The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
queenzelda
TheFrozenFairy
Luma Party
7 posters

Pokemon Go

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Pokemon Go Empty Pokemon Go

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:21 am

Nintendo and the Pokemon Company have just reveled a mobile game. It's an AR Pokemon game that will be coming to the iPhone and Android. There will also be a Pokemon Go plus watch. 

I think they made it look better then it really is and Iwata should get a better game to be remembered by.

PR email wrote:TOKYO, JAPAN -- September 10, 2015 -- The Pokémon Company, Niantic, Inc., and Nintendo Co., Ltd. today announced their collaboration on a new project for mobile devices called Pokémon GO. This ground breaking mobile game will encourage fans to search far and wide in the real world to discover Pokémon. Pokémon GO will be available for download at no charge on the App Store and Google Play in 2016.

In the past, the Pokémon video game series has used real world locations like the Hokkaido and Kanto regions of Japan, as well as New York and Paris, as inspiration for its fantasy settings. In Pokémon GO, players will be able to catch, trade, and battle in the real world by utilizing location information. Pokémon GO's gameplay experience goes beyond what appears on screen as players explore their neighborhoods, communities and the world they live in to discover Pokémon alongside friends and other players. Junichi Masuda, game director of the Pokémon video game series at GAME FREAK inc. will be contributing to the project. His involvement will ensure that the fun of Pokémon makes its way into Pokémon GO, while developing new types of gameplay and thinking of ways to connect this project with the main series of Pokémon video games. In-app purchases will be available in Pokémon GO.

"Our challenge was to develop a great game for smart phone devices that expressed the core values of Pokémon," said Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and CEO of The Pokémon Company. "Pokémon GO is the answer to that challenge."

"Pokémon GO is a wonderful combination of Niantic's real world gaming platform and one of the most beloved franchises in popular culture," said John Hanke, founder and CEO of Niantic, Inc. "Our partnership with The Pokémon Company and Nintendo is an exciting step forward in real-world gaming and using technology to help players discover the world and people around them."

Players will be able to enhance their Pokémon GO experience even when they are looking away from their smartphones by using a unique device called Pokémon GO Plus. By pressing a button on Pokémon GO Plus, simple in-game actions like catching a Pokémon can be performed. Developed and manufactured by Nintendo Co., Ltd., Pokémon GO Plus will connect to smartphones via Bluetooth and by flashing and vibrating, will notify players about events like the appearance of a Pokémon nearby.

Pokémon GO is being developed by Niantic, Inc. Originally founded by Google Earth co-creator John Hanke as a start-up within Google, Niantic is known for creating Ingress, the augmented reality mobile game which utilizes GPS technology to fuel a sci-fi story encompassing the entire world. Ingress currently has 12 million downloads worldwide.

Pokemon Go UEHSDHR

Pokemon Go GvijjBPs

Pokemon Go 2bEo1xcs
    Pokemon Go RPItRRqs
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Pokemon Go Empty Re: Pokemon Go

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:06 pm

This definitely can't be their first mobile game, I think it's just another Pokemon spin-off for mobile. It doesn't seem that exciting, nothing I'm really interested in.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:29 pm

Seriously?
    Man, we need something other than Pokémon...

EDIT: This is not part of the DeNA partnership.
    Source
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:16 pm

It didn't seem to show much gameplay from the video. I love Pokemon but I'm not interested in this, I'm not really interested in mobile games anyways. It's a nice idea but I doubt I'd try it. 

Oh I guess none of the Pokemon Mobile games are part of the DeNa partnership, That's what I thought it was when I first saw it. I still think the first one of the partnership will be a Mario game.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:06 am

You can catch them all; just this time it's in your backyard.. Maybeh. ;D
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:29 pm

It seems Pokemon Go is already available for some regions on some devices. Check yours now to see! I don't think they've given any official release PR so it isn't available everywhere but it may be available for some of you guys.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:39 pm

It seems a bit early to be out now. They did say 2016 but I expected it to be closer to the end of the year. It's odd they didn't mention it being out anywhere, I wonder if it somehow accidentally got released early in some regions. You would think they would aim for a worldwide release on all devices but they must have their reasons.

I'm still not interested in the mobile stuff so I'm not getting it if it's available now. I hope anyone here enjoys it if they can get it.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:27 pm

It seems to only be available on Android from what I can see. Yo have to wander why it was not a worldwide release though.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:12 pm

Though do I have a Samsung Android tablet, I checked to see if Pokemon Go was available, I couldn't find it. Though from what I read on Kotaku it's available in other regions outside of the US (in Australia and New Zealand) & I'm like; "Meh, whatever." More so after I read how much micro-transactions are. sauce <.<; Or the fact that the Pokemon Go app can kill your battery's life. sauce

So I think that I'll just stick to my Pokemon games on my 3DS otherwise, thanks.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:05 pm

Pokemon Go is now available in the United States.

I was unable to walk anywhere yet since it's kind of late. From what I can see though there are 5 pokestops and one gym in my area.

Pokemon Go CmuebhdUMAASkw3?format=jpg&name=large
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:08 pm

Anyone know what the download size is for Pokemon Go? I'd probably be willing to try it out and see if I like it but I have an old phone with not much room lol.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:12 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:Anyone know what the download size is for Pokemon Go? I'd probably be willing to try it out and see if I like it but I have an old phone with not much room lol.
    It seems to be around 57 MB.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:24 pm

^ Oh nice, that's not actually all the large. After Miitomo I thought for sure it'd be a huge file. xD Thanks.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:25 pm

Pokemon Go is now the fastest game to reach number 1 in revenues on both iOS and Android.

- fastest mobile game ever to reach No. 1 in terms of revenues on iOS and Android
    - reached that position on the charts in the less than a day on iOS and just four days on Android
    - previous record holder was Clash Royale, which took two days on iOS and seven days on Google Play to reach No. 1
    “Even though Pokémon Go is only officially open in three countries, the game is generating well over $1 million of net revenue for Niantic Labs. I can easily envision a run-rate of over $1 billion per year with less server issues, a worldwide presence, and more social and player-vs.-player features.” - App Annie communications boss Fabien Pierre-Nicolas
    “The Pokémon brand ensures tens of millions of downloads regardless of the game concept. It is one of the biggest gaming and entertainment franchises on the planet. What has been a surprise for Pokémon Go is the several millions of dollars it’s managed to generate in the first few days alone. This is obviously great news for Nintendo as seen by its recent $10 billion market cap jump. My one worry with the game is its longevity as the freshness of the concept wears off and is copied by competitors.” - Newzoo founder and analyst Peter Warman

Source

It makes you wander how much money this game will make once it's worldwide and all 800 plus Pokemon are added.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:35 am