The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Path of Conquest -Signups-

Yoshiman222
Samus Aran
Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Path of Conquest -Signups-

Post by Yoshiman222 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:57 am

Welcome to Path of Conquest, a Turn-Based Strategy game influenced by Nintendo and Intelligent System's Fire Emblem and Advance Wars games.
In this game, you are the commander of your own army, and your rival's army has come to meet yours in battle. It is your job to make sure that the objective given to you is completed before your opponent completes theirs first.

If you love games like Fire Emblem or Advance Wars, you'll definitely be interested in this activity.
Even if you don't know what a Fire Emblem or Advance Wars game or any Turn-Based Strategy game plays like, however, all the rules for this game will be listed below (you'll need to look through them if you want to know how to play as well).
I still suggest you give it a chance if you like strategies anyhow.

Main Rules:
In this game, you control an army of soldiers against your opponent in order to either complete the main objective or to simply annihilate the other army. Each player will take turns moving their entire army each turn until one of those two goals are complete by either player. On your turn, you can move your units in any order you want, in which they move first, and then they can attack any adjacent opponent they end up beside, or use a special move or item if they have one.

Before you begin a game, you will create an army featuring ANY group of units, items, and structures that you wish. However, you are limited to having an Army Value up to a certain number, that of which is determined by the units, items, and structures you wish to add into your army.
Do note when listing your armies, make sure you indicate which units are equipped with which items, and whether or not you want the upgraded version of the Structures.

Every unit has their own set of stats, featuring their HP (Health), ATK (Attack Strength), MOV (Movement per turn), Value (adds to your Army Value), and a special ability or move. When a unit's HP drops to 0, they are killed, and thus eliminated from the board.
You can also choose to equip 1 item to each unit before entering battle. Every item provides its own bonus effect, but also has it's own Value as well, which is added on-top of the unit's value.
Else - in battle, every unit can move up to it's total MOV value each turn, afterwards being able to either attack, use it's special move, or by using an item. All unit are able to pass their allies at free will as well, but they cannot pass enemy units.

Structures are different from units. While they share 2 similar stats in HP (Health) and Value (adds to your Army Value), they also have a extra Upgrade Value (optional addition to the base Value), and up to 2 special abilities/moves, one of which is locked behind the upgrade. While typically lower in Value and higher in HP compared to other units, they're unable to move at all, and are also not treated as allies to your own units (aka: unless stated, allies cannot pass any Structure, and any special moves used against any Structure are treated as enemies regardless). Note you only can get an upgraded version of any Structure during setup so if you.

List of Units and Items:

List of Structures:

Again, for now, that's all I'm going to show at the moment. Sign-ups are open for all who wish to join, and do note that this is a 2-Player Activity, meaning when you join, you even request to play against anyone else you wish. So... yeah. Hope you have fun if you decide to sign up!

Final notes - if it looks complicated - feel free to ask any questions you might have - it's not all that complicated once you get the hang of it.
When signing up, you may also send me a PM with the list on which units, items, and structures you wish to have within your army as well. Do note for these games, however, your Army Limit is 45.

(If someone can help with the image sizes that would be nice, though there really should be a side-scrolling option if images are too big Razz)
Winters Thief Zero
Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Re: Path of Conquest -Signups-

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:12 am

I'd join but I'll wait to see how many other members want to first. I don't want to play if anyone else wants to more than I do. ^^

Sounds interesting though, very much like a forum version of Advance Wars. Although it's been awhile since I've played any turn based strategy game so I'll probably lose. Razz

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!
The Shattered Legacy
Samus Aran
Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
User Points : 243

Post by The Shattered Legacy on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:01 am

As per usual, registering

Let's see how structures shape the meta
Yoshiman222
Samus Aran
Samus Aran

Post by Yoshiman222 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:51 pm

@Winters Thief Zero wrote:I'd join but I'll wait to see how many other members want to first. I don't want to play if anyone else wants to more than I do. ^^

Sounds interesting though, very much like a forum version of Advance Wars. Although it's been awhile since I've played any turn based strategy game so I'll probably lose. Razz
There's no limit to the number of players who want to play - I can just create multiple topics if needed. It's just that for each game can only have 2 players, but if lots wana play I can set up a bunch of games. Razz
Winters Thief Zero
Admin
Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:52 pm

Ah okay. Well in that case, I'll join...but to whoever I end up playing with, just know I'll be pretty rusty. (or very rusty lol)

Official Inkling Squid

Gameguy1996
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12265

Post by Gameguy1996 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:35 pm

I will sign up as an extra unit for now.

Thanks Zero Smile

Spoiler:

TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 945
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Post by TheFrozenFairy on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Sign me up. I love games like Fire Emblem. The structures sound interesting.

Thank you Queen!

