The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Remember the Super Mario Sunshine commercial?

TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

super - Remember the Super Mario Sunshine commercial? Empty Remember the Super Mario Sunshine commercial?

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:03 pm

So I was wondering if any of you have seen or remembered this specific commercial? I never saw it around the game's release date but I've seen videos of it before. What do you think?

It is kind of awkward. I'm not sure the message this conveys completely fits the game. It makes it out like Mario is Captain Planet or something. Mario is cleaning the island because he was framed for the whole mess in game. This gives it a different meaning. Though the costume is pretty nice. The "Clean is better than dirty, and dirty is meaner than clean!" or what is said is a little amusing.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

super - Remember the Super Mario Sunshine commercial? Empty Re: Remember the Super Mario Sunshine commercial?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:20 pm

I don't remember seeing it on TV at the time, but I've definitely seen it online a couple of times. Like you said, it's just a really awkward commercial. Ads have never really been one of Nintendo's strong points, and you can see that they're just as bad now as they were then. And then you wonder why the GameCube didn't sell well. :p

While Mario certainly isn't an edgy kind of game, I feel like this made the game out to be some kind of educational game or promotion for keeping things clean, when it certainly wasn't at all.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

super - Remember the Super Mario Sunshine commercial? Empty Re: Remember the Super Mario Sunshine commercial?

Post by queenzelda Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:32 pm

I kind of feel like Nintendo was meaning for it to come off as a Captain Planet commercial but forgot halfway in that it was one for Super Mario Sunshine. XD Idk it kind of feels half-a**ed to me, but eh what ever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:09 pm