The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Should being mayor in Animal Crossing be a permanent feature?

TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

animal - Should being mayor in Animal Crossing be a permanent feature? Empty Should being mayor in Animal Crossing be a permanent feature?

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:01 pm

It was one of the biggest things that Animal Crossing: New Leaf had. Whenever the next games in the series is made, do you think they should return to how things were originally or expand on the mayor things? Isabelle is a very popular character so I don't think they'll ditch the whole mayor idea unless she becomes the mayor herself in the next game. Will the feature be here to stay?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

animal - Should being mayor in Animal Crossing be a permanent feature? Empty Re: Should being mayor in Animal Crossing be a permanent feature?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:05 pm

I personally think being mayor is much better than just being a regular resident. Being able to customize the town really does add another layer to the game. However, I think they need to add more to it, as there's a lot more that could be done. I'd love to be able to add or remove land in my town, and be able to run more of the shops and whatnot. I think the idea of being mayor could be greatly expanded in the next game but I do think it should stay.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

animal - Should being mayor in Animal Crossing be a permanent feature? Empty Re: Should being mayor in Animal Crossing be a permanent feature?

Post by queenzelda Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:06 pm

I think that if this feature sticks around that the person playing should make that decision, & not the game. Some people may just want to play Animal Crossing without the responsibility of being mayor. So say if you have to share your game with some one & they don't want to be mayor but they are the first to play then they can choose weather they want to be mayor or not. Unlike with New Leaf, who ever arrives first is thrust in as Mayor weather they like it or not. So having a choice in future installments would be nice.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:23 pm

^ Oh yeah, that's true. I felt like in New Leaf players after the initial user was created were kind of screwed out of being mayor if they wanted to be. And I mean, I understand that for a 3DS game being that they probably can't fit multiple towns in the game, and the owner may not want people adding things to the town like public works projects without your permission. But hopefully the next game would be able to have multiple towns so you can choose to be the mayor or simply be a resident like you said, it would be better that way.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:31 pm

^Exactly. Because Jing & I at one time were sharing my game & I didn't mind being mayor but at the same time if he'd made a file as mayor he would have restarted the game anyway. He (personally) didn't like being mayor & I loved it. The only thing I didn't like about it is that I couldn't create any holidays they were all just put together by Isabelle weather I took part in them or not.

Like say I would like to celebrate MLK Day in game? I can't do that in Animal Crossing, it isn't celebrated. So if the mayor status stays then maybe add in the holidays that they celebrate & maybe even those they don't. That would also give the person playing more to do & maybe even more holidays to celebrate instead of celebrating others that would stay in game.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:37 pm

^ Ooh, I like that custom holiday idea. The only issue I see with it would be that when you're celebrating a holiday normally in Animal Crossing, which are all preset, there are specific events, gifts, etc. related to the holiday. I feel like it'd be kind of difficult to make those yourself, unless they have ones already made for a huge list of holidays that you can choose whether or not to include in your town, and more general ones for holidays not represented. (like ones you would make up or just the more uncommon ones)

But I don't know maybe there's a better solution.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:38 pm

Yes it would be great to be able to have either multiple towns or being able to choose which resident will be mayor. Although I did like the beginning of New Leaf where you're mistaken for the new mayor, that sacrifices the ability to choose, it would be better to have that ability to choose. Maybe there should be the option to resign as mayor and give it to another resident?

Creating holidays sounds like a great idea. It would really give the mayor more control. I think the animals could have something that gauges how happy they are with the number of holidays or lack of them.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:00 pm

Of course it will be staying since the main games don't change much. As for changes having the shops open for 18 hours, passing the mayor title to anyone in town and more space for public works projects would be nice. I'm not sure how the holiday thing could work since people would just make pointless ones like fruit day or bug day.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:15 am

Well I think that maybe if the holiday's were set to a certain number; like say 3 extra ones, that it could be done fairly simply. That & as mayor maybe you could be the one to come up with the furniture items that are given out as gifts. So maybe come up with the blue prints of the furniture items & give your blue prints of said furniture items to Cyrus to makes them. Maybe Cyrus could be the one to come up with brand new furniture sets that you the mayor design as blue prints & once they're made you get them as gifts in time for the big holiday. You can even create Mii's who'd come into your game if say you wanted to celebrate certain holiday's that were meant for people in history; like Lincoln on President's Day, or MLK for MLK day.

I think it could be done if there was a cap on how many holiday's you can have & that way if there's a cap on the holiday's the person making them then could only choose national ones that could be on a list that would be prearranged by Nintendo, that way it'd be official holiday's. Though tbh, I'd like to have my own holiday based around fruit & bugs because it sounds like fun. Razz Or even have my own Badge Arcade holiday & see if I could get the rabbit from the badge arcade to show up as a special guest. That would be cool.

Last edited by Queen Glitter Fairy on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:01 pm

@Gameguy1996

18 Hours for shops would be nice. That would eliminate the need for the early bird and night owl ordinances if you can change the animal's sleeping schedules as well.

@Queen Glitter Fairy

The furniture idea sounds nice. Like how Mayor Tortimer gave out furniture but more customized. I also like the idea of having Miis of certain people to celebrate a holiday. It goes well with the Mii masks Harriet offers in Shampoodle. 3 extra days is good, I thought it was a little low at first but it's not bad. You could create a Majora's Mask thing with those days if you wanted too.

I like the idea of making completely new holidays over prearranged ones on a list. Having both would be great though. I was thinking there could also be an option of presenting Isabelle any item in you inventory and dedicating one day to it. Like the trendy phrases in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire having things like "Potion Parties" and "Soda Pop Songs" be possible. Animal Crossing could have things like "Apple Festival" and "Regal Lamp Day". It'd be more pointless  than other holidays you can make but it gives the animal residents something to talk about.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Well the three days thing is just an idea, I mean if more are included that's fine but considering there are so many national holiday's anyway adding them all could become a huge ordeal otherwise, thus the low number. But yea, I love the idea of adding in preset conversation that you could set up with Isabelle giving animals in the village something to talk about prior to the holiday. What got me thinking about this is how animals in the game would always talk about suggesting holiday's themselves if they could, so maybe you could set a few & take them out for ones the animals suggest & maybe they could give you a gift for creating the holiday for them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am