[21:48:28] @ Luma Party : I tried to ban Zero, but it didn't work

"So? A baseball has stitches! Are you saying all baseballs are suspicious because they have stitches!?" - Phoenix Wright
Yoshiman222
Samus Aran
Samus Aran

Post by Yoshiman222 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Okay, so we have 4 people already joined! That's great!
However, I don't wana just start pairing people right now, but as of the moment since Zero and Gameguy seem a bit reluctant to play (mostly seeming to be fine as extras...? IDK why), for now the first game here will be set up with SirFrozenFairy vs the Derlirious Emporor (or Sir vs TSL but I love how your current names work for this Razz).

Anyhow if you two are fine with this, then we can continue on with setting the game up!

Below I have a list of battle objectives and maps. The list will expand as I work on it more but for now it's a decent-size I'd think. You may both choose which ones you want, and I'll pick randomly out of both your options.
Battle Objectives:

• Conquest : The basic battle mode. Each player resides on their side of their map, with a fortress to protect. Have any unit reside on the opponent's fortress for an entire turn in order to win the game!

• Commander Conquest : Join the battle alongside your army! A special unit will be added to both of your sides to represent yourselves. Have this unit reside on the opponent's fortress for an entire turn in order to win the game! However, if that unit dies, you will lose the battle regardless.
    NOTE : This special unit's stats are set by default to HP : 8, Atk : 2, Mov : 4, and Value : 0, with no special ability. You may also adjust this unit's stats slightly during setup if wished.

• Invasion : It's time to conquer new lands! Unfortunately, no only do you have the opposing army to deal with, but another army is working to conquer the same land as you! Have your special unit reside on the 3rd army's fortress in order to win the game! Destroying the other player's army will still count as a win even if you lose your special unit.
    NOTE : It's time to conquer new lands! Unfortunately, no only do you have the opposing army to deal with, but another army is working to conquer the same land as you! Have your special unit reside on the 3rd army's fortress in order to win the game! Destroying the other player's army will still count as a win even if you lose your special unit.
    NOTE : You will have a  special unit automatically in your army, it's stats set by default to HP : 8, Atk : 2, Mov : 4, and Value : 0, with no special ability. You may also adjust this unit's stats slightly during setup if wished.
    A 3rd Neutral Army will also be in the battle, controlled by me (I won't be trying to destroy you guys though don't worry).
    Not all maps are playable with this setup.

Battle Maps:
The Arena:
-no image avaliable-
A basic, open battle arena, perfect for determining which army is stronger!
Circular in shape, it features nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide, so get fighting!

Castle Halls:

The inside of a royal's castle. Maybe it could even be your own kings?
Doorways and tight hallways help provide some close-quarters combat, but watch out for those shooting above the walls!
Note - Walls are Impassible by fliers.
Map is eligible for Invasion rules.

The Plains:

A wide-open field which is commonly known for the numerous battles that have gone about it in the past.
While very open in nature, the trees can block movement if you can use them to their fullest potential!

Mage's Spire:

note - board isn't complete yet as indicated by the while spots which represent some sort of obstacle.
An old spire once home to the mages of the land before being destroyed in war.
Walking onto the warp pads will send you to the other one with the same colour, but watch out as they tend to change their destinations at times!
Note - Walls are impassable by fliers, but the other obstacles are passable by them only.

The Swamp:

A murky unsuitable for any form of battle, but is commonly fought for that particular reason.
Mud will slow down all units whom try to pass it, and will make them sluggish if they spend too much time in there! There's also unstable ground with the potential for mudpits that can trap your units unexpectedly if passed, so extreme caution is recommended!

Terribly sorry how boards aren't 100% complete yet but they'll be done by the time your game starts if you wish to play one of those.

Oh, and if you two want to, Zero and Gameguy, you can either wait or fight each other if you wish. Razz

You can also send me a message detailing the army you wish to use at any time also.

Last edited by Yoshiman222 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Winters Thief Zero
Admin
Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:32 pm

I'm fine going up against Gameguy, but I'd prefer waiting just a little while longer, I'm busy tomorrow and maybe Wednesday too. If somebody else joins and you pair me up with somebody else that's fine too, either way works.

Official Inkling Squid

The Shattered Legacy
Samus Aran
Samus Aran

Post by The Shattered Legacy on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:37 pm

Commander Conquest Mage's Spire
TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 945
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Post by TheFrozenFairy on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:15 pm

I'm fine with that. I'd like to request Commander Conquest as the objective and Castle Halls as the map.

Thank you Queen!

[21:48:28] @ Luma Party : I tried to ban Zero, but it didn't work

"So? A baseball has stitches! Are you saying all baseballs are suspicious because they have stitches!?" - Phoenix Wright
Yoshiman222
Samus Aran
Samus Aran

Post by Yoshiman222 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:24 pm

Alright, Commander Conquest it is!
Prepare yourselves, as you'll be joining the battle alongside your allies. If you die, then it's gameover, so watch out!

