The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Would Nintendo be willing to buy IPs now?

Luma Party
Link
Link

Custom Title : The Luma
User Points : 2765

Would Nintendo be willing to buy IPs now?

Post by Luma Party on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:41 pm

So something that people always talk about, but Nintendo never does, is buy IPs from other companies.
Normally, they could buy a developer, but never just the IP.
But wish Kimishima in charge, and shareholders taking more power, is it a possibility?
Take a look at Konami, with their downfall, Nintendo could probably just pluck Bomberman and Momotaro Dentetsu from them, for a small amount of money in their terms.
I know it isn't really something traditional, but if large companies like Konami or SEGA fall, Nintendo in my opinion should save something from them, because they have the assets to continue delivering great games in some of these series, particularly Konami-owned Hudson Soft games, with Nd Cube having many ex-Hudson developers.

Gameguy1996
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 11607

Re: Would Nintendo be willing to buy IPs now?

Post by Gameguy1996 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:06 pm

Anything can happen. I think there done buying things for now though since there sending out quite a few bucks with the mobile games, QoL and the Nintendo rides at Universal Studios.

Thanks Zero Smile

Spoiler:

Zero Revolution
Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Zero Revolution on Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:01 pm

I feel like Nintendo is focused on increasing the popularity and fanbase of their existing IP. They have a LOT to work with, and although it would be great to see them putting out stuff like Mega Man or Castlevania, I don't see it happening.

I WOULD however love if Nintendo would spend the money on getting more third parties to develop for their consoles. You never really see anything as big as Grand Theft Auto on a Nintendo console (outside of Chinatown Wars on DS), and I feel like it couldn't take much to get Rockstar or another third party to develop these titles on Nintendo platforms in addition to others.

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!
TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 902
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Post by TheFrozenFairy on Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:20 pm

I have no idea if they are willing to buy IPs now however I'd like to see it happen one day. I feel they can be great made by Nintendo if anything happens to the original owners. I say it's worth the resources need to buy them. Anything Hudson had would be interesting along with some of Konami. The more the merrier I like to believe. There's nothing stopping them from purchasing some from other companies right? I believe buying at least one to mix their future games up could be interesting.

I also agree that Nintendo needs to get some more third party as they are really lacking that right now. I much prefer their first party titles but there's nothing wrong with some good games made by a third party in the mix.

Thank you Queen!

[21:48:28] @ Luma Party : I tried to ban Zero, but it didn't work

"So? A baseball has stitches! Are you saying all baseballs are suspicious because they have stitches!?" - Phoenix Wright

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:42 pm