The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Nintendo Games That Need Sequels

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo Games That Need Sequels Empty Nintendo Games That Need Sequels

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:14 am

So I decided to make a little blog thread for Nintendo games I think need sequels. This is only for Nintendo games, but I may make another thread soon for games from other developers or on other consoles. This isn't a "top _" thread so I'll just be updating when I think of another game that needs a sequel.

Ice Climber

Nintendo Games That Need Sequels Maxresdefault

Ice Climber was a one-off game for the NES that you'd think would have been forgotten by now, but really hasn't been. It's still at least somewhat well-known, which may have something to do with Smash Bros. The reason I think the game needs a sequel is simply because it's been so long. The original game was obviously on fairly limited hardware, so there are plenty of possibilities for new ideas now that the technology is available. I don't feel as though a full retail release is needed, but an eShop revival would be awesome, as the original is surprisingly addictive and pretty fun.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Nintendo Games That Need Sequels Empty Re: Nintendo Games That Need Sequels

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:59 am

A sequel to Ice Climber would certainly be interesting. Perhaps that can be Sakurai's next project? Plenty of new things can spring from this idea now. I found the jumping frustrating at times because you'd just phase through the platform at the right angle. Other than that I liked the game.

I can't help but think of the Squid Jump mini-game from Splatoon when I see Ice Climber now. Do you think the similarites between the two are intentional? They seem similar enough to me.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:28 am

F-Zero GX.
    Urban Champion.
    Donkey Kong 64.
    Super Mario Sunshine.

Just some ideas Zero. XD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:11 am

@SirFrozenFairy
    I don't know, they're somewhat similar, but I don't think they were intentional, as the way you play the game is still completely different from Ice Climber. Just the goal of getting to the top of each area is the same.

Super Mario Sunshine
    Nintendo Games That Need Sequels Super_mario_sunshine_desktop_by_princesspeach11
    For some reason everyone seems to be wanting another Galaxy game, despite the fact that we already have two of them. While I'd personally like to see a completely brand new idea brought to the 3D Mario games for it's next title, I think it'd be awesome to finally see a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine in the future. The original is incredibly underrated and is a lot of fun to play. Yeah the blue coins were tedious but otherwise it's enjoyable and unique for a Mario game. At the very least there needs to be a remake with some new stages.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:19 pm

I see. I thought the way you climbed to the top was similar in a way with the jump physics. The retro graphical style as well, the platforms remind me of the breakable ones in Ice Climber. The two are definitely different though.

I really agree with Super Mario Sunshine. It wasn't perfect but it will always stand out in the series. I will always love that game. There's plenty of things that can be done with the F.L.U.D.D idea. Maybe the enemies can be more frantic with covering the place with goop like online Splatoon. I'd like to see Next Level Games try the sequel like they did with Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. Nintendo will do the sequel if there ever is one though.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:50 am

Ice Climber would need to get the Kid Icarus treatment if a new game where to go for $60 on the market. I also feel like the game would be more unique if you played as both of the Climbers at once to get through levels.

As for Super Mario Sunshine. I think the best route would be a 3DS remake where they add more shine sprites and levels. Maybe they can also bring in the system from Galaxy 2 where you can play as Luigi in select levels.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Post by TheFrozenFairy Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:17 pm

The idea of controlling both Ice Climbers would make a sequel more interesting. There's plenty of possibilties for two of them at once. Perhaps somethings could be inspired from how they played in Super Smash Bros. Like that up special move.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:17 pm

Kid Icarus: Uprising
    Nintendo Games That Need Sequels I_32128.1332783825

So I'm a HUGE fan of the Kid Icarus series, and Uprising is by far the best. It's a drastic change in direction for the series, but it works so well. The characters are amazing and really well thought-out, the dialogue is funny, the gameplay is fantastic with some pretty solid level design and I just love it. I would love to see a new one on a home console, Wii U would be pretty much perfect for it.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:50 pm

It seems like they jump started the idea in Smash Wii U that Viridi and Dark Pit would be the bad guys if such a game where to be made. I feel like Nintendo would let an outside studio work on a sequel since Sakurai is sure to try something different or return to work on Smash so that he could include even more crazy 3rd party characters.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:19 pm

A Kappa's Trail
    Nintendo Games That Need Sequels A-kappas-trail--20100614103741361-3234415_320w
    So I'm assuming a lot of you don't even know what this game is. A Kappa's Trail was a DSiWare game developed by the devs of the Mother/Earthbound series. Basically you make a trail for the little kappa character and try to find the best paths through the levels while also exploring and finding coins, items, kappas, etc. to help you both clear the stage and get bonuses. But watch out, you also have to avoid enemies and the Devil's Hand and defeat bosses.

Anyway, I LOVE this game. It's actually probably one of my favorite downloadable games of all time, despite being fairly unknown and not particularly well received by critics. (although certainly not bad reviews) If I could fix one thing, it'd be the slightly awkward controls, which is why I actually think a sequel would fit best on Wii U. Being able to make use of a larger screen would allow for more puzzles and longer paths without having to drag the screen up every time. It'd also be great to be able to use the Wii U's control sticks to control the camera. The game had really fun stages and bosses and collecting all of the mini kappas was also quite enjoyable.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:35 pm

Advance Wars
    Nintendo Games That Need Sequels Advance-Wars-Screenshot

Before anyone says anything, yes, of course I know that Advance Wars has had multiple sequels. What I'm saying is I think the series really needs a new installment as a reboot. A new game on 3DS or even mobile would be amazing. I've only played the original, but it's one of my all time favorite games, and is the perfect way to introduce someone to tactical strategy games. (yet still can be extremely difficult)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:44 pm

It would be cool if they want back to the basics since most disliked the DS game. I could see it being on mobile since those type of games always seem to be at the top and I'm sure some other studio could pick up the game if Intelligent Systems turns there focus to the NX.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm