The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Using codes for games: the discussion

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Using codes for games: the discussion Empty Using codes for games: the discussion

Post by queenzelda Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:05 pm

Do you use them?

Personally, I tend to use the Action Replay 3DS save code system for some of my games that can use codes for any games I have. Same with the older DS titles. I tend to use Action Reply for the GBA titles & Action Replay/Gameshark with my PS1/PS2 titles. Razz

Do you think that using them is "bad" & "ruins" how the game should play or are you ok with the use of codes? I know some people who are gamers that think that using codes is 'bad' & I just poo-poo them.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Using codes for games: the discussion Empty Re: Using codes for games: the discussion

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:24 pm

I don't use them. However, I don't think they're "bad" per se, I just personally enjoy playing them the way they were intended. Sometimes it can be fun to cheat a bit though, and I have used cheat codes a couple of times in the past. (specifically on N64 and DS where I have GameShark and Action Replay)
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Using codes for games: the discussion Empty Re: Using codes for games: the discussion

Post by Marowak Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:27 pm

I do generally only in-game ones for the special attributes, and that's like generally after my first playthrough of a game where I use some codes to make some tedious things easier.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:34 pm

I don't usually use codes and never use cheating devices. I never really bought anything like an Action Replay before. I don't like altering my save data but depending on the game I sometimes make a new save file and use in-game cheat codes in games such as Shovel Knight, just to mess around really because it can be fun. Especially when you have beaten the game.

Some games like every main series Pokémon game I completely avoid any cheats, I really don't like trading for hacked Pokémon too. People can definitely cheat for all the Pokemon and do whatever they want on their games, that's absolutely fine, I just prefer not having anything like that getting traded to my Pokémon save data. Ruins the value of trading shines and such if you ask me, I don't mind battling hacked Pokémon as long as it's fair.

I think using cheats codes is fine. People should use them if they wish. I'd rather not use them myself for the most part.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:50 am