The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

What should Nintendo do for Super Mario 64's 20th Anniversary next year?

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

What should Nintendo do for Super Mario 64's 20th Anniversary next year? Empty What should Nintendo do for Super Mario 64's 20th Anniversary next year?

Post by Luma Party Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:31 pm

So, in 2016, Super Mario 64 will turn 20.
    What should Nintendo do to celebrate it?
    Personally, I've always wanted a sequel, but I would love an HD remake on the Wii U!
    It would feell cool to tackle it again, in HD, changing the feel of the game.
    What do you guys think?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

What should Nintendo do for Super Mario 64's 20th Anniversary next year? Empty Re: What should Nintendo do for Super Mario 64's 20th Anniversary next year?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:45 pm

Well, being that we're already getting a Mario game this year, I don't expect any new ones next year unless NX launches. (in which case I expect a brand new 3D Mario which wouldn't have anything to do with the anniversary specifically)

But it would be awesome if they made an HD remake for Wii U next year! I'd definitely buy it if it included new content. Most seem to want a remake of Sunshine instead though.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

What should Nintendo do for Super Mario 64's 20th Anniversary next year? Empty Re: What should Nintendo do for Super Mario 64's 20th Anniversary next year?

Post by Luma Party Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:53 pm

^Personallly, I'd buy both.
    I just think the Wii U hasn't given me a good feel for a Mario main series game.
    3D World wasn't as memorable as 64, Sunshine or Galaxy.
    Now that they have a special occassion, they should do it.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:01 pm

I feel like they won't really celebrate Super Mario 64's anniversary. I don't know but it'd be great if they did celebrate it. It could always get another remake and it would be nice to get one with even more content than Super Mario 64 DS.

Wow it's almost 20 years old already? I've known the game so long and it makes me feel old now.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:11 am

There not going to remake the same game twice. It's pretty much like everyone asking for the Blue and Red remakes when they where remade for the GameBoy Advance. I'm also pretty sure the full team is needed for Super Mario NX right now. If they do something it will be something small like Super Mario 64 DS on the eShop and an amiibo based on Metal Mario or Winged Mario.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:27 am

^ I mean, they may remake it twice. Just because they've done it once already doesn't mean they've done all they could possibly do with a remake. I feel like Nintendo's already remade a game more than once before, I'll have to see if I can remember which one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:13 am