The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Zero's Top 5 Nintendo Franchises

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Zero's Top 5 Nintendo Franchises Empty Zero's Top 5 Nintendo Franchises

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:28 pm

So you guys all know I love Nintendo, I made an entire forum dedicated to it, so that is pretty obvious. I've decided to look over the Nintendo franchises I like best in a countdown. So this is my list of my top 5 favorite Nintendo franchises! Before we get to number 1 I will list a few honorable mentions as well, because with the games I've chosen for them I feel a little strange leaving them out of a Nintendo list like this. Anyway, here we are!

5. Fire Emblem

Zero's Top 5 Nintendo Franchises Fire_Emblem_Overview

Fire Emblem is an amazing strategy RPG game that really makes you think so as not to permanently kill your units. I absolutely love the idea of perma-death, even if it can be incredibly stressful and VERY difficult to make moves at times because of it. The characters are always interesting and its unique decision making and battle system make it one amazing Nintendo franchise. My favorite in the series is Fire Emblem Awakening on 3DS. (although from the looks of it Fates may surpass it!)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Zero's Top 5 Nintendo Franchises Empty Re: Zero's Top 5 Nintendo Franchises

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:57 am

I wander what number 1 is. Razz

I also think that Fire Emblem is a great series even if the the series is made more for first time fans now. I also think Fates plot will make it a little better then Awakening.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:10 pm

^ Haha

4. Kirby
    Zero's Top 5 Nintendo Franchises FB-630x630

The Kirby series was created by Masahiro Sakurai as a game for children to teach them how to play video games. Originally it was meant as a fairly simple game for this reason, however, as fans became older and they realized a game as simple as Kirby's Dream Land wouldn't really fly anymore, the series became something totally different. While still keeping the core mechanics of sucking up enemies (and copying their abilities as added in Kirby's Adventure) they became quite a bit more than that. Each Kirby game also feels completely different from one another, yet quality isn't sacrificed due to its creativity. For example, Kirby's Epic Yarn takes a completely different approach than the traditional Kirby platformers, where sucking and copying abilities is no longer part of the picture, but rather the world is made of yarn and this is used in a wide amount of creative ways for a very uniquely fun platformer. (personally I feel the ways yarn is used in Epic Yarn is much more creative than Woolly World but that's just me)

Kirby feels like Nintendo's test character, where they can try out strange ideas, yet somehow every single idea seems to work out very well. That's what I love so much about the series. That and Kirby is adorable af. :p
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:47 pm

While I do enjoy the main Kirby games. I think that there still easy if you don't count the side modes and Triple Deluxe was pretty much Return to Dreamland without the other players helping Kirby. With that said I think Kirby will be used as test subject again soon since HAL likes making new gameplay elements with the puffball.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:09 pm

3. Super Mario

Zero's Top 5 Nintendo Franchises Latest?cb=20140412154550

Obviously I have to have Mario in a list of top Nintendo franchises. I really don't even need to explain it, we all know what Mario is and why it's such a great series. It's basically the definition of a great platformer. Not only that, but almost every single one of the many spin-off series he has are also fantastic, some even as great as the main platformers. His character really works well in pretty much any genre, and it really makes it an amazing series.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Since you want with Super Mario I guess you mean mostly the 3D games? I can't wait to see how the series evolves on NX soon since the game would have at least been in the works for at least 3 years.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:07 pm

^ The 3D games are definitely my favorites, but I'm including 2D games there as well.

2. Pikmin

Zero's Top 5 Nintendo Franchises 2652075-pikmin

So I'm a HUGE Pikmin fan, and for good reason. It's an amazing and incredibly creative strategy game series unlike pretty much anything else. Exploring worlds making use of the Pikmin is fun, but it's also stressful, and in a good way. Trying to complete the games in as few days as possible getting as much done in the world as possible within the time given for each day is just so much fun. It's actually one of the few games where I enjoy the game more after multiple playthroughs, because finding the quickest and most efficient way to get things done is a huge part of what makes the game great, and playing it over and over again going different paths each time is a great way to accomplish that.

The whole idea of controlling this army of little plant people is just so strange yet amazing. The different types of Pikmin are all really cool, and thinking about which ones you need to use and how many you need at once is a great strategy formula.

IT'S AMAZING. I can't go on any longer but I could be here all day explaining why I love Pikmin so much.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:11 pm

You know I'm surprised you where never turned off by how different Pikmin 3 is. With that said I feel like once you play Pikmin 3 is hard to go back and play the other 2.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:21 am

And now before we move to number 1, I'd like to list a few honorable mentions:

Honorable Mention 1: Animal Crossing

Zero's Top 5 Nintendo Franchises Animal_Crossing_Logo

I absolutely had to include Animal Crossing in this list even if it wasn't one of my top 5. Animal Crossing is probably one of the most addicting game series I've ever played. It's quite simple, just talking to villagers, doing them favors, designing your house and town, picking fruit, fishing, etc. but everything you can do just feels so relaxing and diverse each time. It's quite honestly difficult to describe what exactly keeps me coming back, but I don't think I'll ever tire of the series despite its similarity between each entry thus far.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:34 am

For years I though Animal Crossing looked boring and I never thought New Leaf would hook me for so many hours. I think the big draw is making sure you favorite character don't move out and it's a nice challenge to make the biggest house that you can.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Honorable Mention 2: The Legend of Zelda

Zero's Top 5 Nintendo Franchises 2000px-Zelda_Logo.svg

Now this one I feel really bad about not including in my top 5, just because it's such a major Nintendo franchise that also happens to be an amazing game series. I put Fire Emblem just barely past it because of its characters and the fact that I like strategy games just a bit more than adventure. But regardless the Zelda series is still absolutely amazing. The formula for the series hasn't changed too much throughout each entry, but every time I enter a new dungeon and see what new concepts and items it includes it reminds me just how great it is regardless. The world is always a ton of fun to explore and there's always quite a bit to do. I just love it.

Number one will be posted tomorrow. :3
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:20 am

For me the Zelda series is hit or miss. You have the more simple 2D games and then there are the longer 3D games that just throw you into a big world. I also think it's still a great series though and the sky is the limit with the upcoming Zelda Wii U/ NX game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 am