- Play a game on the TV and use the gamepad to chat to a friend at the same time
- Sharing hi-scores and achievements with friends over a network, including video replays
- Fixed terminal that allows other game systems to connect wirelessly and share data
- Gamepad with pointer that allows the terminal device to determine the position in 3d space and display a virtual space
- Separate processors allowing a device to switch into eco mode
- Purchasing a game on a different device and triggering the download on the target device when it's in range.
- Real-time environment changes in games over a network
- Data compression/recompression using sound
These all sound REALLY cool, especially the 3D space sensing Gamepad patent, and the real time environment changes. And you know what, to be honest, this makes my thoughts that NX might actually end up releasing next year go away, none of these seem like they'd be for a new console, and some are even using the Gamepad.