The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Luma Party
Winters Thief Zero
6 posters

Chris Pranger Fired for Being Too Open

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Chris Pranger Fired for Being Too Open Empty Chris Pranger Fired for Being Too Open

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:55 pm

So remember that small podcast interview with Chris Pranger from Nintendo? Apparently Nintendo believed some of the things he said were 'too open' and he's been fired because of it. Now if you look back at what he said, there was absolutely nothing regarding unannounced content, etc. Really the only thing he said that wasn't something Nintendo had previously talked about was that NoE picked up Xenoblade. And even then, we already knew that...and is it really something to be fired over? Source

That's a horrible reason to fire somebody. Yes, you're almost certainly going to be fired for breaking an NDA. But he didn't! The things he said really had nothing to do with it. He simply answered their question about Xenoblade...I mean, he was certainly a bit more open than we've seen in the past from Nintendo employee interviews, but not to the point where it seems right to lay him off...
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Chris Pranger Fired for Being Too Open Empty Re: Chris Pranger Fired for Being Too Open

Post by Luma Party Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:56 pm

Right, he gets fired for backing Nintendo's decision, like the Wii U naming...
    Nintendo wants to be so secretive.
    Hopefully he gets a good job somewhere else.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Chris Pranger Fired for Being Too Open Empty Re: Chris Pranger Fired for Being Too Open

Post by Yoshiman222 Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:18 pm

That is Nintendo's problem with being so strict about their things. Granted, it has helped them a good number of times (that leaks haven't destroyed with being secret...), but sometimes they should really get over their stubbornness and just be more open with some stuff.

Granted, if someone's being too open (like he kinda was about some details) I can see why it's a bad idea to keep them in, but still, they really need to be less strict about these. I know they have been as time goes on, but they're still undoubtedly strict about their rules.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:10 pm

^ I totally agree, and of course violating an NDA is one thing. But it's not like he was revealing new details about their upcoming products, or saying bad things about Nintendo. I mean, come on, none of what he said was a big deal, Nintendo needs to be a little less secretive and strict about this.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:01 pm

While he broke his NDA by not staying quite and saying things with out the right from Nintendo. The Captain Rainbow thing also seemed to make quite a few people mad.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:15 am

It just seems to me like it's one of those cases where he opened his mouth & inserted his foot. Sometimes with most jobs it's just best to keep your ears open & your mouth shut.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:34 am

It's unfortunate to hear he got fired. It's fine if Nintendo wants to be secretive but if it's true that he didn't reveal no new information that wasn't intended to be revealed that's not right. I think Nintendo could afford to be a little less secretive once in awhile. I hope he gets a good job elsewhere now that he's fired from Nintendo. It happens sadly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 pm