Nintendo has posted their best quarterly financial results since 2011, attributing the success to Splatoon.
Awesome! I'm glad Splatoon has been such a huge success, it is pretty insane that the one popular game turned around their financial results so much. (although, obviously it's not the only thing that helped, I'm sure Amiibo and 3DS sales have to do with it as well)- Generated more than $729 million (90 billion yen) in sales, up from the same period lat year
- Operating income of $9.3 million (1.1 billion yen)
- Analysts were expecting a loss of around 1 million, so a major improvement from last year
- First positive operating income since 2011
- Nintendo attributes the success to Splatoon, which has so far sol 1.62 million copies
- The company expects to generate $4.6 billion in sales and $404 million in operating income for the rest of fiscal 2016