch was stupid enough to put a minecart next to the Tuni Nut. When a mine cart appears, use that button to change the minecart's tracks so that it won't crash the Tuni Nut. Patch, you are plain sadistic, why put a damn mine cart?

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 MAgZri-dAKt00rFLSp-S9_4JxlifFV9Z2tpaX2yc2Mc=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 _4HYQ5zfC6ewbcemDjQosmMOy4FsMD6ONij35RtKIHA=w160-h144-no
    And so, we save the Symmetry Village! In the past, the volcano stops. In the present, the city is restored to its original form! You know, what we did today kinda reminded me of Sonic CD, which is a game where you have to go to the past to change the bad future into the good future.

We would have ended this episode now in most cases, but nope! Today's episode is going to be a Double Day episode, so let's go on with Day 8 right away! But before that, we will have an ad break.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 Cant-Handle-The-Science-Reaction-Gif

Thank you! Now let's proceed.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 _4HYQ5zfC6ewbcemDjQosmMOy4FsMD6ONij35RtKIHA=w160-h144-no
    Happy, happy Symmetry Village... But what lies inside this cave?

Day 8: Switch the Place! Switch, everybody!

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 5euVUZz4z-RZEyxKYUMt8y7KQKBhUAgWYYfWdMdgkPE=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 GaZwL0FourOJqSmZkJb-ynRpYQuX0AvuXCC9Ze8v2nc=w160-h144-no
    It's time for Level 4, Skull Dungeon. This Dungeon's main gimmick is Lava, which takes away half a heart and sends you back to the beginning of the room when you land on it. Sure, avoiding it in the earlier parts is a piece of cake, but later parts combine the lava with various puzzles, making it more difficult.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 _ZeRGyLZUgDXGg6G1ulgZJVy-jQdbb5usOfVjeoX9Mk=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 MXfQWmQ-99pm62jdnmPIxff7XhH_9R2jWLB6vcgZUbo=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 348jZkpJinOcC5gldEh_9Okt2lyELlKC-IZpTL9Y-h4=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 4YVDJLkyT17yjiNyg18IqM22tOkoLKt1r-SAPqOQbTg=w160-h144-no
    A deja vu, huh? There are many puzzles which return from Wing Dungeon (color tiles, mine carts) and Moonlit Grotto (seed shooting segments). Of course, they have been made more complex, and as I said before, most of them got combined by the lava gimmicks. By the way, the music of this dungeon is definitely worth hearing, listen it here.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 QkUUZcHtdOxmlU6ZtTJvXC2Yf0QgQSa_VA3-jexeCoU=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 INGZ-Unz_80mIYrW7RjACnZZ_0_v_yKWFSVs1caRTNE=w160-h144-no
    The miniboss/two horn shield guy was also fun to fight with. Its main attack is the sword which will be thrown at Link's direction. Link then have to lure the sword, so that it would pass the two horn shield guy while the sword is heading towards Link, like in the second picture.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 GNt8l8BgKTc1DjmFmZTD5TBtot2814S1qVLehq93ji4=w160-h144-no
    After a few hits, his shield will break up, and that guy will get so angry that he will go wild. Few sword slashes will teach him his lesson.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 YTLPz6qVnblUV3w49hm1ik6rPVgnpY6PgCWwHH-AWtQ=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 HPQ9RyTqy09HnF6FdEZwxbubJbxnWMu7hBKe938boI8=w160-h144-no
    This puzzle room was also pretty fun to solve, what you have to do is to turn all the tiles into red by stepping on all of the tiles in the room. The catch is that you have to go in a straight path to make the tiles turn red, much like in the left picture. Anyways, after we solve this puzzle, we get the Switch Hook!

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 Uru0NbIrxtbATGXGjVI3Uv06clIXAjA3ikqPx4-dDq0=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 LW_fIiKy01CBGRe6tCB8epOXYpsyw612Do0iYFngZN0=w160-h144-no
    Switch Hook is also a pretty cool item, it will swap Link's location with the object's (which was hooked by the hook) location. It is pretty much an interesting twist of the original games' hookshot.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 KHtxDYTTH3eNn9SCGm_hfquJo-WdZtZkyIm_Wix4KXY=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 XUaEjpvqMpFYX-IzrsZP-f0zSnqxvc7KxDB_MiB-YK0=w160-h144-no
    Moonlit Grotto's boss was a Dark Boo (Dark Matter + Boo). This one is just a dark matter wannabe which is somehow allergic to swapping places. I mean... what? Just swap places with him with the Switch Hook, and he will become vulnerable. Slash him as usual, and poof, he's gone. While he was fun to beat, I kinda liked Dark Boo and the Head Thwomp a bit more. This guy was just too easy.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 KbnpVBkpO9fdBpLHQRAJM1U6mhbf4d-jqDktpuGSR54=w160-h144-no
    Anyways, we get the Burning Flame, the fourth essence of time! I overall really liked this dungeon. If only the boss was a little bit harder, I would have liked it more, but oh well.

To be continued..
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:13 pm

While at least you got quite a few items and sometimes it's nice that the boss is easy sometimes.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:16 am