As for which board you'll play on...

Spoiler:
Castle Halls Was Chosen!

Now before I make the game topic I'll need both your armies. Please send them in via a PM or something as soon as possible so I can setup the match! You can change it anytime before setup begins too.
Yoshiman222
Samus Aran
Samus Aran

Post by Yoshiman222 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:14 am

First game has started woo!
Next game will start to be set up once zero gets his life in order (or whatever it is). Razz

And a 3rd game might come into existence if others wana play. Razz
The Shattered Legacy
Samus Aran
Samus Aran

Post by The Shattered Legacy on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:13 am

"TSL, good timing. You have a moment?"
 "Oh, hello Robin, fancy seeing you here. Also, I thought my name was Marth..."
"I'm Yoshiman, get it right!" 
"Ahem. I'm fixing a tactical oversight. Please tell Lords Zero and Gameguy that their war will begin soon." 
 "Alright. Although I'm in the middle of a war myself, I'll get on to it as soon as I can."
"Thank you. I'll pay you back later." - disappears- 
"Wait, Ro- I mean, Yo-!"
 "...ugh, too late. Guess I'll have to make this up as I go."

I hereby declare, on behalf of Yoshiman, that the second Path of Conquest game will be between:
Lord Zero
and
Lord Gameguy

We shall proceed with setting up this game, but could the players please confirm they are happy with this arrangement?

The first order of business is to decide on your army's Units and Structures. Please ensure your army complies with the Army Value limit of 45. Please send your army composition to Yoshiman and NOT me. Remember, I am engaged in a war at present; sending me your strategy won't help you, and it won't be of much use to me... yet.

The list of battle objectives and maps is as follows. Both players are at liberty to choose their desired objective and map choice, but please note that Grandmaster Yoshiman will select an objective and a map at random from your preferences. Your preferences can be made public, and are in fact encouraged to be so.

Battle Objectives:

• Conquest : The basic battle mode. Each player resides on their side of their map, with a fortress to protect. Have any unit reside on the opponent's fortress for an entire turn in order to win the game!

• Commander Conquest : Join the battle alongside your army! A special unit will be added to both of your sides to represent yourselves. Have this unit reside on the opponent's fortress for an entire turn in order to win the game! However, if that unit dies, you will lose the battle regardless.
    NOTE : This special unit's stats are set by default to HP : 8, Atk : 2, Mov : 4, and Value : 0, with no special ability. You may also adjust this unit's stats slightly during setup if wished.

• Invasion : It's time to conquer new lands! Unfortunately, no only do you have the opposing army to deal with, but another army is working to conquer the same land as you! Have your special unit reside on the 3rd army's fortress in order to win the game! Destroying the other player's army will still count as a win even if you lose your special unit.
    NOTE : You will have a special unit automatically in your army. Its stats set by default to HP : 8, Atk : 2, Mov : 4, and Value : 0, with no special ability. You may also adjust this unit's stats slightly during setup if wished.
    NOTE : A 3rd Neutral Army will also be in the battle, controlled by Yoshiman (thankfully, he won't be trying to destroy your armies though sheer force).
    NOTE : Not all maps are playable with this setup.

Battle Maps:

The Arena:
-no image avaliable-
A basic, open battle arena, perfect for determining which army is stronger!
Circular in shape, it features nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide, so get fighting!

Castle Halls:

The inside of a royal's castle. Maybe it could even be your own kings?
Doorways and tight hallways help provide some close-quarters combat, but watch out for those shooting above the walls!
Note - Walls are Impassible by fliers.

The Plains:

A wide-open field which is commonly known for the numerous battles that have gone about it in the past.
While very open in nature, the trees can block movement if you can use them to their fullest potential!

Mage's Spire:

note - board isn't complete yet as indicated by the while spots which represent some sort of obstacle.
An old spire once home to the mages of the land before being destroyed in war.
Walking onto the warp pads will send you to the other one with the same colour, but watch out as they tend to change their destinations at times!
Note - Walls are impassable by fliers, but the other obstacles are passable by them only.

The Swamp:

A murky swamp unsuitable for any form of battle, but is commonly fought for that particular reason.
Mud will slow down all units whom try to pass it, and will make them sluggish if they spend too much time in there! There's also unstable ground with the potential for mudpits that can trap your units unexpectedly if passed, so extreme caution is recommended!

Apologies on behalf of Yoshiman as some boards aren't 100% complete yet. I have his guarantee that they'll be done by the time your game starts if you wish to play one of those.

"Alright, that's all sorted. Back to my battle against Sir Fairy."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:37 am