The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Nintendo Licenses Hudson Soft IP Momotaro Dentetsu for New Game

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Nintendo Licenses Hudson Soft IP Momotaro Dentetsu for New Game Empty Nintendo Licenses Hudson Soft IP Momotaro Dentetsu for New Game

Post by Luma Party Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:22 am

Back in June, the creator of Momotaro Dentetsu stated this, after parting with Konami,
    Akira Sakuma wrote:Konami hasn't gotten in touch with me at all. This is how they've tossed me aside for a while now. I'm announcing here that Momotaro Dentetsu is officially done. Ishikawa at Konami squelched everything.

Many believe the series, which has never made it out of Japan was finished, however, Nintendo has licensed Momotaro Dentetsu for a new game next year, and are in negotiations with Sakuma about marketing and developing, Konami is supposedly only interested in the licensing fee.

Source: [1] [2] [3]

This is all really interesting.
    Even if it's Japan-only, it shows Konami is willing to give other companies the license to Hudson Soft games, maybe Nintendo could get Bomberman.

Last edited by Luma Party on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo Licenses Hudson Soft IP Momotaro Dentetsu for New Game Empty Re: Nintendo Licenses Hudson Soft IP Momotaro Dentetsu for New Game

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:53 am

I'd never heard of this series, apparently there's 39 games in it. Razz It looks like just another board game, and Nintendo has plenty of those as it is, I'm surprised they'd publish this...and any game series that has nearly 40 games I've never even heard of is probably not very good. XD
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Nintendo Licenses Hudson Soft IP Momotaro Dentetsu for New Game Empty Re: Nintendo Licenses Hudson Soft IP Momotaro Dentetsu for New Game

Post by Luma Party Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:04 pm

^That was the best line Zero.
    "...and any game series that has nearly 40 games I've never even heard of is probably not very good. XD"
    Apparently it was really popular in Japan years ago.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:47 pm

I'd like Nintendo to get the copyrights for the Sukoden franchise from Konami; Suikoden 6 in 2016 on Wii U. I would love that: OMG.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Post by Yoshiman222 Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:47 pm

...tbh I don't care too much what happens to Hudson Soft properties so much UNLESS it has something to do with Bomberman (or old Mario Party Razz).

...Bomberman Multiplayer to be more precise. Love that. Razz
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:25 pm

I'm sure there renting the IP for cheep and it would be great if it's being made for Wii U even if it's not a game most would buy.

Last edited by Gameguy1996 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:53 pm

Ranting the IP?
    Why would Nintendo want to pay to rant about a game? XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:53 pm