The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
queenzelda
TheFrozenFairy
Luma Party
7 posters

Pokemon Go

TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Pokemon Go - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon Go

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:10 am

I'm happy it has been this successful. I just hope all this success doesn't negatively impact Pokémon or Nintendo in the future though, like the possibility of them abandoning handheld gaming in favor of mobile for example. Seeing that Pokémon Go has had such huge success already. I can't help but express my concern for such a possibility.

I'm still not interested in this. I can definitely see the appeal in AR Pokémon and the whole idea of Pokémon in real life like this. I'd rather play the main games myself though, there's nothing really that would make me want to play Go instead. Also Eevee apparently evolves into one of the three generation 1 Eeveelutions randomly instead of by stones or some other method. That random evolution method was not a good idea, I'd have to rely on luck to get Vaporeon if I played Go and I would really want Vaporeon.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:01 am

So I've caught like 11 different Pokemon so far and am at level 4, and I've barely even been able to play it because I've been busy when I'm out. So I'd say that's pretty decent. xD It's fun but they definitely need to implement some sort of battle system or it's really going to die out. Catching Pokemon in different locations is cool but without battles it feels like it's missing something. (of course I haven't actually played at a gym yet)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:46 pm

I'm lvl 3 & only caught at least 7 Pokemon so far. It's alright but it gets boring after a while not being able to battle against other trainers, or being able to battle against the Pokemon you find in the wild like in the games. It kind of sucks a bit cause there isn't a Pokestop even remotely CLOSE to me. >.>; I also don't like that you can't transfer Pokemon you might want/catch to your Pokemon bank either, but I digress.

So for today I did some lazy 'mon catching until I got bored & turn it off. XD

Also.. Yea, I got Pokemon Go to work on my tablet & it actually works pretty well.. Just not with the AR part of the game, so I tend not to use it. -shrugs-
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:50 pm

^ Yeah there isn't really anything in my neighborhood, maybe like 2-3 Pokemon a day and that's if I really go farther out, and the PokeStops are all somewhere farther. I feel like they should implement some way to reach PokeStops or catch Pokemon closer to home, but I suppose they really want people to go explore and look for them. Still a lot of us live kinda away from town or the city so there isn't much to find.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:07 pm

Oh yes, I forgot about the PokéStops. I know for sure that'd be an issue for me. I'd be very far away from any PokéStop for sure. I don't think they really considered places that aren't large cities. It's good for when you travel at least.

I read that Masuda wants Go to interact with the main games, which could be Sun and Moon. I think it'd be similar to the VC Gen 1 games and Pokémon Bank where you can transfer Pokémon to Sun and Moon but it could be something else like a mini-game perhaps.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:14 pm

I think he was just saying that 7th Gen Pokemon will be in Go at some point. I also seem to have only a few pokestops around since I live on the older side of town and the pokestops are likely placed in the shopping area on the other side of town. Sad

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:55 pm

Well I plan to tap on the Pokestop as we go past it on our way to get groceries later this week, so I'll be fine for that. I just have to get up two more lvls & then I can take on the vaporeon gym that's in my area. Of which I also plan to drive to, since I can. :p XD

Oh yea, something that has been kind of bothering me about Pokemon Go is that none of the captured Pokemon have any given 'sex', has any one else made that observation or is it just me? Eh, if so I just thought I'd put that out there anyway.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:07 pm

^ Honestly I always thought that was kind of pointless anyway, they all look identical and you can name them whatever you want, I feel like you can decide for yourself if you want them to have one. I mean that's just me, I'm sure you're not alone though.

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:52 pm

With the Pokemon Go craze so high & with the need of having wifi to play it everywhere I've been considering uninstalling it. Yea, it was fun at first but it's not how the games play & tbh I'm already getting a little bit bored with it. It'll only be some time before every one else is too I imagine. I might still keep it & turn it on every now & then, but I think Pokemon Go is ok not what it was advertised to play like & that kind of has been irking me a bit. Mad
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:40 pm

T-Mobile customers will get a year of no data charges while using Pokemon Go starting Tuesday!

This is legitimately one of the most ingenious marketing techniques I've seen used. I've already seen lots of people who have ALREADY SWITCHED to T-Mobile JUST for the free data usage with Pokemon Go. Pretty crazy! What if T-Mobile becomes the top phone provider just from this? xD
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

Post by Polar Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:27 pm

Everytime I try to play I get server issues. Life isn't fair.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:10 pm

^ I've heard a couple of complaints about that but haven't had any issues myself. It doesn't seem to be all that common but I definitely hope they fix it soon.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:16 pm

With the new app update it kind of locked me out of getting in & even trying to login to the pokemon.com website? Yea, that isn't happening either. D:
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:20 am

Summer Queen wrote:

With the new app update it kind of locked me out of getting in & even trying to login to the pokemon.com website? Yea, that isn't happening either. D:

That's why I just signed up using Google.

Does anyone recall the Eevee Bros for that anime episode. While it turns out that you can get the evolution that you want if you name your Eevee after them.

Go Nintendo wrote:o you got an Eevee, but you want a specific evolution for it? Well, apparently it's quite easy to do! The Pokemon GO hivemind over at Reddit says they've figured out a way to make sure you get the evolution you're gunning for. All you have to do is give your Eevee one of these nicknames.
    Sparky = Jolteon
    Rainer = Vaporeon
    Pyro = Flareon
    Why do those nicknames bring about those evolutions? Turns out it's a nod to the Pokemon anime, where the Eevee Bros. were named Sparky, Rainer and Pyro. Now can anyone confirm this?!

Source

I guess I'm going for Jolteon the next time I catch an Eevee.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:44 am