The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Kimishima: Unannounced 3DS games coming, wants more Wii U titles like Splatoon and Super Mario Maker

Gameguy1996
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 11020

Kimishima: Unannounced 3DS games coming, wants more Wii U titles like Splatoon and Super Mario Maker

Post by Gameguy1996 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:31 am

In the recent financial briefing Kimishima has reveled that some big 3DS games are in the works.

Kimishima starts off by reiterating a key point from his presentation: the spread amount of 3DS systems is 20 million units domestically, and 54 million units worldwide. This means Nintendo’s handheld had a big chance to obtain profits from software as well. As for what lies ahead in the next period, Kimishima said development on software continues, including large-scale titles that can’t be announced just yet. He believes that the 3DS will remain a big pillar in the next period.

Moving onto Wii U, it still just reached a spread of 10 million units worldwide. If you compare that number to 3DS, it’s still not enough. However, titles like Splatoon and Super Mario Maker have a favorable reputation, so Kimishima thinks Nintendo would like to be able to release titles that could receive the same sort of reputation in the next period as well.
Source

For the 3DS I think Pokemon Z, a New 3DS port and maybe a spinoff are in the works. As for Wii U I'm not sure what he means right now. I guess updates for Pikmin 4 and Paper Mario would make sense if the games make it into the Wii U.

Thanks Zero Smile

Spoiler:

Zero Revolution
Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Re: Kimishima: Unannounced 3DS games coming, wants more Wii U titles like Splatoon and Super Mario Maker

Post by Zero Revolution on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:02 am

YES!

I'm so glad they're not abandoning the 3DS just yet. It seemed like with NX on the horizon and 3DS sales starting to fizzle out they were going to be leaving it behind but I guess not. 3DS is legitimately my favorite console so even more new games on it is awesome. If I were to guess it's probably another Yo-Kai Watch, Monster Hunter, Zelda spin-off, and a new Kirby game, along with Pokemon Z if you count that. But I'm also hoping for a Kid Icarus: Uprising sequel and a new Advance Wars personally.

As for Wii U, he's probably talking about Pikmin 4 and the rumored Paper Mario game. I'm fine with both, Pikmin is one of my top 3 favorite game series of all time, so obviously I want more, and if Paper Mario isn't another Sticker Star it should be awesome.

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!
queenzelda
Lady Queen
Lady Queen

Custom Title : Trap Master of Light
Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 7963
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Re: Kimishima: Unannounced 3DS games coming, wants more Wii U titles like Splatoon and Super Mario Maker

Post by queenzelda on Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Should be interesting to see what the unannounced titles are. Personally I'm still holding out hope for Mushroom Kingdom Hearts to become a reality. Razz

Extra stuff:

One day soon I shall surpass you Luma, I the Queen of Zelda do declare it so!!
Zero Revolution
Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Zero Revolution on Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:27 pm

^ That would actually be pretty great though. I mean, they could always just use the Kingdom Hearts 3D engine and add in Mario characters and locations, put it on 3DS and there you go. A Wii U one would take much longer so if it happens (which isn't likely) it'd probably be on 3DS, or NX.

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:37 am