The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
queenzelda
Luma Party
Gameguy1996
Rosalina
DerpyTheToad
Winters Thief Zero
10 posters

Iwata Passes Away

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Iwata Passes Away - Page 2 Empty Re: Iwata Passes Away

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:58 am

@Queen
    You put that in a really great way, I like that.

I woke up continuing to think of Iwata. He really has changed the lives of many and in many different ways. Hopefully his legacy lives on in future products like NX or QOL.
    DerpyTheToad
    DerpyTheToad
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Directly.
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 280
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Galaxy 2

Post by DerpyTheToad Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:49 am

King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:46 am

I just litterally woke up to read over such sad news. May Iwata RIP. /:

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Yesterday I wasn't really feeling much for his passing but today I came to the realization he made my childhood very fun and enjoyable. 

Back then, all I loved was Nintendo. I have had great memories playing the games with my family. Such as Mario Party, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, Mario Baseball, Smash Bros., Animal Crossing, Kirby and Pokemon. 

Nintendo has always been a part of my life since I was a kid. I may not be as big of a Nintendo fan as I was back then but this man made my childhood. 

Thank you Iwata for your contributions to the gaming industry. May your legacy live on.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:38 pm

^ Yeah, I keep thinking about his passing, and it's made me realize how much he really affected my life. Gaming has always been a huge part of my life, Nintendo specifically, and he's helped develop and has greenlit some of my favorite games of all time, and really created the ideas for some unique consoles. Maybe they haven't been perceived very well by the general public, but I absolutely ADORE the Wii U.

I'm truly going to miss seeing him in Directs and etc. I wonder if they'll ever do something with his Nintendo muppet?...
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

Post by Dark Jester Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:57 pm

TheJumpingJellypopofJoy wrote:Iwata will never be able to witness the release of the NX now. 

Speaking of that, I wonder what will become of it now with his passing? I don't expect much to change, but it's possible this could get held back.

Although only theory, but I feel the recent announcements of the NX and Nintendo going mobile were probably made this early because of the potential chance of something like this happening.  

TheJumpingJellypopofJoy wrote:Yesterday I wasn't really feeling much for his passing but today I came to the realization he made my childhood very fun and enjoyable. 

Back then, all I loved was Nintendo. I have had great memories playing the games with my family. Such as Mario Party, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, Mario Baseball, Smash Bros., Animal Crossing, Kirby and Pokemon. 

Nintendo has always been a part of my life since I was a kid. I may not be as big of a Nintendo fan as I was back then but this man made my childhood. 

Thank you Iwata for your contributions to the gaming industry. May your legacy live on.

I've been finding it awfully hard to put how I feel into words and to explain just why I'm so heartbroken about the passing of a man I've never even met, but this really sums it up. 

Iwata really cared for us as fans, he cared for his games and not just profits and his company being the best. From the moment he joined Nintendo he was creating innovative ways to make games more enjoyable... from compacting Gold/Silver to fit Kanto in the game... or creating Balloon Fight, which was a pretty amazingly unique game for the time. 

I feel Iwata had an eye for good projects, and his little inputs made them better. With all the games he produced it does feel like he as a person was a major part of not just our childhoods but us growing up on the whole... and was doing that up until this very day, and who knows... maybe some of his past work will continue to do that for future generations...
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:53 pm

A fan shares a memory of Iwata. This was linked to me from Yami-kun & it made me cry all over again. >.<

Still; I thought I'd share anyway. :3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:34 pm

Oh yeah, I saw that. It just goes to show how fun Iwata was, and that he really wanted to please fans.

Still so sad. ;~;
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Here is the translated speech Genyo Takeda gave at Iwata's funeral.
    Genyo Takeda wrote:“As we gather here today for a joint funeral with Nintendo Co., Ltd. and Mr. Iwata’s family, I would like to share my heartfelt condolences. President Iwata, allow me to call you Iwata-san, just as I always used to.”

“Iwata-san, you left us far too soon. Having just chaired our shareholders’ meeting the other day on June 26, the news of your sudden death has left all the employees overcome with a deep sorrow. The late Yamauchi-san passed the baton to you in naming you the president of Nintendo in 2002, and the two Senior Managing Directors of the company, Shigeru Miyamoto and I, have been assisting and working alongside you. Being rather short-tempered myself, the thing that I am most deeply struck by is that you were a true leader in every sense of the word, overflowing with compassion for people. You always maintained a two-way dialogue, even with the next generation of employees, or with much younger members of the development and marketing teams, or with employees outside of Japan whose different customs and cultures can make communication challenging — sometimes even admitting your own mistakes to them. You demonstrated this through your belief that people could eventually come to understand one another, and your strong conviction that the best way for us to grow is through patient communication, even if it took several times, a dozen times or even seemingly endless discussion.”

“You succeeded in planting the seed in employees’ hearts that, in order to solve an issue, there is a fundamental cycle whereby you make a hypothesis, execute the plan, see the result and then make adjustments, and by which you have caringly nurtured these seeds to sprout and mature into plants.”

“Until now, our successors and the younger generation would take a few first steps and then look back at you for guidance because they could not tell if they had chosen the right path. Today they cannot ask for your guidance anymore.”

“However, I am sure that they have already made the firm determination that they will continue on their own, making the hypothesis, executing the plan, seeing the results and reflecting on the results to improve and adjust by themselves.”

“In the face of your unbelievable passing it will surely take some time before we can emerge from this deep sorrow. Please know, however, that the seeds you have planted, and the plants that have sprouted will put forth small flowers as they bring smiles to the faces of people around the world, blossom into a grand flower bigger than even you, our leader, Iwata-san. Together with Miyamoto and others of our generation, we swear in our hearts that we will continue our efforts so that, someday, we can report and present to you the blossoming of these flowers. May you continuously watch over and guide us managers, our employees and your family.”

“On behalf of all of us, I would like to offer my heartfelt condolences and sincerest prayer. May you rest in peace, Iwata-san.”
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:44 pm

It really is a beautiful speech, you guys should read through the whole thing. :3

I imagine the wake must've been especially hard for people...wow. I know it's difficult for me with my family, a lot of those who went were probably about that close.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:53 pm

*Plants the seed that Iwata has shown inside her own heart* Because soon I too wish to bloom & see what my own future shall bring from his life inspiring mine. :3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:01 pm