The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Gameguy1996
TheFrozenFairy
Bowser498
7 posters

[RUMOR] [SPOILER ALERT] Paper Mario Game Coming to Wii U, Being Revealed This Year

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

paper - [RUMOR] [SPOILER ALERT] Paper Mario Game Coming to Wii U, Being Revealed This Year Empty [RUMOR] [SPOILER ALERT] Paper Mario Game Coming to Wii U, Being Revealed This Year

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:40 pm

Emily Rogers and a few others have decided to band together and leak a currently unannounced Wii U game published by Nintendo. They say they have about 5-6 sources confirming it and a lot of evidence behind it's existence, and plan to leak information about it on Monday after looking over what they currently have.

I'm VERY intrigued. If they're waiting just to leak the game itself, I wonder if it's something big? I'm personally hoping for Kid Icarus on Wii U, but I feel like that's not what this will be.

Last edited by Zero Revolution on Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

paper - [RUMOR] [SPOILER ALERT] Paper Mario Game Coming to Wii U, Being Revealed This Year Empty Re: [RUMOR] [SPOILER ALERT] Paper Mario Game Coming to Wii U, Being Revealed This Year

Post by Luma Party Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:39 pm

These people, Nintendo could potentially sue them over contractual agreements, and such.
    I'll be interested to see what it is, but if it isn't leaked, I can wait.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

paper - [RUMOR] [SPOILER ALERT] Paper Mario Game Coming to Wii U, Being Revealed This Year Empty Re: [RUMOR] [SPOILER ALERT] Paper Mario Game Coming to Wii U, Being Revealed This Year

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:53 pm

Emily decided there wasn't much reason to keep it held from us any longer. The 5 sources she stated and the evidence given previously pretty much confirm a new Paper Mario game is in development for Wii U, being developed by Intelligent Systems, and is currently being developed, localized, and tested. It will be revealed this year.

Obviously I'm still tagging this as rumor, but Emily is pretty reliable and the fact that she's backing this up with so many sources leads me to believe it's true. If it is, I'm really hyped and might have to take back what I said about NX releasing this year. This would be a pretty big game to release on Wii U in it's final year.

EDIT: A side note, some of the guys at GameXplain also apparently heard about the same info independently.

Last edited by Zero Revolution on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:36 pm

It this is true Emily Rogers and her friends are going to be in hot water. I hope they took in feedback and go back to the style of the first 2 games while keeping some things from Sticker Star and Super Paper Mario.

Last edited by Gameguy1996 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 358

Post by Bossblitz88 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:44 pm

I want to set my expectations low but at the same time the thought of a Paper Mario game like the first two is amazing. She did say this year and not when, but if it's being localized I guess a March-May release?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:04 am

^ She said it's being revealed this year, so nothing about when specifically or when it's being planned for release. And localization can happen while a game is still in development, especially with RPGs which are generally pretty text heavy. So I highly doubt a March-May release, the game hasn't even been revealed yet so it's pretty much impossible. Probably fall or holiday.
    Bowser498
    Bowser498
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Custom Title : Bowser498: Super Mario (Modern) Video Game Expert/Pro
    Internet Browser : Internet Explorer

User Points : 36
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Maker and Splatoon!

Post by Bowser498 Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:10 am

Probably fake like how that Fawfulthegreat64 did the PMTTYD leak.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:55 am

^ Face Palm!

Bowser, do you know who Emily Rogers and Liam Robertson are?
    Rogers in a former Nintendo employee, Robertson is Unseen64's biggest provider, uncovers stuff about unannounced and cancelled games all the time.

You cannot compare these two leaks, one was a guy editing photos and putting them on a 3DS, the other was two people getting information from supposedly credible sources.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:04 pm

I'll believe this rumor when Nintendo confirms it. Other wise, it's still just a rumor. (I hope it's true, I really would love to see a Wii U Paper Mario game tbh.)
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:57 am

I'm not believing the rumor unless it turns out to be real. The people may be very credible sources and such, but Paper Mario on Wii U is a little safe thing to make rumors about at this point. From the lack of news lately to people wanting a new Paper Mario on Wii U, it seems a little off. I'm not convinced yet.

I think Intelligent Systems might have worked on something else but maybe this Paper Mario rumor is true.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:36 pm

So if this rumor is indeed true, what kind of Paper Mario game do you guys want to see?

Personally I'd LOVE a more traditional Paper Mario title more similar to TTYD. Of course, different attack methods, partners, characters in general, and worlds would be necessary, but I feel a Paper Mario game most like TTYD would be perfect.

Unfortunately that's not at all the direction Nintendo would probably go with this, so my guess is actually that it'd be a sequel to Super Paper Mario. Miyamoto mentioned something a few years back about how they could display the 2D world on the TV and the 3D world on the Wii U Gamepad, and vice versa. This would be a pretty cool way of going about a sequel, and I wouldn't mind it. I did like Super Paper Mario, so as long as the sequel were to be good, I'd buy it.

I also think it could just be something entirely new. I don't think they'll make a Sticker Star sequel, they know what we thought of that game. But making something new is what they tend to do so that could be it as well.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:04 pm

They need to go back to the roots, something like Paper Mario or TTYD.
    They can try out new ways if the series with an NX game, returning to the roots make more sense for the Wii U game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:20 pm

I kind of what to see them mix in things from all the games. Bring back the partners, the other main characters, the paper world of Sticker Star and have a Super Paper Mario like story. With that said I expect Intelligent Systems to do something new again,
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:11 pm

^ That would be perfect, with the exception of bringing back partners. I don't mind having some or even all of the characters appear, but for the partners I feel like having completely new ones would make it feel more new and unique. As long as they still have lovable personalities like in the first 2 games.

@Luma Party
    See the way I feel is the opposite. With Wii U, not that many people own it, and at this point I don't think they're trying to sell more units. So they might just try something crazy and different again. I feel like for NX since they're expecting huge sales and want people to flock over to it, having a big new traditional-style game would make more sense. Although if it were up to me I'd want it to be like that too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:21 am